Aug 22, 2017, 12:55 AM
They looks close to the original 3548 990kv from Roxxy.
These are even closer: turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-3548-1050kv

No need for a cased motor in Funray, plenty of space.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2017, 05:08 AM
Wht is airfoil? (approximation fine)
Aug 22, 2017, 06:30 AM
The original Stingray is SD 6061, not sure it can be copied 1:1 into foam...
Aug 27, 2017, 03:56 PM
In Thrust We Trust
tried 4s this weekend....video´s comming tomorrow!

also wanted to give a 5200maAh 4s battery a go, which i had lying arround... no problem at all!
no bad flying char. also with heavy batts!

and a comparison between heron and funray wings... if anybody´s interested
Aug 28, 2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi386
tried 4s this weekend....video´s comming tomorrow!

also wanted to give a 5200maAh 4s battery a go, which i had lying arround... no problem at all!
no bad flying char. also with heavy batts!

and a comparison between heron and funray wings... if anybody´s interested
Do you need to change anything to fly it in 4S ?
Esc, motor or prop ?
Aug 28, 2017, 07:04 AM
In Thrust We Trust
I didn´t change anything!

Motor gets warm, but it isn´t too bad actually!

All new Multiplex Funray with 4s (4 min 47 sec)
Aug 30, 2017, 10:33 PM
i so want one of these but dont kow when they will hit teh Australian shelves since most of the distributors are as useful as a hammer in a glass shop. HOPELESS.
Aug 31, 2017, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou
i so want one of these but dont kow when they will hit teh Australian shelves since most of the distributors are as useful as a hammer in a glass shop. HOPELESS.
https://www.modelflight.com.au/glide...lider-kit.html Kit $300
https://www.modelflight.com.au/glide...ver-ready.html $620

But when is coming soon?
Sep 06, 2017, 09:44 PM
Registered DSer
The price difference to step up to the RTR version seemed a little high, but if you add up the retail component prices:
6 off Hitec servos at $30 each = $180
1 off decent ESC at $40 each = $40
1 off good motor at $80 each = $80
All the wiring harnesses probably $30
Pair of folding blades = $10 for cheap ones

This totals in the vicinity of the RTR price of $620. Generally (unlike other manufacturers) Multiplex RTR components are pretty good quality - they are the only brand that I would consider buying their hardware. Plus you know that it is selected to suit the plane, so you don't need to experiment (i.e. buy twice).

Having said all that, I agree that $620 is a lot of money for a foam model! (especially if you're also planning to drop a decent FPV kit into it (flight controller with RTH/OSD, camera, VTx, antennas, pan servo, etc))
Sep 07, 2017, 12:23 AM
All the above figures are grossly inflated, even for top components.
This plane don't need more than $100 components to perform flawless.
12$ servos, 15$ ESC, 30$ motor, is the maximum someone should pay and not be worried at all.
Sep 07, 2017, 10:20 AM
RC Guru
The $620 price is Australian, keep in mind the dollar amount is not the same throughout the world.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
The $620 price is Australian, keep in mind the dollar amount is not the same throughout the world.
The A$320 delta between kit and RR is currently about US$256.

You can certainly find cheaper servos than the Hitec. If you but the Hitecs fit the mounts exactly and for me have proven very reliable, so for the convenience and relatively small cost difference I always put Hitec servos in Multiplex models. Just the time to adapt non Hitec servos to the snap in mounts Multiplex uses is worth the $100 I could potentially save on super cheap servos.

In contrast, I normally find the Multiplex RR power system value propositions underwhelming.
But in this case given I would be prepared to shell out the cost of the Hs65hb servos anyway (about A$200 retail) the extra A$120 for the power system and installation and setup of everything is imo not bad value. I get value from the cost of a restaurant meal over home cooking - having a model RR is a similar calculus.

But having the kit available as an option is also important for those of us who have a stock of recycled hs65hb and half a dozen candidate motors and ESCs.

So Model Flight - let's have the kit in stock!
Sep 08, 2017, 01:06 AM
there are not many gliders that come in both the kit and RTF versions and there must be a lot of thought by the manufacturers on the spec with the rtf to get the pricing right so they can sell. i see other posts that seem to get quite unnecessarily over heated when discussing what specs should be provided and then options for servos to be provided etc. Having both kit and artf options is great so each onto their own. you dont see many if any mouldies with artf options.
Sep 08, 2017, 02:52 PM
Funray R.I.P (1 min 33 sec)
Sep 08, 2017, 04:14 PM
RC Guru
Needless to say, if you plan on D-sing it like a composite.... It may need to be glassed like a composite...

Quick Reply