Oct 09, 2019, 11:14 AM
AeroDan
I used to have one of these, but the motor-life was relatively short. Didn’t replace it. Kept the MLP6DSM Tx., prop, & landing gear, though.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 09, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2019, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5
The risk is simply that your R/W T-28 aileron servo (with the shorter motor length, and no ball bearings) may over heat and freeze, or get imprecise over time .
This makes sense - leaving the original short throw aileron servo in while replacing the Rx with the new SAFE Rx that is designed for a long throw servo could cause problems. Conversion to long throw looks so simple that it won't be that much fun.
Oct 13, 2019, 04:58 PM
I have over 100 flights on several of my 1s brushed planes. Only had to replace ONE motor,and that was on a Sport Cub with 89 flights on it.
Oct 14, 2019, 01:36 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
I've had to replace the 1s brushed motors both on my UM T-28 (ver. 1) and on my Sport Cub S. I technically have to again on my T-28 (making it the 3rd time) but I spray it with Electrical Cleaner and it usually is good to go but it's on it's last leg...
Oct 15, 2019, 08:30 AM
Formerly Yellow Baron
I've had good luck with running the motors up at half throttle for a full battery while oiling the motor with sewing machine oil, then do the same at full throttle.

The motors also seem to need to be "clocked", if you will. I've found that by twisting the motor in the gear box it will spin freer at certain angles than at others. I'm guessing the motor shaft is ever so slightly off center, just enough to add a bit of drag on the gears.
Oct 16, 2019, 07:36 PM
Yep!...I've noticed that Fred, and I "clocked" the replacement motor in my Sport Cub!
Dec 22, 2019, 11:54 PM
just checking in to see if they released the brushless 2S version of an awesome micro yet

Dec 23, 2019, 07:43 AM
I have a problem with that the elevator servo just stops working.
If you push on the control rod it can start to work again.

I have disassembled and cleaned and lubricated (contact cleaner) this servo on the mainboard.
But same problem.
If it stops i can just touch the motor pinion on the servo and it starts to work again.

Anyone has a thought about this?
Do i need to replace the whole brick?

I see that you can replace the "Servo mechanics"
https://www.horizonhobby.de/SearchDi...u-de&pageView=

If you think it is the motor that is bad, which one is it?
Dec 24, 2019, 07:28 AM
Way to much free time!
It reads as if there is either:
1) a bit of debris in the servo gears causing too much friction in one spot, or
2) The servo motor armature has formed a dead spot causing it not to self start at times.

Easy enough to check #1 by turning the servo gears by hand and feeling for resistance (powered off naturally). #2 requires a new motor which could be salvaged from another linear servo by Spektrum.

Good luck!
Dec 24, 2019, 08:38 AM
If you turn by hand it feels easy to rotate everywhere.
When it stops it can be in any position.
So it seems most likely to be the servomotor.

I dont have any laying around.

Anyone knows which of the "Servo mechanics" that is the same (as in my previuos post)
Jul 30, 2020, 05:50 PM

Question on previous version UM T-28

Going to dig up an old thread and hope for the best.

To add as3x to the previous version t-28 is it just a matter of swapping the older brick for a the newer brick with as3x?
Jul 30, 2020, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickma
Going to dig up an old thread and hope for the best.

To add as3x to the previous version t-28 is it just a matter of swapping the older brick for a the newer brick with as3x?
Almost. You also need to swap out the aileron servo for the long-throw version.
Jul 30, 2020, 08:31 PM
Thanks Alset...easy enough. Does it fly ok with the 2 blade prop/motor combo? I see the newer version has a 3 blade prop and looks like the motor is a different part number.
Jul 30, 2020, 09:23 PM
Just Plane Nutts
You may need to reprogram the AS3X parameters of the receiver using the SPMA3060 USB connector, depending on receiver mounting orientation (vertical or horizontal).

You may also need to reverse the AS3X gyro assist on one or more channels. When I installed one in my Park Zone Sukhoi I had to plug it into my PC and reverse the rudder gyro parameter. Reversing is done by changing the existing GAIN parameter from a positive number to a negative one or visa-versa.

Now AS3X moves my rudder left to counter motion when the tail swings left, as it should.

Program screen example: "STATE" = current receiver programming

Also note SOME receivers are not programmable and must be mounted in a specific orientation and use a specific servo direction. The (1S) AS6410L from the PT-17 Stearman is programmable. So are the (2S) AS6410NBL and EFLUY4864 receivers with brushless ESCs.

Reversing servos in the TX does not reverse AS3X gyro assist.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Jul 30, 2020 at 09:34 PM.
Jul 30, 2020, 11:28 PM
Thanks AirD, great info.

Quick Reply