Multiplex FUNRAY 2m Slope and aerobatic - RC Groups
Jul 09, 2017, 10:24 AM
Discussion

Multiplex FUNRAY 2m Slope and aerobatic

This was seen in the Swiss Alps

Looks like a pretty good flyer, not as fast as a mouldie, but still looks like a lot of fun in the videos

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alpi...9045415461907/

Will calling some dealers to get my order in !!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2017, 04:37 AM
According to Multiplex in Germany, the Funray should be ready to ship to dealers in about 2 weeks
Jul 12, 2017, 09:03 AM
Video (German)

MULTIPLEX FUNRAY [deutsch] (3 min 27 sec)
Jul 12, 2017, 12:56 PM
Best Multiplex glider ever? I think so! They really spent a lot of time with it, the plastic LE really gives it a lot of additional strength.
Jul 12, 2017, 08:50 PM
aRCee Moloko [YT]
190,- Euro's for the KIT version

Don't see the RR / RTF listed yet on the german website. Will probably be around 300,-

Expensive for a "foamy", for that kinda money you might just as well buy a nice composite..

But you do get great quality with MPX, and the details on the Funray look pretty sleek!

It IS on my wanted list.
Jul 13, 2017, 12:14 PM
New product, high price. Most likely it will drop a bit after its been out a while too and most stores are below RRP.

Looks really good though. Would fit my needs perfecly but I have recently bought a Heron ... I gotta see if it id available in the Multiflight simulator
Jul 14, 2017, 08:43 AM

€400 for the RR !

But when you add up the cost of all the parts, the pricing is reasonable for the servos you are getting. Ball bearing with Karbonite gears.

A full house mouldie typically takes me close to 30 hours to build. And if you ding it, repairs take quite a bit of work too.

RR at this price is way less than I would invest in a mouldie !

Ordered from Lindinger in Austria, should have it next week

I have been looking for a aerobatic electric slope soarer with flaps for quite a few years, the Funray hits all of the important buttons
Jul 14, 2017, 09:18 AM
aRCee Moloko [YT]
Hmm.. 210,- for a motor, a 55A ESC and 6 HS-65HB servo's?

That's 120,- for the servo's, leaves 90,- for the motor and ESC

I'll hope for a price drop on the kit version and add components myself.

A nice SK3 Aerodrive, a 60A ESC and some metal gear Emax servo's should save around 100 bucks.. and probably even better performance.
Jul 14, 2017, 06:11 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristofferR
Nice (if unoriginal) looks, seems to fly well but what a terrible name - what were they thinking? FunRay sounds like the "comedy" drunk who props up one end your local pub...!
Last edited by MattyB; Jul 14, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
Jul 14, 2017, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
Nice (if unoriginal) looks, seems to fly well but what a terrible name - what were they thinking? FunRay sounds like the "comedy" drunk who props up one end your local pub...!
Multiplex's interpretation of the Stingray aerobatic glider becomes the Funray

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...7&d=1479427495
Last edited by EuroDriver; Jul 14, 2017 at 06:52 PM.
Jul 14, 2017, 08:52 PM
What you looking' at fool!
One of the best promo videos I've ever seen for a model . .
Jul 15, 2017, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDriver
Multiplex's interpretation of the Stingray aerobatic glider becomes the Funray

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...7&d=1479427495
Looks really close! I noted the fin design/shape and wondering why it was a bit uncharacteristic of MPX designs but now I get what they were coming from. I attached the pic in here for reference.

The preinstalled M6 connectors is a most welcome move as is the plastic leading edge. Wing connection looks like Heron/Solius so it should be a good thing.

One thing that signals a departure in branding from MPX is the ROXXY drivetrain as well as HiTec badging and black servos too.

Teaser from Modellpilot EU:
MULTIPLEX FUNRAY PREVIEW !!! zum anstehenden TESTBERICHT (2 min 6 sec)
Jul 16, 2017, 11:59 AM

2 flight test reports

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...ghlight=Funray

Post 40 and 41

Take always are

- good aerobatic capabilities, good speed.
- Flys better with more weight
- Goes vertical on 4S, motor get's only slightly warm. Weight of 4S 5000 lipo works well
- worth trying having the flaps synchronized with the ailerons

Only negative is that the Butterfly is not so effective at slowing model down.

My 2 cents, I hope the butterfly can be made more effective with bigger throws but may be the flaps need to be bigger.

Not an impossible mod by cutting a new hinge line and installing conventional hinges
Last edited by EuroDriver; Jul 18, 2017 at 12:43 AM.
Jul 16, 2017, 04:30 PM
Any idea when these will be available in the USA?
Jul 17, 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seng30904
Any idea when these will be available in the USA?
It's a fairly new aircraft to the market, I have no idea what the status of it is here in the US.