1/12 4WD Barrage Doomsday 1.9 Scaler RTR - RC Groups

1/12 4WD Barrage Doomsday 1.9 Scaler RTR

An RC rig for the apocalypse! How would you like to have this to go to the grocery store in? The Doomsday has killer looks and cool features.

Splash

ECX 4WD Barrage Doomsday

The ECX 4WD Barrage Doomsday is super bad ass and has features like a 4WD drive train, 4-link suspension, high torque motor, LED lights, waterproof electronics, and more.

ECX 1/12 4WD Barrage Doomsday 1.9 Scaler RTR (2 min 42 sec)

Features

• Super user friendly speeds with impressive crawling capabilities: Fun for anyone from beginner to expert
  • Scale Body and Chassis
  • Completely Ready to Run: Everything needed is in the box
  • Waterproof electronics: Drive in any condition
  • ECX 2.4GHz 2-Channel Radio System: Interference free driving
  • 900mAh battery: Over 30 minutes of run time
  • One step charger: Plug in the battery and it charges automatically
  • 4WD drive train: Extreme traction for climbing
  • Metal ring and pinion gears: Durability and longevity
  • Locked differentials: No slip and true 4WD power
  • 4-link suspension: Increased articulation and ability to scale most obstacles
  • Oil-filled, coil over shocks: Adjustability and superior handling
  • Aluminum front hubs and rear bumper: Durability and styling
  • Combination composite and aluminum main frame: High strength and durability
  • High torque motor: Maximum crawling power in a small efficient package
  • Axle mounted steering servo: Weight down low to provide low CG
  • 1/10 scale servo compatible: Can use readily available electronics
  • Advanced battery mount system: Adjustability for different conditions
  • Full ball bearings: Efficiency and increased run time

Specs

• Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
  • Ball Bearings: Complete
  • Batteries: 900mAh 6-cell NiMH
  • Body: Painted
  • Charger: NiMH Wallwart
  • Chassis: Steel Ladder Frame
  • Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
  • Differential: Locked Differential
  • Drivetrain: 4WD
  • Front Track: 7.0in (177mm)
  • Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
  • Ground Clearance: 2.25in (57mm)
  • Height: 8.5in (216mm)
  • Length: 16.4in (417mm)
  • Motor Size: 390
  • Motor Type: Brushed
  • Painted or Clear Bodies: Painted
  • Pinion: 22T
  • Radio: ECX 2.4GHz 2-Channel
  • Rear Track: 7.0in (177mm)
  • Servos: Included
  • Shock Type: 3 in (75mm) plastic body
  • Size/Scale: 1/12
  • Speed Control: Included
  • Spur Gear: 60T
  • Suspension: Solid Axle 4-Link
  • Tire Compound: Soft
  • Tire Diameter: 4.3in (110mm)
  • Tire Tread: Falken AT3W All Terrain
  • Track: 7.0in (177mm)
  • Vehicle Type: Monster Truck
  • Weight: 2.8lb (1.3kg)
  • Wheel Diameter: 1.9in (49mm)
  • Wheel Type: Black Molded
  • Wheel Width: 1.1in (27mm)
  • Wheelbase: 9.9in (252mm)
  • Width: 7.7in (196mm)

Photos

Learn More

Head over to the Horizon site to get more info on this killer rig.

Jul 14, 2017, 06:57 AM
Looks like a mix between a crawler and a monster truck. Hoped the price would have been a bit lower, but it looks great! Looks scale sorta.
Jul 14, 2017, 06:44 PM
DFS#000178
$200 kinda seems like a lot considering it's 1/12 scale, brushed and comes with a NiMH pack.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:23 PM
I agree, 200 seems like a lot for a 1/12. If it was 1/10 I would get one it looks so cool! But 1/12 is too small
Jul 15, 2017, 01:51 AM
Bizarre.
Jul 15, 2017, 10:31 AM
Ha! I actually love the looks. Great for the Halloween season. All it needs is that "special" license plate.
Jul 19, 2017, 12:19 AM
Valiant Poultry
I love this thing. It's everything that I have been looking for.

I'm not "scale enough" to really care about how great my Trail Finder 2 looks. I'm also not looking for anything to do any serious crawling.

All I want is something that's easy to lug around, looks pretty cool, and is fun to drive on the trail. This truck is all of that for me.

My wife really likes going out on the trails with me, but I've been down to one trail truck for a while now. I think I may try to move that and get one of these for me, and one of the original ECX Barrage trucks for her. I can probably get nearly enough for both of them by selling my TF2.
Jul 19, 2017, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
I love this thing. It's everything that I have been looking for.

I'm not "scale enough" to really care about how great my Trail Finder 2 looks. I'm also not looking for anything to do any serious crawling.

All I want is something that's easy to lug around, looks pretty cool, and is fun to drive on the trail. This truck is all of that for me.

My wife really likes going out on the trails with me, but I've been down to one trail truck for a while now. I think I may try to move that and get one of these for me, and one of the original ECX Barrage trucks for her. I can probably get nearly enough for both of them by selling my TF2.
Yes, it's pretty "eviiile" looking. I'm not looking for a hard-core crawler, either, just something to fool around with that looks neat when it's too windy to fly. There's a nifty little rock crawler course at a public park not far from me where I can fool around with it and scare the neighbors.
Jul 19, 2017, 12:37 PM
I wish it was a little cheaper! I'd get one
Jul 20, 2017, 05:06 PM
Why do people keep saying it's expensive? It's $200 less than an SCX10 II, and it performs really well for it's size and price (look at ecx barrage run videos, it's essentially the same thing besides body and tires.)
Jul 20, 2017, 05:21 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penilla1
Why do people keep saying it's expensive? It's $200 less than an SCX10 II, and it performs really well for it's size and price (look at ecx barrage run videos, it's essentially the same thing besides body and tires.)

Yeah I'm not sure what price they're expecting. I think $199 is a good price. I watched a Facebook live about it and it's actually upgraded over the regular Barrage, too. It's got a 390 motor as opposed to the 370 in the original, and they said the servo and servo mount are now for full 1/10th servos instead of the "shorty" set on the regular Barrage.
Jul 20, 2017, 10:17 PM
Oh I didn't know that, the servo was an annoying problem originally (easy fix though)it's nice that they straightened it out. I heard the stock motor was pretty decent, but burnt out after a while, maybe the 390 will hold up better. I was going to buy a barrage a few months ago, but then I realized I don't really have anywhere to run it.
Jul 20, 2017, 10:23 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penilla1
Oh I didn't know that, the servo was an annoying problem originally (easy fix though)it's nice that they straightened it out. I heard the stock motor was pretty decent, but burnt out after a while, maybe the 390 will hold up better. I was going to buy a barrage a few months ago, but then I realized I don't really have anywhere to run it.

ECX is what got me into this hobby, and I have a special place for their stuff in my heart. The Barrage was on my radar but my buddy got an SCX-10 II so I wanted something equal and went with the Trail Finder 2. Now, over a year later, he's still not done building his SCX and my TF2 just sits. I'll probably go with a standard one for my wife and the Doomsday for me.
Jul 21, 2017, 01:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to trying this contraption out on the local crawling course.