The Blade Ultra Micro F-27 FPV BNF Basic Wing - RC Groups

The Blade Ultra Micro F-27 FPV BNF Basic Wing

Winged FPV is on the rise and opens up FPV to those pilots out there that aren't into multirotors. Check out this take on an FPV wing from the fine folks at Blade!

Splash

The Blade Ultra Micro F-27 FPV BNF Basic wing brings the excitement of FPV wing flying in a small size.

The Micro F-27 is made of lightweight Z-Foam. The airframe features impressive durability and built-in AS3X stabilization and SAFE technology for the comfort of envelope protection and self-leveling. The high-output brushless motor accepts 2S Li-Po batteries and the 150mW VTX provides crisp, clear video.. Bind-N-Fly Basic completion level means all you have to do is simply add a 2S 280mAh battery and bind it to a compatible Spektrum transmitter.

Blade UM F-27 FPV BNF Basic (4 min 42 sec)

Needed to Complete

• 4+ channel transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2/DSMX technology
  • FPV Monitor or Headset
  • 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo Flight Battery
  • 2s Balance Plug Charger Adapter, UMX to EFL
  • Suitable Charger

What's in the box?

• Blade UM F-27 FPV
  • BL180 3000Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
  • Flight Controller
  • Spektrum 150mW Video Transmitter
  • Spektrum FPV Camera
  • User Manual

Learn More

Learn more about this cool wing on the Horizon site.

Jul 07, 2017, 01:02 PM
Very nice wing. I can not wait to fly one.

RcArtie
Jul 07, 2017, 02:35 PM
Looks like a fun FPV park flyer. The only problem I see is that we will need to wait until August to fly one.
Jul 09, 2017, 12:49 AM
that's gonna leave a scar
if it has the same VTX as the Torrent....you are NOT gonna be able to fly too far !!!
Jul 09, 2017, 12:45 PM
Parkzone junkie
Is this the only thread on this plane? I for one am really excited to get one!

-Brian
Jul 31, 2017, 02:58 AM
AMA xxx6793/ NAMBA 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseng
Looks like a fun FPV park flyer. The only problem I see is that we will need to wait until August to fly one.
I like the FUN Park Flyer ( los flyer here)bit, guess I don't need to buy the goggles....
Jul 31, 2017, 12:42 PM
Nice and fun looking wing! But, and it might be just me... $170 is a little high. I would expect a wing like this to be around the $100 range based on what's out there today. Still, looks like a nice little flyer!
Jul 31, 2017, 01:07 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by moseng
Nice and fun looking wing! But, and it might be just me... $170 is a little high. I would expect a wing like this to be around the $100 range based on what's out there today. Still, looks like a nice little flyer!
Wait... You'd expect a good flying wing, camera, and vid-tx for $100?

-Brian
Aug 01, 2017, 01:06 PM
Back in stock today!
Aug 01, 2017, 08:12 PM
foamie re-cycler
Just got mine today!
Last edited by daddiozz; Aug 01, 2017 at 08:37 PM.
Aug 01, 2017, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz
Just got mine today!
Lucky. I ordered today and what's normally a one-day delivery, (I live 40 miles from HH), is now 5 days because they're apparently only in stock in their California warehouse.
Aug 03, 2017, 10:25 PM
Have fun
Explains why i got mine in a day and a half. I'm about 30-50 miles from their distribution center here.
Aug 04, 2017, 11:36 AM
Just got mine from my LHS yesterday. 3 flights, and 2 crashes. It's a fun little plane, but I miss the rudder from the original UM F-27. My E-Flite 2s 280mah packs are old and dying also, but I was able to get a few flights in around an FPV course. Only tried two gates, one successfully, one not so much. Did I mention I miss the rudder? It was a little breezy, and the F-27 was visibly getting affected by it.

First impression is that in AS3X mode (mode 2) with the manual settings (70% throw, 30% expo) is too soft and I don't trust SAFE mode, since I rolled into the ground when in mode 0 (modes 0 and 1 being SAFE mode).

I'm working on getting the video uploaded to Youtube, but I'm running into problems with my web-based video editor. I'll post it once I get past the issues.
Aug 04, 2017, 09:33 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Quote:
Originally Posted by renelu
Just got mine from my LHS yesterday. 3 flights, and 2 crashes. It's a fun little plane, but I miss the rudder from the original UM F-27. My E-Flite 2s 280mah packs are old and dying also, but I was able to get a few flights in around an FPV course. Only tried two gates, one successfully, one not so much. Did I mention I miss the rudder? It was a little breezy, and the F-27 was visibly getting affected by it.

First impression is that in AS3X mode (mode 2) with the manual settings (70% throw, 30% expo) is too soft and I don't trust SAFE mode, since I rolled into the ground when in mode 0 (modes 0 and 1 being SAFE mode).

I'm working on getting the video uploaded to Youtube, but I'm running into problems with my web-based video editor. I'll post it once I get past the issues.
do you think there is a possibility of adding the old UM F-27 rudder to this model ? I have a complete UM F-27 frame.
Aug 04, 2017, 10:08 PM
Have fun
I have one, there is no port for the fourth channel, just an x-port that probably does nothing but power. You must add an rx and two servos plus hinging and control horns. I recommend this .5 gram rx
https://www.google.com/search?q=Oran...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I have one coming tomorrow. Will be using the xport for powering the rx and servos. Will be modding ASAP to get rudders. I need my coordinated turns!