FOXTECH GAIA 160-Agriculture(AG) 23L Tank Hexacopter - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

FOXTECH GAIA 160-Agriculture(AG) 23L Tank Hexacopter

Check out this new cropdusting heavy lifter multirotor from Foxtech.

Splash

Foxtech AG Drone

Foxtech has been creating agriculture and heavy lifting drones for a while. The FOXTECH GAIA 160-Agriculture(AG) 23L Tank Hexacopter is suitable for lifting heavy loads and can work in the rain. The , Gaia 160-AG has a specially designed 23L tank, a powerful pump and several nozzles attached.

Agriculture Drone丨GAIA 160-AG 23 L Tank 丨Pesticide Spraying UAV (3 min 42 sec)

GAIA 160-AG loads a 23L tank and its max flying weight is up to 50kg which ensure long spray time and larger area coverage in the same operation hours. During all the flight and spray tests, with a fully loaded 23 L tank, Foxtech achieved 18 minutes spray and flight time, around 5ac(20,000 m2) spray area in one take-off only.

Features

• Max flying weight is up to 50kg
  • The frame is 7.5kg with tank, and 5kg without it
  • Arm tube is 560mm length and 75mm(thickness part) in diameter
  • Space for 4x16000mah batteries on the central plate
  • Tank capacity is 23L

Power System

Spray and Performance

Flight Control

Learn More

Click on the link to visit the Foxtech site to learn more about this heavy lifter.

Jul 05, 2017, 10:42 PM
You should talk about part 137 requirements for spraying hazmat liquids as well
Jul 06, 2017, 06:11 AM
FPV Buyer
23L Tank , Wowwww
Jul 06, 2017, 10:30 AM
AA6JB
Showing two in stock, at a price of $1,000,000.00 each?!
Latest blog entry: 2017 Reno Air Races
Jul 06, 2017, 11:30 AM
Can't have just one, you need to have a back up too. There's certainly a lot (300%+) of profit margin for Foxtech in this one.
Jul 06, 2017, 12:22 PM
....$1,000,000 for this thing? At most it is $10,000. Is this a joke? Seriously, you could buy a Ferrari for cheaper than that. I highly doubt this is some incredible high performance octo unlike no other... It's just a big quad with a tank and some pumps.
Jul 06, 2017, 06:20 PM
Wandering IT geek
...now I need to go to drone repair school and reap the rewards of becoming a certified FoxTech Drone Master Technician!
Jul 06, 2017, 06:31 PM
Go Hawks!
Pretty sure that 1 mil price tag is a placeholder price.

The airframe, pumps, sprayer, etc, (everything except the flight electronics and props/batteries) is only $2380.

https://www.foxtechfpv.com/gaia-160-...ter-frame.html

You can have this thing in the air with spare lipo's for $6K

That 1 mil is probably $10k RTF but someone got careless with the decimal point.
Jul 07, 2017, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
...now I need to go to drone repair school and reap the rewards of becoming a certified FoxTech Drone Master Technician!
don't know why the link is wrong ,
this is the correct one
https://www.foxtechfpv.com/industria...exacopter.html

you are welcomed to study at Foxtech drone repair school
Jul 07, 2017, 05:30 AM
FPV Buyer
I ordered one on 6th July. Hope Im the first buying it in Australia.
Jul 07, 2017, 06:01 AM
Is the flight time 18mins achieved by the 4 pcs 16000 mah battery?
Jul 07, 2017, 08:46 AM
Oh, that's a very reasonable price!
Jul 07, 2017, 08:47 AM
Ya'll know the Japanese found a lot of benefits in using large RC helicopters for agricultural spraying a few years back. Seems the rotor discs made for better chemical dispersion. As a side note, RC airplanes were being used for aerial distribution of beneficial insects over crops back in the 1990's. If this platform is reliable it could turn out to be quite the tool for ag applications too small for normal aerial chemical applications or those too close to residential areas.
Jul 07, 2017, 11:17 AM
The catch here in the US is that you shouldn't go out and purchase one of these and think you can hang out a crop-dusting sign and use a drone for this application.

As anyone associated with farming knows, there are some pretty stringent regulations regarding the aerial application of pesticides that has nothing to do with the drone.
Jul 07, 2017, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck
The catch here in the US is that you shouldn't go out and purchase one of these and think you can hang out a crop-dusting sign and use a drone for this application.

As anyone associated with farming knows, there are some pretty stringent regulations regarding the aerial application of pesticides that has nothing to do with the drone.
Right, no carriage of hazardous materials is explicit in Part 107 restrictions (107.36). From what I can see, this is not a waiverable provision. Certainly, there are no waivers for 107.36 in the Waivers Granted database:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/request_waiver/waivers_granted/

While I'm not a farmer, and so I don't know if all things you'd spray on crops are Hazmat, I'd be willing to bet most are. So for now, this application of sUAS is a non-starter in the USA.