Aug 06, 2017, 09:14 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDe
Both look very good ! Can't wait to see some video of that twin at speed.
Nick
Ok, here it is!...

TWINSHARK 7S MAIDEN, 3KW! (4 min 24 sec)
Latest blog entry: Eight cell fun!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2017, 11:29 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
Nice work! That's quite quick.... anyone doppler it?
Aug 07, 2017, 01:27 PM
Wait .... what ?
That's awesome ! Evil sounding and echos at WOT. Definitely the first 2 motor speed/pylon plane I've ever seen. Is it even possible to doppler the plane with it having two props ? Not sure how fast it's going but it is definitely moving !
Nick
Aug 17, 2017, 08:54 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP

7s fail!

Motor, esc, bec, and battery flew 75yd downrange after firewall and parts of the fuse broke loose in a hard pull up combined with a throttle punch.
**I fly more aggressive off camera, pulling much quicker turns, looking for failure.
Well I found it here and the fix is easy.
This has NO mechanical damage other than a couple wires.
The beauty here is there was absolutely NO crash damage.. only what pulled apart in the air.
Watch how well this repairs...
O yea.. a video .. it did not need "capacitance"
(capacitors), just more glass!

Minishark 7s! (5 min 35 sec)
Last edited by MikeRx; Aug 17, 2017 at 10:10 PM.
Aug 18, 2017, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx
O yea.. a video .. it did not need "capacitance"
(capacitors), just more glass!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21Oh4UhnVB4
That thing is wicked. Your cameraman is doing a great job keeping up with it, that isn't easy at all the way it moves.

Mark
Aug 18, 2017, 04:30 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmattock
That thing is wicked. Your cameraman is doing a great job keeping up with it, that isn't easy at all the way it moves.

Mark
Thank you.
Credit to Chris' first Shark filming!

..and now we are back, next day!
New colors, official sticker... and a bit more glass.
Oct 11, 2017, 05:11 AM
Mike have you flown it since the repair?
Oct 12, 2017, 06:18 AM
That little monster gets my vote as the most radical machine in the High Performance Forum.
Oct 17, 2017, 10:31 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
Mike have you flown it since the repair?
Yes.. and slung off two more motors from broken props, landing with no damage.
I am limiting to 7s for now and all props get glassed hubs.
Gonna test APC 4x4.5 on 8s next..
Oct 17, 2017, 10:35 PM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer
That little monster gets my vote as the most radical machine in the High Performance Forum.
THANKS!
That is a high honor given the big $ company here.
Oct 18, 2017, 08:57 AM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Here is a 35.5" version with no glass and little paint, flying at around 16oz with 1300 4s.
It is not too fast, but very smooth.
It sold to an eager club member.
Although it has better visibility, the 28" is superior, being stiffer and faster.
Oct 19, 2017, 01:35 PM
Are you running the 2500kv F80 on 8s or is it a lower kv? Also what ESC are you using?
Oct 28, 2017, 06:46 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
After discussing these models' power systems with BMatthews in a different thread, I decided it's time to give it a shot myself.

So I ordered one of these awesome looking little motors. RotorRiot Hype Train 2306, 30 grams, Kv = 2450. Specs and test data look excellent. I'll be powering it with a pair of brand new 3S 650mAh 75C Pulse Ultra packs in series - the 75C rating is typical marketing BS, but these packs are supposed to be pretty good, so we'll see. I'm hoping the CC Talon 35 can keep up with a 14P motor at 45-50k RPM. Research says it should but nobody seems to have tried it.

I'm thinking the airframe will be a tiny midwing pod-n-boom style, just because that would look frickin awesome. Maybe with a T tail, because T tails are cool. My plan is to throw on an APC 5.25x6.25 and trim down the diameter until the motor pulls 40 amps or so. That should be suitably insane to start off with.

Hold my beer!
Latest blog entry: Jeti ESC resto-mod
Oct 30, 2017, 09:06 AM
Airspeed is my drug
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece
After discussing these models' power systems with BMatthews in a different thread, I decided it's time to give it a shot myself.

So I ordered one of these awesome looking little motors. RotorRiot Hype Train 2306, 30 grams, Kv = 2450. Specs and test data look excellent. I'll be powering it with a pair of brand new 3S 650mAh 75C Pulse Ultra packs in series - the 75C rating is typical marketing BS, but these packs are supposed to be pretty good, so we'll see. I'm hoping the CC Talon 35 can keep up with a 14P motor at 45-50k RPM. Research says it should but nobody seems to have tried it.

I'm thinking the airframe will be a tiny midwing pod-n-boom style, just because that would look frickin awesome. Maybe with a T tail, because T tails are cool. My plan is to throw on an APC 5.25x6.25 and trim down the diameter until the motor pulls 40 amps or so. That should be suitably insane to start off with.

Hold my beer!
Looking good.
T or V tail would be cool.
Mid wing is challenge due to packaging
The CC will not work. I have never got one to work well on 6s with these high pole count motors.
Try any BL Heli esc. You will need a seperate BEC.
ALSO.. get the bl heli thumb drive for esc settings.
Your light motor will run best on a quad prop..
Try the apc 4x4.5 or 5.1x5".
Those apc E speed props dont hook up or balance as well.
I have new 6s pack to test with 5.2x6" APC, and 8s to try on 4x4.5".
It goes 135 mph on 3s with the 5.2x6....
Oct 30, 2017, 09:26 AM
Make sure you select a BlHeli_S or BlHeli_32 ESC (not just BlHeli) and if you select a BlHeli_S ESC, make sure you get one with the BB2 microcontroller. That one supports up to 500k erpm.

Quick Reply