Pro Boat Veles 29 Brushless Catamaran RTR - RC Groups

Pro Boat Veles 29 Brushless Catamaran RTR

The Veles is a 29" catamaran with a powerful 2000kv motor that pushes it to speeds over 50 MPH. Let's take a quick look at this lime green cat!

Splash

A 50 MPH Cat From Pro Boat

The all new Veles from Pro Boat is Horizon Hobby's latest FE boat that sports a bright green gel-coat and can be powered with 4s or 6s LiPos. The Veles has much in common with the Blackjack 29, but comes with a 6-pole 2000Kv motor that is more efficient and powerful. The Veles 29 retails for $429.99 and is scheduled for release in mid August 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Pro Boat Veles 29" Brushless Catamaran RTR

PRB08029 Veles 29 Catamaran Boat on 6S + Crash (1 min 7 sec)

Let's see what Horizon Hobby has to say about the Veles 29 and it's upgrades:

Hand-laid Fiberglass Composite Hull and Canopy

Laid in three layers of fiberglass and hardened with high-strength resin, the hull and canopy are built to last! The hull's stiffness allows it to be more predictable-it deforms far less than heat-molded hulls and can withstand speeds in which most heat-molded hulls would fold. Fiberglass constructed hulls are built for performance just like the real boats you see racing offshore.

Optimized Hull Design

The new hull design features redesigned, stepped ride pads like real 1:1 catamarans. These steps give the boat a smoother ride along the water and ultimately provide more precise steering responses. The hull's design merges the best features of Pro Boat models such as the Miss Geico and Blackjack 29. The canopy has four thumbscrews that secure the hatch in case of crashes.

Removable Injection-Molded Interior

Thanks to the interior's composite material, there's no need for an inner wood structure. To remove the interior, simply unbolt it for servicing.

Powerful 2000Kv 6-Pole Marine Motor

This powerful 36x56 mm motor features the same Kv as the motors of our other 29-inch boats, but offers more speed on less voltage when paired with the new stainless steel propeller included with the boat. You no longer need to run 6S power to get 6S speeds.

Adjustable Aluminum Propeller Strut

The adjustable aluminum propeller strut lets you completely tune your boat for optimal performance in changing water and wind conditions. The flat bottom on the propeller strut acts like a trim tab and makes adjustments much more precise. With the new propeller strut, even small adjustments go a long way.

Break-Away Rudder with Water Inlet

The Veles uses a break-away rudder to safeguard the rudder and transom from floating objects or in the event the boat runs on shore. The water inlet helps cool the electronics even at low speeds and increases flow with forward momentum.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 07, 2017 at 04:51 PM..
Jul 07, 2017, 07:24 PM
Such a nice looking boat! Proboat is on a roll
Jul 07, 2017, 11:56 PM
Interesting...
Jul 08, 2017, 12:01 AM
Wow, very fast, looks like the video is sped up almost
Jul 08, 2017, 08:31 PM
Jul 08, 2017, 08:33 PM
Another boat with a gawd awful color on it....Yea, Proboat is on a roll alright...unbelievable !
and this ones even better...it has a hatchback on it...windows and all.....
Jul 08, 2017, 08:42 PM
I'm calling Horizon tomorrow and just flat out asking them who the hell is designing , painting and naming these things...that is pitiful man...ten steps backwards..just pitiful looking...
Jul 08, 2017, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yort69
I'm calling Horizon tomorrow and just flat out asking them who the hell is designing , painting and naming these things...that is pitiful man...ten steps backwards..just pitiful looking...
Horizon hobby makes 500+ million a year, I'm sure that your opinion will be highly valued.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Another boat with a gawd awful color on it....Yea, Proboat is on a roll alright...unbelievable !
and this ones even better...it has a hatchback on it...windows and all.....
Leaving the color out of it, it is a great looking boat!

Quote:
That would be Mr. Rafael Lopez, why don't you send him a message saying that

What would you like it to look like? A cat can only look so many ways until they start t look similar lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
Horizon hobby makes 500+ million a year
For real?
Jul 08, 2017, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Horizon hobby makes 500+ million a year, I'm sure that your opinion will be highly valued.
Yea, well if they keep this crap up, they wont be for long..that is the ugliest damn boat i believe i have ever seen..it doesn't look scale at all...that baby poop blossom sure isn't going to make them money....and yea..if they want to sell boats my opinion will sure matter as i own six Proboats right now..they are circling the drain BIG time...who are they marketing this thing to ? Linda Blair ? mercy ! This is an improvement HOW exactly ? Maybe you could tell us all about it Apex ?
Jul 08, 2017, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Yea, well if they keep this crap up, they wont be for long..that is the ugliest damn boat i believe i have ever seen..it doesn't look scale at all...that baby poop blossom sure isn't going to make them money....and yea..if they want to sell boats my opinion will sure matter as i own six Proboats right now..they are circling the drain BIG time...who are they marketing this thing to ? Linda Blair ? mercy ! This is an improvement HOW exactly ? Maybe you could tell us all about it Apex ?
So, then don't buy it?
Jul 08, 2017, 10:29 PM
You need a nap buddy.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Leaving the color out of it, it is a great looking boat!

That would be Mr. Rafael Lopez, why don't you send him a message saying that

What would you like it to look like? A cat can only look so many ways until they start t look similar lol...

For real?
I would like it to look like a scale boat instead of a car for starters..and the baby poop green is nauseating ...it really is..Ever seen a boat with a glass hatchback on it? I sure haven't !...and Veles ? what kind of name is that anyway ? What does it even mean? Proboat sure hasn't taken a turn for the better here and i'll bet a dollar to your donut on that..I would love to see the numbers on sales with this blossom as compared to past boats....that thing is truly awful looking...unbelievable !
Jul 08, 2017, 10:35 PM
Quote:
So, then don't buy it?
I don't think you have to worry about that at all...mercy !
Jul 08, 2017, 10:41 PM
and to add insult to injury..i was just talking to a sales rep at Horizon three weeks ago asking what was going to replace the Geico and BJ boat and his answer was keep an eye out for something soon...and here we are...unbelievable !