Jul 05, 2017, 08:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Veteran Found Dead On VA Property

"In 2013, the United States Department of Veterans Affairs released a study that covered suicides from 1999 to 2010, which showed that roughly 22 veterans were dying by suicide per day, or one every 65 minutes."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...eteran_suicide

http://wkrn.com/2016/11/28/man-takes...o-va-hospital/

My friend John Toombs last testimant before he committed suicide after the VA refused to help him. (1 min 37 sec)
Jul 05, 2017, 10:12 AM
Orange Lives Matter!
Usually they let us die in our homes... Someone actually got an appointment or did he die there to make a statement about the government shirking on the deal.
Jul 05, 2017, 10:17 AM
Orange Lives Matter!
My guess wasn't off the mark...
Jul 05, 2017, 10:35 AM
The QuadFather
I figured he died there waiting for an appointment....
Jul 05, 2017, 10:40 AM
Tu ne cede malis
I was going to note that at least being found dead on their property is more direct than being found dead on a govt rationer's waiting list.
Jul 05, 2017, 10:44 AM
FWIW, when I first became a RCG member, somebody posted in the US about twice as many people "successfully" commit suicides, as are murdered. I asked him where he got that statistic from, and he posted from either the US census or CDC. I checked and he was correct. I thought it was a strange statistic because I hear every day about people being murdered in the US, but rarely hear about suicides.

Below are some more US suicide statistics I think I remember correctly:

Women are about 4 times more likely to have attempted suicide
Women are more likely to attempt suicide between ages teen and thirty.
Men are about 4 times more likely to "succeed" at committing suicide.
Men are more likely to commit suicide between ages 40 - 70
Jul 05, 2017, 11:15 AM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
There is a serious problem with suicide in this country, 40000+ a year, and steadily increasing every year.
Jul 05, 2017, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
I was going to note that at least being found dead on their property is more direct than being found dead on a govt rationer's waiting list.
Those others are usually found dead in their beds in a for profit hospital waiting to find out if their for profit insurance will cover the procedure!
Jul 05, 2017, 11:33 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
that great socialized single payer system we've got ....
Jul 05, 2017, 11:48 AM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Those others are usually found dead in their beds in a for profit hospital waiting to find out if their for profit insurance will cover the procedure!
Boy profit gets under your skin doesn't it.
Jul 05, 2017, 11:54 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
get ready for the "Profits at all cost" strawman ... it's a coming ... because killing your customers is an awesome business model.
Jul 05, 2017, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
There is a serious problem with suicide in this country, 40000+ a year, and steadily increasing every year.
Steadily...
Jul 05, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
I wonder if those who despise profits save any money from their earnings, as that would be "profit". Maybe that explains why such a large portion of the population have no savings - they hate profits!
Jul 05, 2017, 05:24 PM
Quote:
People that try to profit off of desperate people must joy you?
Jul 05, 2017, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48
I wonder if those who despise profits save any money from their earnings, as that would be "profit". Maybe that explains why such a large portion of the population have no savings - they hate profits!
You seem ok with the concept of people dying simply because they can't afford the exorbitant costs of healthcare ?

Quick Reply