Jul 13, 2017, 06:59 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

Engine Repair

I have a few old, classic 2 and 4 stroke engines in need of a good going over by someone who knows what they're doing better than I do.

Who out there does engine repair these days now that we no longer have Clarence Lee to rely on? I think all of them are O.S.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2017, 08:48 AM
The last fellow I knew of had to quit due to health reasons. So there isn't anyone working on model engines at present that I know of. You may want to ask around your local club to see if someone can help you. Otherwise it is a good time to start learning about the engines and do the work yourself.
Jul 13, 2017, 11:31 AM
Closed Account
I could go through them for you depending on the engines, availability of parts, and work required. Please refer to my blog and YouTube channel for references.
Jul 13, 2017, 01:44 PM
Your doctor can tell you
Did something happen to Clarence Lee ?
Jul 13, 2017, 01:45 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cee
Did something happen to Clarence Lee ?
Time....
Jul 13, 2017, 04:45 PM
Your doctor can tell you
Yes, In that time he has learned and taught quite a bit. I hold that time and experience with deep regard. Time is a great thing.

I was hoping however there has been no recent decline in his health. Last I heard he was still doing his excellent work at repairing exhaust threads on buggered four stroke/cycle engines as well as the 1/4-32 glow plug thread repairs. I did not know if or if not he was doing other work lately, aside from the Lee conversions on K&B engines.

Clarence Lee has always been a gentleman and a very good machinist/engine tech.
Hope he is able to do the work as long as he cares to do it.
Jul 13, 2017, 06:01 PM
I think it was BJ's model engine service that shut down for health reasons. ref https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s-closing-soon

Clarence Lee still does repair stripped out glow plug holes, but he only deals with US postal mail for correspondence or engine repair work. No internet, no phone. He is usually too busy to answer the phone. But then if he answered the phone he would never get anything done.

I looked around and maybe AeroScott still does model engine repair service: http://aeroscott.com/

Also maybe Andy's Model Engine Repair is still in business too http://www.modelenginerepair.com/

Mattes Engine Rework also maybe still does work on engines as well http://www.flyfreeflight.com/Site/Home.html
Last edited by earlwb; Jul 13, 2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
Jul 14, 2017, 04:57 AM
Closed Account
Offer of assistance rescinded.
Jul 14, 2017, 05:19 AM
Oh dear!
Jul 15, 2017, 03:47 PM
Learn to build with wood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrcflyr2
Offer of assistance rescinded.

Did I miss something?
Jul 15, 2017, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucci
Did I miss something?
The thread starter didn't respond, I would do the same as you could see in several threads.

TF
Jul 15, 2017, 05:54 PM
Your doctor can tell you
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK001
I have a few old, classic 2 and 4 stroke engines in need of a good going over by someone who knows what they're doing better than I do.

Who out there does engine repair these days now that we no longer have Clarence Lee to rely on? I think all of them are O.S.

My original inquiry was regarding the above OP statement that "we no longer have Clarence Lee" . Just hoping he was OK. Of course, if he were doing that kind of work , he would be an excellent choice. There were several suggestions that followed .

Perhaps the OP got what he needed.

Quick Reply