Jul 07, 2017, 07:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Evolution 15cc Spark Plug Cap Lock

A few weeks ago I plugged in the spark cap into the Evo 15cc, however, I needed to do some work on the engine and now that I plugged the cap back, I noticed it has a minor play after the "locking" notch. I don't remember being loose after it was locked in place.

If I keep turning counter-clockwise, it feels there's a notch and then you are able to plug it out. However, as you can see below, it's kinda loose after it's locked. Is this normal? anybody else has this issue? or do I need a new cap/ignition? Thanks.

VID 20170707 065153 (0 min 24 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2017, 11:55 AM
Closed Account
They do loosen a bit up over use, but that seems a bit loose to me.

Mine all need at least a bit of depressing before they let themselves unlock. Some a lot, some a little, but Always some....
Jul 07, 2017, 12:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967
They do loosen a bit up over use, but that seems a bit loose to me.

Mine all need at least a bit of depressing before they let themselves unlock. Some a lot, some a little, but Always some....
I haven't flown this plane yet, so the ignition/engine is new. Currently the notch offers minimal resistance. I was looking for a replacement cap but it appears they don't sell the cap only, just the whole ignition.
Jul 07, 2017, 12:10 PM
Closed Account
Oh, they sell that cap separately allright.... maybe not at Evo or Horizon Hobby, but they are just RcExl caps, and you can easily find them for example on Ebay.
Jul 07, 2017, 01:29 PM
Your drip, not my problem
This is the go-to guy for anything ignition related. He sell RcExel as well as the excellent CH CDI systems. https://www.ch-ignitions.com/

Adrian is the name and he supports all parts and materials for the systems as well.

Quick Reply