This thread is privately moderated by aopen3434, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2017, 02:31 AM
Just pre-ordered both, can't wait, I hope it's all that !
I've got no previous experience with Hobbywing.
Aug 11, 2017, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReganATX
Just pre-ordered both, can't wait, I hope it's all that !
I've got no previous experience with Hobbywing.
Have you used these yet? How was your results?
Aug 11, 2017, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn900
Have you used these yet? How was your results?
Good, I like it a lot, it's easy to wire and setup but I'm having some problems with wiring led to work with betaflight and I broke off my USB and can't find a lot of info on this FC to tap into the SWCLK and SWDIO to use a FTDI adapter so I can connect to betaflight again.
Aug 12, 2017, 09:42 AM
Can it be repaired?
Aug 12, 2017, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn900
Can it be repaired?
No, I pulled off the pads trying to re-solder it, that's why I'm trying to find the SWCLK and SWDIO on the board so I can hook up a FTDI adapter to access betaflight but I can't get a answer from hobbywing.
Sep 29, 2017, 05:18 PM
Have used 5s on this setup?
Sep 29, 2017, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabLabn
Have used 5s on this setup?
No, 4S only but I have to take back my original statement about this setup.
I've had nothing but problems with both the FC and the 4in1 now, there seems to be a quality control problem, the pins that connect the boards broke off on the 4in1 and I hadn't even had a maiden flight, not to mention if you want to hook anything up to this board like telemetry you have to do hacks to get stuff to work because there is only one inverted port and that is being used by Sbus and forget about smartaudio, I have not been able to get it to work at all on this board, customer support is very spotty both here in the states and in China, no one seems to know anything about this board and takes multiple emails to get a response from anyone, which is a shame because I've heard nothing but good things about Hobbywing over the years. I have not decided what I'm going to do yet but most likely I'm going take a lose and sell it, unfortunately I bought a new FC and Helidirect has just replaced the 4in1 so both the FC and 4in1 are new but I'm tired of spending time and money on this setup, maybe somebody who is more inclined to using Omnibus FC's would like this setup but I have found that it is not as easy to setup as they lead you to believe, unless you don't want telemetry or smartaudio and anything else on the board, hell, even the LED's don't work without changing something on the board"hardware and software"
I guess that's what I get for trying something new, I should of bought just a BF board and saved some time and money.
Oct 01, 2017, 02:41 PM
mr1
mr1
How to use LEDs with this bord? I tried to connect LED signal to S6 and after that to LED+ with toldered pins on the backside but it does not work. +5V and GND are connected to the two pins next to S1. The manual is really hard to understand. What is LED - for? Which is the normal Betaflight pin for LEDs?

I get 5V at my LEDs but not control signal so all LEDs still off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbywing's complicated manual
The FC can output control signals to control the WS2812B LED strip, “S6” can output LED control signals. “LED+” can also output these control signals if short connecting the upper two
of the three points in the box which is marked with “LED-Strip 5V+” on the backside of the FC; if not short connecting the upper two but the lower two, then “LED+” will provide a
voltage of 5V to support a LED (which does not exceed [email protected]) coming on solid
Oct 01, 2017, 03:18 PM
See what I mean, you have to go into resource and do some changing, you'll have to Google Omnibus F4 betaflight LEDs and there's something in the GitHub about what you need to do. I've not done it myself because my VTX has its own LED outputs. This board is a huge hassle to do anything with.
Have you tried to get to telemetry yet?
Everything about this board is complicated, the only easy thing to do is plug in their 4in1 each.

I've wasted a 100 $ I know that.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:47 PM
mr1
mr1
You mean? resource led_strip a8. I got the answer:
NOTE: A08 already assigned to MOTOR 6

No havent tried telemetry yet. Is it not working? What did you try? I hope I didn't by a lot of sh.. for a lot of money. Hobbywing support is on holiday for next 8 days...
Oct 01, 2017, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1
You mean? resource led_strip a8. I got the answer:
NOTE: A08 already assigned to MOTOR 6

No havent tried telemetry yet. Is it not working? What did you try? I hope I didn't by a lot of sh.. for a lot of money. Hobbywing support is on holiday for next 8 days...
Sure, I guess? I didn't bother looking into it cuz I didn't want to hassle with it so I just used the LED port on my laforge VTX, here is the link that hobbywing "China" sent me,
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...rd---OMNIBUSF4 and good luck with getting any kind of real answer from anyone, they always seem to be on a holiday one way or another as far as getting any kind of real response from them, I don't think anybody really knows a lot about this board at Hobbywing.
As far as Telemetry goes, well there's only one inverted port on this board and thats the case for all F4 boards for that matter from what I understand and it's being used by sbus so you have to uninvert whichever RX you're going to use in order to get Telemetry to the FC, I found a video online for the XSR to solder a wire from the board to get an uninverted signal off it.
Un-inverting FrSky XSR & X4R-SB Telemetry & Sbus Signals (4 min 9 sec)
Oct 29, 2017, 01:36 PM
mr1
mr1
I have just seen that there is another thread about Hobbywing Combo: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post38537370

i got an answer from Hobbywing but they just told me what is already in the manual.
Oct 31, 2017, 07:03 PM
shouldve been playin starcraft
hi, did you get your LEDs to work?
Oct 31, 2017, 07:50 PM
mr1
mr1
No. Do yours work? Please watch: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n1-Combo/page3

Quick Reply