Rudder on Left and Right TX sticks - RC Groups
Jul 12, 2017, 08:03 PM
AMA 179-CD
Discussion

Rudder on Left and Right TX sticks

When I fly my RES sailplane I like to have the rudder on the right stick for most flying, but there are times when I'd like to use the left stick to add additional rudder input. What's the best way for me to accomplish this?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2017, 11:38 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
You would need to assign a separate channel to the left stick and then create a P.mix to slave the right stick to the left stick.
Latest blog entry: The Pilot Yak Saga
Jul 13, 2017, 03:34 PM
There are several ways to do this, depending on what sort of mixing functions your transmitter offers.

You can mix the left stick into the right stick.

However, if you are simply looking for a way to have adjustable or variable control throw and sensitivity, doing it by mixing two sticks together is a very clumsy way to do it.

The traditional way is by setting up a "dual rate" switch, where the control sensitivity can be varied by the switch position.

However, if you don't want to have to flip a switch when you're in a situation that needs more control throw, the other option is to add "exponential" to the right stick. This makes the control sensitivity low around neutral, but then increases it as you get further away from neutral. This gives you fine, precise control for small stick movements in normal flight, but still lets you get max throw at the extremes. And it does that with one stick, and no switches.
Jul 13, 2017, 08:10 PM
AMA 179-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
You would need to assign a separate channel to the left stick and then create a P.mix to slave the right stick to the left stick.
On my Aurora 9 with a 6-channel RX I have Ch 1 on J1 for rudder, Ch 2 on J2 for elevator, Ch 3 on J3 for throttle, Ch 4 is Spoiler 1 on LS, Ch5 is Spoiler 2 on LS, Ch 6 is Aux 1 for my battery backup. So if I understand correctly, all I need to do is simply P-Mix J1 andJ4? I thought the mixer was to mix channels, but I've run out of them on the 6-channel RX...