Jul 06, 2017, 03:11 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmtree
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2916359

And yeah I was looking at those servos, but the image res made it hard to tell whether they were doing a mechanical vtail mix or there was an aileron hookup. And I'll reserve judgment on the buckle system until I see some actual reviews, but I'm inclined to agree with you there
Thanks for the info, I now checked the other thread and it's not for the Nano Talon solely, but includes this ZOHD new wing which looks nice as well.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2017, 04:01 AM
Leo
Looks good
Jul 06, 2017, 08:22 AM
When I reserved one yesterday, it was actually showing the PNP version with the Camera & VTX included. I guess BG made a mistake and have now changed the listing. Still keeping my order but it is disappointing, lol. Seems expensive with the Camera & VTX. Double the price!
Jul 06, 2017, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychopathRC
When I reserved one yesterday, it was actually showing the PNP version with the Camera & VTX included. I guess BG made a mistake and have now changed the listing. Still keeping my order but it is disappointing, lol. Seems expensive with the Camera & VTX. Double the price!
I think 100$ is okay for with motor/esc/servos and FC... though I might just throw out that FC and use one that has RTH/OSD and stuff... though then I need to buy an other GPS again... and I haven't even finished building my Mini Talon
Jul 06, 2017, 05:12 PM
I'm trying to decide between this, an fx-61, mini talon or opterra. I want to go higher and further!
Jul 06, 2017, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I'm trying to decide between this, an fx-61, mini talon or opterra. I want to go higher and further!
not seen much of the opterra though that with it 2m span should be cool for carrying quite some batteries
Jul 06, 2017, 06:04 PM
It seems as though with the opterra you can take out nose weights and add a bigger battery and a camera etc, take a look. It looks nice and it will thermal with the right setup too.

On the other hand it seems that everyone loves the mini talon. Anyhow the real cost is in the osd/FC and a good camera.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:49 PM
Quote:
It has aileron cutouts, but it doesn't come with the servers and linkages right? As for the onboard gyro, we probably don't know if that supports ailerons either.
V tail and servo of aileron are hided in the body in different design.
Jul 07, 2017, 05:08 AM
Thread OP
Now I just have to wait until it will be in stock and shipped...
Last edited by guyst; Jul 07, 2017 at 09:49 AM.
Jul 07, 2017, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Then you need C1 Chaser with right equipment.
Jul 07, 2017, 12:50 PM
Interesting, sort of a big wing wing. I'm thinking of getting away from Wings I'm not sure. I think my next project is going to be to figure out iNav to get away from the expensive commercial fc/gps/osd systems.
Jul 07, 2017, 12:52 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
So, you say "I want to go higher and further!"

Your list is quite a range of planes, all unique and all very different.

If you really want to "go higher and further", then the Mini Talon or FX61 will work well because they both can carry a large payload. I have both and I like flying the MT more because it is easier to launch, especially when heavy, it is a little sportier and I can easily throw it into any car without taking it apart. The FX is a great flyer too and a little better at very high altitude because of the size of the wing. I haven't flown an Opterra but given its size and cost I think I would rather opt for the big X-UAV Talon (which I also have) which is everything the MT is only much bigger. Even easier to launch (IMHO) and flys extremely well. The big Talon also has an airframe capable of mounting just about any type and size of gear.

This new Nano Talon will not go higher and farther than these other planes and I suspect for most it will be a fun "five miler", FPV canyon blaster or tandem chaser.

Can't wait to see how they all come together

Some of my builds
My latest Mini Talon
My Latest FX-61
My Big Talon

Cheers!
Mark
Jul 07, 2017, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info - nice clean build on the Mini Talon. I'm leaning towards the MT because I don't want a wing this time. I keep moving my 'phantom' rudder stick when I fly these wings and other bank and yank fpv planes and I think it's about time to connect that stick to something. The MT vtail will work nicely. I'm also looking for an easy platform to test inav and the mini talon is one of their templates.
Jul 08, 2017, 02:12 PM
I don't know wahat to think about this one.
I have the c1 chaser make by banggood. The quality of the foam is very bad compare to the wingwingz84 or the phantom.
So if this nano talon is not made by the same manufacturer of the mini talon, unfortunaly the quality might not be that good
Jul 08, 2017, 03:24 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link69
I don't know wahat to think about this one.
I have the c1 chaser make by banggood. The quality of the foam is very bad compare to the wingwingz84 or the phantom.
So if this nano talon is not made by the same manufacturer of the mini talon, unfortunaly the quality might not be that good
According to Banggoods specs, the nano Talon is not an EPO plane. Here is the line from their page:

Material: Crash Resistable EPP

Depending on the EPP density it could be good or bad...

Quick Reply