HobbyKing SBD Dauntless EP-GP 1540mm (60.6") (ARF) - RC Groups

HobbyKing SBD Dauntless EP-GP 1540mm (60.6") (ARF)

The HobbyKing SBD Dauntless is a great looking scale model with a 61" wingspan and some really nice touches that warbird fans will love.

Splash

A Scaled-Out Dauntless for Electric or Glow Power

The HobbyKing SBD Dauntless is a great looking scale model with a 61" wingspan and some really nice touches that warbird fans will love. It's a built up ARF made from lightweight balsa and ply. The cowl is fiberglass and the trim scheme is accomplished with a printed PVC covering. It comes with retracts, split flaps, detailed cockpit and two pre-painted pilot figures. The details looks pretty nice and those split flaps will allow for some extreme dives without picking up too much airspeed. For power you can use a 700-800 Watt brushless system or use a .46 sized glow engine if that's your thing. The wings are removable for transportation so you can fit it in smaller cars. Check out the video and photos below to see just how good this Dauntless looks.

Features:

• Almost Ready to Fly - Complete final assembly, install your choice of electronics and power system
  • Made of lightweight balsa and plywood
  • Detachable wings for easy transportation
  • Pre-installed servoless retracts with Oleo legs
  • Detailed cockpit interior including dials and interfaces
  • Pre-painted pilots with machine guns
  • Large battery-hatch for easy access
  • Functional ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle, flaps, retractable landing gear

Check out the HobbyKing SBD Dauntless here

Jul 12, 2017, 09:31 AM
Thats not new. Thats the VQ Models
Jul 12, 2017, 10:20 AM
RCG Staff
Took out the word "new." Still new to HK though.
Jul 12, 2017, 10:21 AM
The runway is your best bet.
Those retracts are crap
Jul 12, 2017, 10:27 AM
I am game. I would agree looks just like the VQ model.
Jul 12, 2017, 10:39 AM
If this is a VQ model, it's a better deal buying it through HobbyKing then through other VQ channels. HobbyKing has it for $212 for the US price with shipping under $20. It also comes with retracts however if the retracts aren't any good probably doesn't matter. The VQ price is at least $20 more, and higher shipping costs.
Last edited by Laury415; Jul 12, 2017 at 05:50 PM.
Jul 12, 2017, 11:06 AM
Arrowhead
Whatever its lineage, I want to thank HK for helping to keep balsa planes alive! Not enough sources for Balsa ARFs these days
Jul 12, 2017, 12:49 PM
retired ATC
I liked the bearcat teaser that just happened to show up for a second lol
Jul 12, 2017, 01:18 PM
Heres the same Bearcat
http://www.vqmodel.com/NewVQModel_20...ize_ep-gp.html
Jul 12, 2017, 01:20 PM
Heres the Daultless
http://www.vqmodel.com/NewVQModel_46...ize_ep-gp.html
Jul 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
Wondering price of the big bear? I didn't see price listed.
Jul 12, 2017, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcool
Wondering price of the big bear? I didn't see price listed.
Around $500
Jul 13, 2017, 05:43 PM
Ldm
Ldm
The retracts actually work really well if they are one and the same used and sold by VQ.
The struts alone are worth the money of the retract, same end result as Robart without the cost, the drilling, tapping and hammering lol
Jul 14, 2017, 10:57 AM

Just got mine!

I just purchased mine here at the HK warehouse in Oregon. Haven't put it together yet but this is the VQ model, even comes In the VQ box etc. HK doesn't hide any of that. Retracts are exceptional, looks to be the same as the VQ optional. Very pleased with the quality and detail, can't wait to get it together (mine will be electric) and fly it.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:02 AM
Festooks, I too purchased the plane. I have had my eye on the VQ duantlass for awhile. Glad to here the retracts are looking. I could not pass up the HK price with the retracts included. Been reading through the VQ forum. Should have plan in mail today.