Jul 06, 2017, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
New Product

FrSky G-RX8 receiver Free Test!

Information Update (20170804):
Hello everyone, we have chosen the free testers and we will inform you as soon as possible. Please leave me your detail information through the email. Then you will receive the parcel in following days. Thank you for joining us.

Information Update (20170725):
We apologize to everyone who actively participates in this event, due to the problems of this receiver, we still need some time to improve the firmware. So the event will be delayed to the initial of August, please be patient and we will update the information in time. Thanks for your understanding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

A new FrSky multi-function receiver G-RX8 is coming soon. This receiver support redundant function and the channel up to 16. A variometer sensor is integrated with this receiver, and support the altimeter function as well.

Dimension: 55.26mm * 17mm *8mm (L*W*H)
Antenna Lenth: 110mm
Weight: 5.8g

FrSky wants to invite Glider and F3J/F5J class pilots to review this product and give us the feedback. Just leave your detail information here if you have time to help us review the products and post your reviews here.

We will contact the testers if you are chosen. Look forward to your feedbacks!

Application Data: 7.July.2017 - 14.July.2017

Name: G-RX8.jpg
Views: 237
Size: 243.1 KB
Description:
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Aug 04, 2017 at 04:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2017, 03:01 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
I wouldn't mind free stuff.
I fly gliders, but no more on competitions. I ended with competitions in 2010, before I was flying rocket gliders on two world championships, and 3 seasons in world cups. In 2008 I finished 8. In overall placing in S8E/p category, was also Slovenian national champion, once 2. and once 3. on nationals. Also won one world cup in that category and few podiums on world cups.
I'm building rockets, planes, drones for more than 28 years.
You can check my webpage for more details: http://www.kads-world.com/KADS_World/Welcome.html

P.S.: I'm just thinking to buy vario for my glider, but all in one with rx would be even grater. I own frsky horus.

Best regards,
Kristjan
Last edited by kristjane; Jul 10, 2017 at 01:46 AM.
Jul 07, 2017, 03:31 AM
I fly only gliders, both electric and thermal so this RX sounds like something that I would definitely use/ buy, so I would love to do a review on it, I am based in the UK and currently use a Horus TX.
Jul 07, 2017, 03:58 AM
This looks really interesting.

For those already flying Frsky, how do you find the standard X6R and X8R? i haven't heard many great things about them, certainly not as good as the smaller 4ch rx's and the XM line for the quads, which seems the side of the hobby that Frsky has tied up and is the go to brand?.

After what i have read about the X8R, would you put one in your F3J/F5J/ALES ship?
Jul 07, 2017, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
This looks really interesting.

For those already flying Frsky, how do you find the standard X6R and X8R? i haven't heard many great things about them, certainly not as good as the smaller 4ch rx's and the XM line for the quads, which seems the side of the hobby that Frsky has tied up and is the go to brand?.

After what i have read about the X8R, would you put one in your F3J/F5J/ALES ship?
Already using the X8R's in all my gliders, as well as half my club with no issues at all
Jul 07, 2017, 04:17 AM
Awesome, thanks mate! =)
Jul 07, 2017, 05:35 AM
I will be happy to test this receiver in my f5j glider. I also have external variometer and i can compare these two.
Jul 07, 2017, 05:51 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
The benchmark is presumably the openXsensor vario. I can compare them, if desired.
Jul 07, 2017, 12:38 PM
Hello,

I´m also very interessted. Fly many stripped X8R and X6R with Vario in my Gliders, most Full-GFK and CFK F3J/F5J and F3B. I take part at OLC Contests and would be happy to test the all new glider Receiver. I own 2x Horus and 1x Taranis.

Interesting design with 3x Servo for Elevator/Rudder and motor in front and the other at the rear side + vario and the possibillity to connect a slave receiver - thanks. I hope there is a A2 connector for the batterie?

Norbert
Last edited by Norbert1; Jul 07, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Jul 09, 2017, 09:37 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Looks like the same S.Port plug as the X4R's, which has an A2 input.
Jul 09, 2017, 05:03 PM
I would be glad to test it and report back.

Currently use frsky x4r with the standard vario and do suffer intemittant low rssi warnings above 1000ft.
Jul 09, 2017, 05:44 PM
Perfect for my Sailplanes.
Jul 10, 2017, 09:15 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Anyways, I'm another glider guider who would love to try one of these out. In fact I have a classic Graupner Cirrus with a D8R-Plus which would be perfect for this.
Jul 12, 2017, 03:34 AM
Hello!

I'm F5J competition pilot. With my brother we have won over 50 F5J competitions so far. Last year we got 2.nd place in world championship. We would like to test out this receiver on my F5J plane! I have both XJT module and Taranis Transmitter - I can test with either option. I have plane ready to test it out! I also have youtube channel with ~3.000.000 views.

Best regards,
Jure Korber
Last edited by JKSniper; Jul 12, 2017 at 03:41 AM.
Jul 12, 2017, 04:48 AM
most exalted one
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSniper
Hello!

I'm F5J competition pilot. With my brother we have won over 50 F5J competitions so far. Last year we got 2.nd place in world championship. We would like to test out this receiver on my F5J plane! I have both XJT module and Taranis Transmitter - I can test with either option. I have plane ready to test it out! I also have youtube channel with ~3.000.000 views.

Best regards,
Jure Korber
Yes, but what makes you think you are qualified??!!

Quick Reply