Turnigy I10 Relay Switch Success - RC Groups
Jul 05, 2017, 06:16 PM
Discussion

Turnigy I10 Relay Switch Success

Has anyone had any success using a Turnigy relay switch with a Turnigy i10 Transceiver. I am new to this hobby but can't for the life of me find any info on using a Turnigy relay switch with one of their i10 digital transceivers. I need the relay to control an ignition switch. Please if you've and any success with Turnigy or another brand please let me know.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2017, 06:34 AM
No bounce, No play.
If it is the relay I am thinking of you just plug it in to one of your Rx channels and it will turn on or off any item within it's current capability.

For ignition though, I would use one of the Opto-Isolated kill switches meant for the job.
Jul 12, 2017, 08:29 AM
Well it's actually used to control a spark coil on a pulse jet engine during the engine ignition phase (while on the ground). Once the engine is running the spark circuit is to be shut off via SWC toggle switch on the radio. Engine can be seen running at:

Thermojet Pulse Jet with Faux Afterburner (1 min 55 sec)

Currently I'm using the built in Delta Wing model's "spoiler" function (ch8 on the receiver) using toggle switch SWC to give me the on/off function. If I put a regular servo on ch8 of the receiver and toggle SWC, the servo engages either full clockwise (on) or full counter-clockwise (off) as it should.

I have a 150 ohm resistor wired up to the receiver battery (I'm not using a secondary supply source at this time), through the switch, and back out to the negative lead of the supply source. I have a volt meter across the resistor leads. If I plug the relay switch into ch8 and toggle SWC back and forth, it does nothing. No voltage is seen across the resistor load in either position.

The info sheet on the switch is useless, as it just shows wiring and jumper settings. The TGY-i10 radio manual is equally useless. Their website www.turnigy.com is useless. It doesn't even show the i10 radio so they might as well take it down.

The info sheet lists the #1 feature as: Works with any radio system...

Really???

Yeah, I'm frustrated.
Jul 12, 2017, 09:30 AM
No bounce, No play.
You may need to do the diode mod to drop the voltage supply to the processor.

https://hobbyking.com/media/file/226...X532574X19.jpg

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post37125500
Jul 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
Hey David,

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check into those as I would still like to get this switch I paid for operational. What I ended doing is hacking a regular servo to get on/off capability.

Name: servo-hack.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 215.8 KB
Description: servo-hack

I followed a thread somewhere and replaced the servo control pot with a couple of 1.5K resistors. I also added in a diode to keep the circuit unidirectional. The pic still shows the motor attached, but it will be replaced by a hefty protected mosfet that will in turn control the ignition coil. Cheesy, but it works.

Thanks again man.

-spoon