Jul 07, 2017, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz
... it might be a little difficult to get this new one past the wifey... "but babe, it's yellow" (not sure that's gonna work) -LOL!...
Ha! Yeah, you'll probably get a blank stare, at best, if you tell her "but babe, it has AS3X!" but the "but babe, it's yellow!" may have a slight chance if you say it's like new shoes. Good luck!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2017, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaZoom
... so many people who have the former version enjoy them for simple scale flying at the beginning or end of a day. Lightweight and low speed makes for a plane that can last a while.
Exactly. I've got a collection of brushless planes but the light weight and low speed also make for a little bird that will always bring a smile to my face, especially for the dusk and dawn missions. When it's dead calm, especially at night, I still break out my Night Vapor for some low-wind, low-speed fun and the great thing is I can enjoy it virtually anywhere. Not everything has to be "Fast and Furious."
Jul 07, 2017, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benz11
So do I! I just commented in the old T-28 thread how I love it but wished it had AS3X... and here it is! I hope the extra weight doesn't detract from the original's slow-flight abilities...
The HH site says the new, yellow T-28 has a flight weight of 47 oz. which is a dead-on match for the flight weight of my modded-original T-28, with an AS3X Corsair receiver, longer-can motor, and an AS3X-compatible aileron servo. My modded original T-28 flight weight of 47 oz. includes the landing gear and a 160Mah Hyperion lipo. It's been flying fantastically for me and the new, yellow T-28 sure looks good in the HH videos, very similar to my comparably modded Trojan. Plus, she'll still virtually float by you on low-and-slows.
Jul 07, 2017, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
The HH site says the new, yellow T-28 has a flight weight of 47 oz. which is a dead-on match for the flight weight of my modded-original T-28, with an AS3X Corsair receiver, longer-can motor, and an AS3X-compatible aileron servo. My modded original T-28 flight weight of 47 oz. includes the landing gear and a 160Mah Hyperion lipo. It's been flying fantastically for me and the new, yellow T-28 sure looks good in the HH videos, very similar to my comparably modded Trojan. Plus, she'll still virtually float by you on low-and-slows.
This is great news Dave!
Jul 07, 2017, 12:45 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
I'm guessing the paint accounts for most of the weight increase.
Jul 07, 2017, 06:55 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Would like to know if Dacaur's stagility mode will work on this T28 like it does on the Sport Cub S?
Gary
Jul 08, 2017, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Would like to know if Dacaur's stagility mode will work on this T28 like it does on the Sport Cub S?
Gary
Gary I just had a read of what Dacaur's stagility mode does; it seems like a super-charged version of beginner mode. I think it's a great programming achievement, but feel it would be confusing to an experienced pilot and may be setting up new pilots for learning bad habits as well. Have you used it? What do you think of it?
Jul 08, 2017, 11:09 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
benz11,
I have it on my Sport Cub S and it works fine. It is on a switch so you can disable if you wish. On windy days when flying this small, light plane it can really assist while still allowing maximum control throws. Give it a try you might like it.
Gary
PS: I really like it!
Jul 08, 2017, 01:58 PM
I went ahead and put an order in for the new Trojan. I like the feature in the experienced mode where you can still hit the panic mode to recover. It should come in handy when pushing the limits in the wind. OK, I'll confess, I'm really getting it because it's yellow.
Jul 08, 2017, 04:36 PM

RTF Price??

HH, Nicely done!

What is the price and availability of the RTF version w/TX?
(seems only the BNF is on the link...)

Will be gifting a few of these to some friends - I noticed the 3B prop is only 8mm less than the WC prop.
Very cool!

Best,

Stiffler
Jul 08, 2017, 05:01 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Try this with your new Trojan or a Sport Cub S.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ads-anymore%21

Gary
Jul 08, 2017, 09:37 PM
Orlando FL
I have been wanting to try one of these little planes for a long time, I have the perfect area to fly too. This goes on my November black Friday want list.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:34 PM
Quads & Planes, cant beat them
This just jumped to the front of the want next list.
Jul 08, 2017, 10:49 PM
Orlando FL
requested info below
Jul 09, 2017, 11:08 AM
I'm really glad they stayed 1s. They need at least a couple 1s planes in the fleet. I'd enjoy this also as a 2s plane but only if they kept the 1s around too. I wasn't planning any more 1s purchases but this setup will sway me.

Quick Reply