Jul 29, 2017, 02:09 PM
Rag The Nuts Off :)

First Video's of the Nano Talon in Action

Howdy,

My ZOHD Nano Talon has arrived and she's been out & flown today, here are the videos so far.

However, a couple of notes for you:
  1. You can run 4S on this model. 10.3A on full throttle on 3S, ~14A on 4S.
  2. The Nano Talon is NOT all EPP. The white foam is EPO and the lid/black parts are EPP.
  3. The stabilizer is simple and works great. 3 modes, launch mode (adds elevator), Off and stabilized.
  4. It takes minutes to build, everything is click and go
  5. And it's boxed extremely well. Unlikely to get smashed during transit.

If you have any questions, ask on the videos on YouTube as I don't check RCGroups that often. And remember, mine was bought out of my own cash and was not a "Freebie for Review".

Enjoy!

Matt

LIve Unboxing
[LIVE] 📦 Unboxing the ZOHD Nano Talon ✈️ (52 min 14 sec)

Pre-Maiden Follow Up
ZOHD Nano Talon Follow Up (Ready for the Maiden) (8 min 28 sec)

RAW Footage of TWO Nano Talons being Maiden'd
TWO ZOHD Nano Talon Maidens AND a Genesis Wing Maiden [RAW HAT CAMERA] (27 min 22 sec)

FPV Footage on 4S, with a build overview
ZOHD Nano Talon FPV on 4S with Build Overview & Tips [HD Footage] (13 min 13 sec)

Matt
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2017, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Looks so great! Hope to get mine soon...
Thanks for sharing!
Jul 30, 2017, 05:29 AM
hey whats burning?
Nice set of video's. Very helpful. Of coarse now I want one.

Thank you.
Jul 30, 2017, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moggiex View Post
FPV Footage on 4S, with a build overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3CH6viJS8
I think you sold me on buying a PNP for 4s use
Jul 31, 2017, 12:50 PM
i'm hoping they make a kit version

looks like it'd fit 2 1500mah 4s packs.

i want to move all the stuff from my mini ranger over.
2212 1000kv motor on a 8x4 prop, quiet and efficient ish
Aug 02, 2017, 07:04 PM
Anyone else recieved one yet? Sure enjoyed the vids of moggiex!

But how come they say they ordered from their own money, yet the Nano Talon is not even out yet?

I did pre-order one, let's hope it does ship on the 5th. And let's hope it IS realy good.
Aug 02, 2017, 09:02 PM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
But how come they say they ordered from their own money, yet the Nano Talon is not even out yet?
Pre-ordered in the first batch I guess?
Aug 03, 2017, 12:12 AM
Yea, Andrew the other chap with one ordered at the same time and got his a day earlier than me!

I've been on and iNav'd it

Way better than the supplied stabilizer and loads more features. See the DVR footage for what it feels like on a day when it's not windy as *!

Matt

ZOHD Nano Talon iNav Conversion + V-Tail Mod + FPV Build Overview (19 min 17 sec)
Aug 03, 2017, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK View Post
Pre-ordered in the first batch I guess?
Interesting. I was pre-orderer No. 7. Mine is still nowehere to be found.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychopathRC View Post
Interesting. I was pre-orderer No. 7. Mine is still nowehere to be found.
That's what I mean.. from the beginning it was announced it was expected to be stocked by August.

https://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-362712.html

Nothing wrong with recieving a review sample, just say so.
With that kind of traffic on a channel and all those affiliate links, one makes money out of it anny way

(Nothing wrong with that either, as I'm sure a lot of time gets stucked in making vids like that)
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 03, 2017 at 07:19 AM.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke View Post
That's what I mean.. from the beginning it was announced it was expected to be stocked by August.

https://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-362712.html

Nothing wrong with recieving a review sample, just say so.
With that kind of traffic on a channel and all those affiliate links, one makes money out of it anny way

(Nothing wrong with that either, as I'm sure a lot of time gets stucked in making vids like that)
Moggie is always very clear about what he is sent for free and what he buys himself. The Nano Talon he has said in almost every (if not every) video that he bought it himself.
Aug 05, 2017, 04:36 AM
Howdy gents,

Yea I covered this in a RC coffee chat a while back. I emailed BG and asked if they could send it earlier seeing I was pre-order #1. I never got a reply!

However Andrew ordered 2 Nano Talons just after me and they turned up a day before mine. So it looks like they had a couple to hand and shipped the first few paid orders. Which frankly speaking was #HappyDays!

I've just laminated mine, which is not suggested as the fuse area is a right pain to do and I'm getting a second as soon as they come into stock as a spare (I have "issues" with trees).

@Justapoke, 7 videos in ~3 days. I think that was pretty good going to get it the model to where I wanted it to be You may also find this video of interest as we've gone past the year now. I can only lead by example.

Matt
Last edited by moggiex; Aug 05, 2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: can't type for pudding. Obviously not enough coffee yet :)
Aug 08, 2017, 01:53 AM
Howdy,

14 miles on a 4S 1600mAh pack good enough? Just imagine a 3500mAh 18650 pack!

Enjoy, Matt

Nano Talon 1 Battery, 28 Mins, 14 MILES! FPV Flight (24 min 47 sec)
Aug 08, 2017, 07:24 AM
AutoPilot .
Thats roughly twice what a Z84 draw but not bad
Aug 09, 2017, 09:35 AM
Thread OP
In stock now!

A PNP version (all Motor / ESC / /Servos _ Gyro) -for $99

Quick Reply