Horizon Hobby/HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE - RC Groups

Horizon Hobby/HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE

The all new Horizon Hobby/HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE has just been announced. Let's take a look at this bright yellow Trojan.

Horizon Hobby/HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE

Three Flight Modes From Beginner to Experienced

Horizon Hobby has a new T28 in their lineup, and this time it's a micro Trojan with SAFE technology built in, allowing for multiple flight modes from beginner, to intermediate, to experienced. The HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE sports a 16.8" wingspan and comes with an 8.5mm brushed motor, a 150mAh 1S LiPo, and a transmitter and charger. A bind and fly BNF version is also available for those with a Spektrum 4+ Channel DSM2/DSMX transmitter.

In beginner mode, pitch and bank angles are limited, and when the control sticks are released, the aircraft returns to level flight. In intermediate mode, bank angles are increased and the aircraft does not return to level flight if the sticks are released. In experienced mode, the pilot has total control with no pitch or bank angle limits.

The T-28 Trojan S RTF sells for $129.99 and is scheduled for availability in early August.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Horizon Hobby/HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S RTF with SAFE

CLICK HERE for the RCGroups thread already in progress.

Features:

• 100% complete and ready to fly right out of the box - nothing extra to buy or assemble!
  • Exclusive SAFE® technology from Horizon Hobby makes it easy to learn to fly
  • Panic Recovery at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
  • Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes at the flip of a switch
  • Lightweight yet durable construction perfect for first-time pilots
  • Powerful electric motor for impressive speed and climb performance
  • Full 4-channel control for training to aerobatic flight capability
  • LiPo battery and USB charger for long flight times and convenient recharging
  • 6-channel E-flite® transmitter equipped with 2.4GHz Spektrum™ DSMX® technology
  • Ultra micro size to fly in small parks, large yards and even indoors over a basketball court
  • Based on the North American Aviation aircraft that served as a military trainer for nearly 30 years
  • Highly-visible, fully-painted finish and scale trim scheme
  • Steerable nose wheel for easy ground control, takeoffs and landings
  • FPV ready using the compatible camera and headset or monitor (sold separately)

HobbyZone T-28 Trojan S with SAFE (3 min 49 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 07, 2017 at 11:16 AM..
Jul 08, 2017, 05:14 AM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
This looks like a winner!
Jul 10, 2017, 02:01 PM
AeroDan
I'm glad Hobbyzone is re-issuing this. Now, I can learn ailerons, without wrecking this one. In one instance, my altitude got so high, that when I dived the model to return to terra ferma, the Bible-page thin wings collapsed back toward the tail, and I wound up with an expensive white & day-glow red foamy mess. And now with this new issue, with the AS3X & SAFE features, it might just last longer than 4 flights. 👍
Last edited by Bell47G2; Jul 10, 2017 at 07:36 PM.
Jul 20, 2017, 02:40 AM
1s brushed, fail!
Jul 20, 2017, 07:43 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack1
1s brushed, fail!
I seriously doubt it's underpowered, based on other umx brushed offerings. Why do you consider it a fail?
Jul 20, 2017, 07:59 AM
Perpetual Noob
Quote:
1s brushed, fail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
I seriously doubt it's underpowered, based on other umx brushed offerings. Why do you consider it a fail?
i think its just sour grapes because he wanted a 2S.
Jul 20, 2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
You do know take alot of umx are 2s right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar31
i think its just sour grapes because he wanted a 2S.
Ive got more of those batts and you have to admit a brushed motor on 1s is like a yugo.
Enjoy
Jul 20, 2017, 12:02 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
You do know take alot of umx are 2s right?

Ive got more of those batts and you have to admit a brushed motor on 1s is like a yugo.
Enjoy
Yes, the 2s umx planes are larger, requiring the extra voltage and brushless. This little guy is smaller.
Jul 20, 2017, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Yes, the 2s umx planes are larger, requiring the extra voltage and brushless. This little guy is smaller.
Thanks Matt cool of you to post here!
Only experience with 1s is the umx PT-17 which I cant stand and the Inductrix which is ok, but prone to breaking the airframe.
Looking to replace my Hobby zone original grey T-28 but not with this
Maybe the new PT 17 1.1 M might be a nice choice
Last edited by Shack1; Jul 20, 2017 at 02:29 PM.
Jul 20, 2017, 10:16 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
Shack,
The 1s planes are nice. I still have a Champ and cub that are 1s and are great fun for small spaces on nice days.
Jul 30, 2017, 05:52 PM
AeroDan
Just put one on Layaway today. Hopefully, this one will last longer than the last one I had.🇺🇸
Jul 30, 2017, 09:37 PM
Looks like a relatively no interest in a 1s brushed motor plane LOL

11 posts in one month, looks like the marketing guys blew it on this one
Jul 30, 2017, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Just put one on Layaway today. Hopefully, this one will last longer than the last one I had.🇺🇸
Should have waited for the discount sale when they figure out these aren't selling
Jul 30, 2017, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Enjoy

Almost all T-28's fly good & I'm pretty sure this 1 cell T-28 will do just fine.
The bigger planes, with more power will always be there if you decide to go further with this fun hobby.

Happy flying
Jul 30, 2017, 10:04 PM
Bell47G2

Are you the "Daniel" that started flying with the little Champ at the field where the QVC warehouse is now ?