Jul 10, 2017, 09:57 PM
Tip Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schugy
Heavy new bird, it's like flying the old non-SAFE one with a ~300mAh battery all the time. Maybe it's better to swap the brick and sell the new one to the SAFE addicted mates.
Sounds like a dig to those of us who like safe as a back up if you lose control to avoid a costly crash. Happens to the best of RC pilots. I wish my Pitts had safe.
There is nothing wrong with having a bail out button rather than destroy a model. You can set it to different levels of assist.

If you dont like it dont use it or DONT BUY IT but dont bitch about it and dont put other people down who like it.
Last edited by DENSRC63; Jul 11, 2017 at 11:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2017, 11:41 PM
As this is marketed as a good entry level "teach yourself to fly" plane, SAFE makes a lot of sense! I used a Sport Cub S to teach my son to fly. SAFE was a huge tool in allowing him to fly and have FUN while doing it. He has gradually worked his way through intermediate and experienced mode. SAFE gave him the confidence necessary to try this hobby.

I will probably buy this umx T-28. I missed out on the original, so am thrilled to have another shot at it. I like that it has SAFE as I can bring friends to the field & let them fly instead of just watching. If I don't want the SAFE feature I'll just turn it off. I'm very pleased at the price point of this one as the SCS with SAFE was more expensive than this T-28!
Jul 11, 2017, 08:26 AM
Another dozen, very enjoyable flights at sunrise on my AS3X-modded Trojan. I just enjoy the "heck" out of this little bird with the little LEDs glowing in the dawn light, as I do some low flybys, some figure eights, and then touch-and-goes. It's just SO sweet to see this tiny little critter come in for a smooth landing, then gun it for a smooth take-off, all off of a small cul-de-sac. A few small gusts this morning, so it was nice to have the AS3X smooth things out. I could see the wings rock a little to correct and probably would have hung it up early, if not for the AS3X. I'm looking forward to the SAFE as a "bail-out" option for when I get into a trouble with pushing the envelope to see how much wind she'll take. If I get flipped and disoriented, we'll see what the SAFE can do. You guys should love the new little Trojan.
Jul 11, 2017, 12:09 PM
Tip Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
The more powerful longer-can motors deserve better than the tired old 150mah 25C battery that HobbyZone is including in their offer!!!

My battery of choice is the E-Flite 150mah 45C battery. You'll find a noticeable power jump using that high C powerhouse with those motors.

Gene K
+1 Agree 45C is the way to go.
Jul 13, 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENSRC63
Sounds like a dig to those of us who like safe as a back up if you lose control to avoid a costly crash. Happens to the best of RC pilots. I wish my Pitts had safe.
There is nothing wrong with having a bail out button rather than destroy a model. You can set it to different levels of assist.

If you dont like it dont use it or DONT BUY IT but dont bitch about it and dont put other people down who like it.
I completely agree !
Jul 13, 2017, 09:45 AM
Quote:
+1 Agree 45C is the way to go.
How about 50C? I just received a couple of the G5 160s and some of the 240s from Allerc.com

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g5-50...r-p-11655.html

$3.30

The Hyperion G3 160s I've been using are still going strong but it's always good to have more.
Jul 13, 2017, 10:08 AM
Tip Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
How about 50C? I just received a couple of the G5 160s and some of the 240s from Allerc.com

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g5-50...r-p-11655.html

$3.30

The Hyperion G3 160s I've been using are still going strong but it's always good to have more.
Sounds like nice batteries will have to check them out.
How many min of flight time are you getting on a 1S plane?
Jul 13, 2017, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Sounds like nice batteries will have to check them out.
How many min of flight time are you getting on a 1S plane?
I really love the Hyperions. I've been using the last generation Hyperion 3G 160 1s'ers for years on my UMX Radian, Night Vapor, and the UMX T-28 with great success. They're very reliable and last a long time. I can get just over 6 minutes, at an average half-throttle setting, for my AS3X-modded T-28, with Tiny Brite Light LEDs, with about 20% capacity remaining on the 3G 160 lipo.

Also, Allerc.com is a great source. Fast processing and delivery.
Jul 13, 2017, 11:58 AM
Tip Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
I really love the Hyperions. I've been using the last generation Hyperion 3G 160 1s'ers for years on my UMX Radian, Night Vapor, and the UMX T-28 with great success. They're very reliable and last a long time. I can get just over 6 minutes, at an average half-throttle setting, for my AS3X-modded T-28, with Tiny Brite Light LEDs, with about 20% capacity remaining on the 3G 160 lipo.

Also, Allerc.com is a great source. Fast processing and delivery.
Well their shipping is completely insane. Got this reply from them:

We do ship batteries to Canada. Please place your order and we will let
you know the actual shipping cost (the shipping cost appearing on the
order will not be correct) as there are new Federal regulations that
restrict the ability to ship batteries. For example-- if you choose 2-3
day delivery there is a charge of $25.00 plus a $90.00 Haz Mat fee, plus
you will have to pay import duty tax, in addition a maximum of 2
batteries per order. So if you order 5 batteries it is $25 x 3, plus
$90 x 3, plus cost of import duties x 3. Ground shipping is $25 and
takes around 2-3 weeks.

I order batteries from USA all the time no Haz Mat fee $90 ???? ect
It would cost $250 shipping alone for 4 batteries 1S size Its the most insane crazy shipping cost I have gotten on anything ever!! .

Know anyone who sells them that isn't from another planet.
Jul 13, 2017, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Well their shipping is completely insane. Got this reply from them:

We do ship batteries to Canada. Please place your order and we will let
you know the actual shipping cost (the shipping cost appearing on the
order will not be correct) as there are new Federal regulations that
restrict the ability to ship batteries. For example-- if you choose 2-3
day delivery there is a charge of $25.00 plus a $90.00 Haz Mat fee, plus
you will have to pay import duty tax, in addition a maximum of 2
batteries per order. So if you order 5 batteries it is $25 x 3, plus
$90 x 3, plus cost of import duties x 3. Ground shipping is $25 and
takes around 2-3 weeks.

I order batteries from USA all the time no Haz Mat fee $90 ???? ect
It would cost $250 shipping alone for 4 batteries 1S size Its the most insane crazy shipping cost I have gotten on anything ever!! .

Know anyone who sells them that isn't from another planet.
Whoops! Looks like a shipping problem to Canada. My shipping cost within the U.S. for the order I just received was:

Flat Rate (Shipping to Texas, United States ): $5.49

From the Hyperion site http://www.hyperion-world.com/en/ , it looks like this supplier is in Canada:

http://www.robotshop.com/en/services/sales-support

Good luck!
Jul 13, 2017, 03:46 PM

Charsoon 3.7V 250mAh 1S 30C/60C Lipo Battery

These are the ones I've been using and they work great! I've clocked just over 16 minutes on my stock UM T-28 using my DX9 at half throttle...low and slow! $4.29/each or they work out to be $3.40/each if you buy 5 at a time...

***EDIT - Just noticed they're out of stock but these are good lipos***
Or they're cheaper for $3.40/each if you buy 5...
Last edited by Nickerz; Jul 13, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
Jul 13, 2017, 05:19 PM
Just pre-ordered. IT'S YELLOW!!
Jul 14, 2017, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akozols
Just pre-ordered. IT'S YELLOW!!
Absolutely. Got to have yellow.

Coldplay - Yellow (4 min 33 sec)
Last edited by DaveG; Jul 14, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
Jul 14, 2017, 10:27 AM
Tip Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz
These are the ones I've been using and they work great! I've clocked just over 16 minutes on my stock UM T-28 using my DX9 at half throttle...low and slow! $4.29/each or they work out to be $3.40/each if you buy 5 at a time...

***EDIT - Just noticed they're out of stock but these are good lipos***
Or they're cheaper for $3.40/each if you buy 5...
Thanks for the info

How do they fit in the battery bay? Is it a snug fit or room to spare? I see they are 54mm long the stock150ma 45c Eflite are 37.5 mm long

EFLITE 37.5MM X 12.2MM X 5.5MM ......... 4.15 GRAMS
CHARS 54MM X 11MM X 7MM .......... 7 GRAMS
HYPER 43MM X 11.1MM X 6MM .......... 4.55 GRAMS
Last edited by DENSRC63; Jul 14, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
Jul 14, 2017, 11:51 AM
Is this T-28 the exact same mould as the original UM T-28?
It looks the same.

Tommy

Quick Reply