Aug 15, 2017, 05:23 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Thread OP
Update: I kept encountering random spins of death when I would do rolls. I saw a random Youtube vid that suggested changing the startup power in BLHeli. I took it down to the minimum, but then the motors wouldnt spin up at all. Putting it at .25 (I think it was) got them spinning again.

Somehow in the process of changing that and some OSD settings in Betaflight, it decided not to respond to Tx signals. I tried resetting it, and re-binding Tx without success. A flash of the latest version (which btw is quite outdated as it came to me) got it working again *AND* I also see the previously missing Horizon mode, along with several other new modes!

I'll be flying it more this weekend, so hoping the random death spins will be resolved. Will report back.
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2017, 10:32 PM
On the ol' Interweb
Your Configurator might have auto updated.
Sep 12, 2017, 07:35 PM
Anybody have a screenshot of the stock PID's I updated the firmware took a picture of the stock pits first but one of my kids deleted the picture from my phone thanks in a Vance
Jul 27, 2018, 03:58 PM

95x

Hello guys, I bought this in April and have just uncovered it about a month ago, Yeah been busy! I've been trying to bind it to my DX6i via betaflight but can not get it to bind, So off to the internet I went, The vids they have on-line are not to detailed or go to fast to follow along. Can I get some help Please.

Thanks
Kevin
Jul 27, 2018, 11:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
In what mode are you trying to bind? DSM2 or DSMX? What steps are you using in the process? I've found this guide pretty helpful when I was confronted with binding DSM with my T8SG multi transmitter:

Within the CLI type:
set spektrum_sat_bind = 9 - for DSMX
set spektrum_sat_bind = 5 - for DSM2
Type save, your flight controller will now reboot. Once it has rebooted, remove the USB cable to power off the flight controller.
After a second, reconnect the USB cable and your receiver should flash (indicating it is in bind mode)
Turn on your R/C controller while holding the bind button (on the controller).
Once the binding is complete, the LED on the receiver should stop blinking.
Now connect back to BetaFlight and you can confirm it is bound by going to the receiver tab, and you should see the bars moving when you move your R/C controller sticks.
Now you need to turn off bind mode on your receiver. To do this go back to the CLI and type set spektrum_sat_bind = 0
Type save to apply the settings. The board will reboot and now have completed the binding process!

https://www.dronetrest.com/t/how-to-...beginners/4851
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jul 28, 2018, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
In what mode are you trying to bind? DSM2 or DSMX? What steps are you using in the process? I've found this guide pretty helpful when I was confronted with binding DSM with my T8SG multi transmitter:

Within the CLI type:
Type save, your flight controller will now reboot. Once it has rebooted, remove the USB cable to power off the flight controller.
After a second, reconnect the USB cable and your receiver should flash (indicating it is in bind mode)
Now connect back to BetaFlight and you can confirm it is bound by going to the receiver tab, and you should see the bars moving when you move your R/C controller sticks.
Now you need to turn off bind mode on your receiver. To do this go back to the CLI and type set spektrum_sat_bind = 0
Type save to apply the settings. The board will reboot and now have completed the binding process!

Thanks I'll try this!!
Aug 02, 2018, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan

Within the CLI type:

Thank you again, I haven't been able to try this yet, Once I do I'll let you know how it goes.

Quick Reply