Jul 11, 2017, 03:11 AM
Phoenix
Thread OP
Help!

Model for Phoenix Flight sim similar to Phoenix Rainbow EP 1600

I am an early learner in RC aircraft and have recently bought a Phoenix Rainbow EP 1600 scale 1:7 ARF. It is a lovely airplane and a great pleasure to build. I was very impressed with the quality of the kit and the professional finish. I was hoping that a computer model would be available for the Phoenix Flight Sim so I could practise at home so as to minimise any catastrophes on the field.
Alas no… After searching high and low on on the web I could find nothing. Does such a model exist and if not what would be the closest model with similar specs…?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2017, 03:35 AM
Have you tried asking in the Simulators forum where there's a large thread of people making models for that sim? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-for-PhoenixRC

Otherwise any similar size high-wing electric model would be close enough to get you started. Something like the Apprentice 15e perhaps.

Steve
Jul 12, 2017, 05:47 PM
Don't worry about trying to find a similar plane in the simulator, it's still not going to be quite like the real deal. I found it helpful to practice with much more difficult planes in the simulator. Try the warbirds and fancy scale twins, stuff you'd never try in real life as a beginner. On the simulator you can crash all you want and once you get the hang of an advanced plane on there a real trainer will feel almost easy to fly.
Jul 13, 2017, 03:47 AM
Phoenix
Thread OP
hi James... very pragmatic and useful advice... thanks... Ian

Quick Reply