Jul 28, 2017, 08:50 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Hmm, that receiver should give better range than what you are getting, though it's not a very long range receiver. FD800 or XM are better, XM+ is amazing. Do you get RSSI on the XM+ on OSD, or did you have to upgrade firmware?
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2017, 09:02 AM
Haven't really messed with Rssi on osd. I have a xm+ on one of my bigger quads. So I'm confident in the range of it. I'm fairly sure I will lose video before I run out of range with 25mw lol.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradmel1008
Haven't really messed with Rssi on osd. I have a xm+ on one of my bigger quads. So I'm confident in the range of it. I'm fairly sure I will lose video before I run out of range with 25mw lol.

Likely yes. I did a quick range test with XM+, the results suggest 800m+ range. VTX is less than 200m, I think.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:22 AM
Well flew around inside lol. Def different than the whoop. But so far no drops outta the air. It has to be rx. Because I noticed when it happened I never lost video. Checked all the solder joints while I had it apart. All appear to be in good shape.
Jul 28, 2017, 09:27 AM
SPC soldering is quite good. Sounds indeed like a dodgy receiver.
Jul 28, 2017, 11:19 AM
Yup rx. Finally got a little break in the rain. Xm+ solved the problem! Quite surprised by the power of this thing!
Jul 28, 2017, 03:36 PM
Whoop Killa (3 min 1 sec)
Jul 28, 2017, 11:00 PM
I got mine today - good news and bad news!

You were spot on about the Frsky receiver - its worthless. I dorked a set of the props that came with it on the first fail safe, but I didn't much care for those props anyhow. Then tried a set of Furous FPV 2035's which weren't any better, and killed them on the second fail safe...

I put an XM+ rx in and some HQ 1930's and its a different animal. Its a little bit on the heavy side, but plenty of power and handles well.

I'm getting poor vtx range compared to my other 25mW machines. The AIO vtx is a CM275T variant with video in and video out lines, and a long dipole antenna on it. The video quality is otherwise fairly good(for what it is).

Its a keeper, because it flies so well. Quality control is decent, but needs a better rx and vtx....
Jul 28, 2017, 11:13 PM
I like the way the 1930 props fly much better, but there's another benefit - it fits in the case now
Jul 29, 2017, 07:20 AM
Hate to hear it happened to you as well! But hey makes me feel better that I don't have the worst luck lol. Yea it's def a keeper absolute blast to fly. I'm already looking to change to runcam micro and the eachine vtx03.
Aug 01, 2017, 07:30 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Thread OP
rcflyair - Thanks for your comments on other props - just ordered some 1930s to try out!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 01, 2017, 08:17 AM
Welcome - I hope you like them.

Well, I just couldn't hang with the stock AIO camera and vtx. The range was not good. I compared them to several other 25mw AIO's I fly and it just plain sucks.

So I pulled it and put in a Eachine VTX03 and little cmos camera. The new setup is much better, and I plan to see about putting a Runcam micro in soon....

Looks like I'll end up with something very similar to the new SPC Maker 95GT that's just been released
Aug 01, 2017, 08:31 AM
Rcflyair- I ordered 20mm stand offs, eachine vtx03, runcam micro. Did the vtx03 fit under the stock stand offs?
Aug 01, 2017, 10:17 AM
No, I just stuck it on top with a bit of double-sided tape. I'm pretty sure that both the rx and vtx would not both fit under the top plate with the stock standoffs.

Also, I think the runcam micro might need the taller standoffs for clearance???

I've been griping about the rx and vtx, and replaced them both, but I really like how it flies. Its a little on the heavy side, but it just flies GREAT....
Last edited by rcflyair; Aug 01, 2017 at 10:23 AM.
Aug 01, 2017, 12:43 PM
Oh ok. Glad I ordered those 20mm stand offs lol. Check my YouTube channel. I've posted a couple flights. I def agree I love the way it flys!

Quick Reply