Eachine EV800D 5.8Ghz FPV Goggle Review - RC Groups

Eachine EV800D 5.8Ghz FPV Goggle Review

We take a look at the Eachine EV800D 5.8Ghz FPV video goggles and see how they work.

Splash

Introduction

The Eachine EV800D FPV goggle/monitor is a new version of the EV800 and it features some welcome changes and upgrades over the original. It can still be used as video goggles or a stand alone monitor, but it is now more comfortable to wear, has a better button configuration, a diversity receiver and a built-in DVR. Let's dive in and take a closer look.

What's in the Box

When you open the box, the unit is nicely packed and it arrived with no damaged parts. Here's the list of items you get with your purchase.

• EV800D Goggles
  • Power Supply for Charging
  • Patch Antenna
  • Omni Antenna
  • External Power Cable
  • Video In Composite Cable
  • Cleaning Cloth
  • Carry Bag
  • Manual

Closer Look

Video

Conclusion

The Eachine EV800D goggles are a nice upgrade over the older version and while the price has gone up, so has the features and value. They work as goggles and a monitor, have a diversity receiver, DVR, video input and a built-in battery for $89. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. No they aren't the most comfortable goggles to wear on the market, but if these fit your budget you'll be very happy with them.

Pros

• Works as goggles or a monitor
  • Under $100 is budget friendly
  • Many upgrades over the previous model
  • Built-in battery adds to convenience
  • 40 Channel 5.8Ghz Diversity receiver
  • Auto Scan and manual channel section
  • Great looking screen

Cons

• Not as comfortable to wear as other goggles
  • Internal battery only lasts 2 hours
  • Non adjustable magnification screen

Link

Check out the Eachine EV800D Video Goggles Here

Jul 14, 2017, 05:07 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
I've heard good things about these, just wondering about durability as some people in the other thread are starting to have some problems.
Jul 14, 2017, 07:35 AM
Problems like.. face drop ?
Jul 14, 2017, 10:36 AM
RCG Staff
I've had the EV800 for over a year now with no issues. I don't expect any with the EV800D's now either.