Vector Deflecting Ailerons Full Right - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 06, 2017, 07:52 PM
Registered User
Help!

Vector Deflecting Ailerons Full Right


I've been setting up a vector inside a new stratosurfer, and I've run into an issue where once the vector initializes, it will deflect the ailerons full right roll.

I've got no mixing going on in the controller, outside limiting throws to around 66% (suggested in the stratosurfer manual, this does affect how far the vector tries the deflect the ailerons.) The Ailerons are controlled with a single output from the Aileron channel through a y-splitter. Looking at the RC input through the PC interface shows the input coming in around 1490. I also tested the servos through an external tester and they were roughly level at around 1500 input.

I've attempted everything up through a factory reset without any luck. I did try duplicating the aileron output on one of the aux channels and got the same result.

At this point I can only assume that the vector thinks the neutral position of my aileron channel is around 900, and I'm not sure how to change it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by TheBabelFish; Jul 07, 2017 at 12:14 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2017, 06:53 AM
Registered User
Strotosurfer is a flying wing I think. If you've got the ailerons connected to a Y splitter how do the ailerons (Elevons) give you pitch control?

You need to read the manual and connect one of the elevons to the elevator channel.

Geoff.
Jul 07, 2017, 07:37 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Strotosurfer is a flying wing I think. If you've got the ailerons connected to a Y splitter how do the ailerons (Elevons) give you pitch control?

You need to read the manual and connect one of the elevons to the elevator channel.

Geoff.
A Stratosurfer is a 4 channel plane. Google is your friend, if you don't otherwise know.
Jul 08, 2017, 05:18 AM
Registered User
As an update, I tried a second vector, and a second RC receiver in the plane, as well as testing with some ES08MAII servos I had lying around, but I'm still having the same issues. I can only assume I'm missing something in the configuration, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.
Last edited by TheBabelFish; Jul 08, 2017 at 08:31 AM.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:07 AM
Registered User
Hi Babelfish,
Have you actually run the Receiver analysis wizard yet?
It is necessary.

@Rups63 Sorry I missed the constructive input you offered to babelfish, what was it?
Jul 08, 2017, 01:43 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
@Rups63 Sorry I missed the constructive input you offered to babelfish, what was it?
You'll note that my reply was to you, not babelfish (in case you missed that part).

The constructive input, to you, was to use Google so you don't look foolish saying things that just aren't so.
Jul 08, 2017, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Hi Babelfish,
Have you actually run the Receiver analysis wizard yet?
It is necessary.
Yes. It's the second thing done after selecting airframe type.

Here's a picture of the telemetry of me quickly starting the system, putting in maximum left and right aileron input, then pulling the battery. For some reason the vector is outputting way lower on the aileron channel than all the others.
Jul 08, 2017, 05:19 PM
Registered User
I found out the issue. I'd bound a flaps channel in the vector by accident. Once I removed that, the ailerons behave as expected (well, they're currently backwards, but they're deflecting properly for being backwards)
Last edited by TheBabelFish; Jul 08, 2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2017, 11:13 AM
garris2
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while garris2 edits it.
Jul 09, 2017, 12:05 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
Strotosurfer is a flying wing I think. If you've got the ailerons connected to a Y splitter how do the ailerons (Elevons) give you pitch control?

You need to read the manual and connect one of the elevons to the elevator channel.

Geoff.
This response was uninformed and unhelpful. If you had educated yourself as to the type of airframe being inquired upon, you wouldn't have had to make yourself look foolish. If I had pointed out your error in a PM or on the thread, anyone who knows better would still have seen your uninformed post.

I try not to post about things I'm not knowledgeable of, or if I want to, I educate myself first.

I apologize that your feelings were hurt, and because of that you now feel the need to defend your honour and call me a nasty person because you didn't know any better... because that's somehow my fault...

How's the old saying go... better to keep your mouth quiet and let others think you a fool, rather than open your mouth and confirm what they think?

Something like that.
Jul 10, 2017, 12:01 AM
Registered User
So you've gone and proved what I said by reporting the post. I'll happily take the points to see the post stand.
Your not my mother and I don't need you looking out for me.
As I said if you really cared you could have politely pm'ed me and I might have changed the post.
Instead you chose to take the opportunity to really try to make somebody look foolish.
That goes to your character.
My original post to babelfish may have been wrong but it was not malicious.
Yours was and your reporting of my post is further evidence of that.
Jul 10, 2017, 06:58 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
So you've gone and proved what I said by reporting the post. I'll happily take the points to see the post stand.
Your not my mother and I don't need you looking out for me.
As I said if you really cared you could have politely pm'ed me and I might have changed the post.
Instead you chose to take the opportunity to really try to make somebody look foolish.
That goes to your character.
My original post to babelfish may have been wrong but it was not malicious.
Yours was and your reporting of my post is further evidence of that.
If you say so. You just feel like arguing, and you're no longer worth my time.
Jul 10, 2017, 09:37 AM
Registered User
Yes that's what I say.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Guardian deflects roll full right when turned on 2D huju Eagle Tree Systems 0 Apr 02, 2017 08:01 PM
Discussion Do these ailerons look right? zirconx Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10 Mar 25, 2017 06:12 PM
Question Losi Trekker 1/24 turns full right when full throttle finguz Rock Crawlers 5 Sep 10, 2016 04:23 PM
Discussion Does 14" flaps with 18" ailerons sound about right? G.F. Beurling Electric Plane Talk 5 Oct 29, 2015 12:33 PM
Discussion HELP!!! Ailerons go to full deflection when connecting battery ChiTownFlyer Electric Plane Talk 12 Jan 12, 2014 01:45 PM