Oct 03, 2019, 04:44 AM
I'm using a Torque 2814T 820 KV motor with a 13x4 Bone prop from HK. On my Edge I'm using a Sunnysky X2820 V3 860KV motor with the same prop. The Sunnysky has a bit more power and quality wise is just as good if not better than the Torque. I'm using the Torque because I already had that left from an Extreme Flight 48" MXS, and it is a really excellent motor with good power.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2019, 05:25 AM
Still flying the Slick, at least half a dozen flights every weekday. I've always been more of an Edge guy, and I still love my Edge a lot. But the Slick has taken over as my daily flyer. It's just such an all around great flying plane. It cuts the wind way better than the Edge, flies pattern good, 3D's good and just suits my style of flying so well. On the calm days the Edge is still more fun than the law should allow, but the Slick does just as well and outshines the Edge on the breezy days. Now I'm thinking about a Lazer, if I can get one here in the US without paying the ridiculous shipping from China. Compared to when I first started buying the Skywing planes about eight years ago the shipping charges have doubled and the basic airframe cost has gone up about 30-40% and that makes it harder for me to afford it. I'm going to call NorthwestRC on Monday and request they add som Lazers to there next order. Hopefully they will do it and maybe a good winter project for me.
Nov 08, 2019, 01:35 AM
How is everyone finding the finish on these planes?? Mine performs amazing but its getting terrible hanger rash even though i'm being as careful as I can, it just isn't holding up. Thinking of spraying some clear over the high wear areas to try and keep it looking half good.
Nov 09, 2019, 06:49 AM
I have noticed a little wear, but not enough to bother me. I guess a little wear and tear on the finish for me isn't anything I pay much attention to. As long as I can tell the top from the bottom and it flies the way I like its all good. I toss mine around in my car with other planes jammed on top or around it and it's only picked up a couple of scratches and rub marks which I would expect considering how I treat it.

Quick Reply