Jul 05, 2017, 12:54 AM
Thread OP
New Product

ZOHD Nano Talon 860mm Wingspan ***Official Thread***

This Nano Talon just introduced yesterday. As a proud owner of the Mini Talon that is my #1 FPV plane, I wonder if this Nano Talon is going to have the same characteristics. I don't see that it's come from the same manufacturer "X-UAV" ...
It looks the size of the Micro Skyhunter (I'm going to publish a review in few days) that I own which could be my next micro flyer that you just take from the "passenger seat", connect the battery and goggles, and enojy a great fly around you, but this one includes also a gyro for stabilization.
It looks like they include few enhancements over the Mini Talon for the FPV gear, camera mounts, air intakes and detachable tail (which I'm not sure I will use with this size...)

It comes in 2 versions:
1. A PNP version (all Motor / ESC / /Servos _ Gyro) -for $99
2. PNP version + FPV gear (+ HD / flight camera similiar to the Runcam split + 5.8 600mw transmitter) - $199 (looks a bit high to me) -
** I'm missing a kit verion like the Mini Talon that we can pick our own gear.

Details of the version that includes the FPV gear:
This 860mm Wingspan Nano Talon is a portable edition of the Talon Airframe series. The pre-installed AIO HD camera and 5.8Ghz Vtx brings you an integrated solution for FPV flying. It is super easy to hand-launch and fly because of the gyro, This Nano Talon is very convenient to carry with because the detachable main wing and tail wing can be detached easily by plugs and magnets. The built-in servo structure makes the airfoil more aerodynamic, and avoid damage even in a crash. The inside room and extra bottom hatch are also huge for more FPV gear.

Description:
Brand Name: ZOHD
Item Name: Nano Talon
Wingspan: 860mm/33.85in
Length: 570mm/22.44in
Flying Weight: 361g(w/o FPV gear)
Material: Crash Resistable EPP
CG: 3.5cm from the wing leading edge(mark under the wing)
Color: White + Black
Motor: ZOHD 2204 1870KV BL
Motor Shaft Diameter: 5mm
ESC: 30A W/1A BEC(XT30 connector)
Servos: 2pcs 8g digital servo
Propeller: 6x3
Recommended Battery: 3S 1300-2200mAh 25C XT30 connector
Recommend Radio: ≥6CH
Flying speed: 12 to 90km/h

Features:
* Built-in Gyro make the Nano Talon flys super stable, and easy to control.
* Autonomous fly directly after hand-launch, never crash when take-off.
* EPP molded wing, pre-built-in Carbon Fiber spar for enhancement, light and flexible plus crash resistence.
* Detachable mainwing and tailwing for easy transport, and easy to change wing by simple plug.
* Mainwing connected to fuselage by buckle, will be disconnect and release during crash.
* Pre-installed 1080p/30fps HD Camera, recording and 5.8Ghz FPV at the same time.
* “NACA”air-intake in nose and air-outlet in tail for better cooling on FPV gear.
* Extra rooms in canopy and cabin for FPV gear, bottom hatch provide bonus rooms for more FPV equipment
* Self tighten prop nuts for secure prop mounting

Pre-installed FPV gear: Full HD AIO Camera:
1. 1080p/30fps 12megapixels
2. Full HD 1080p/30fps recording, up to 64G Micro SD Card
3. On Screen Display of battery capacity
4. Auto Save Video when landing
5. FOV(Angle of Field): 120°
6. WDR(wide dynamic range): ON
7. Video Files: MP4
8. Interface: Micro USB port
9. Supper WDR FPV image with low latancy
10. FPV video: 720*480 30FPS
11. Operating Voltage: 6~25V
12. With Microphone for clear sound recording
12. Size: 27.2*27.2*32.5mm
13. Weight: 16g

Pre-installed FPV gear: Video Transmitter
1. Power: 600mW
2. Frequency: 5.8Ghz 40CH w/ Race Band
3. Operating Voltage: 6~25V
4. 5.8GHz 3 leaf Clover LHCP Antenna
5. Size: 32.5*24.3*9.4mm
6. Weight: 13g

Package Included:
1x Nano Talon Airframe
1x Pre-assembled motor, esc, servos, gyro, hardware
1x HD camera
1x 5.8G VT
Last edited by guyst; Jul 11, 2017 at 01:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2017, 01:53 AM
Looks nice, should be fun to fly.
Jul 05, 2017, 05:10 AM
hey whats burning?
Interesting.
Jul 05, 2017, 10:28 AM
Wandering IT geek
Preordered the PNP no FPV gear version and subscribing.
Jul 05, 2017, 11:10 AM
I hate pnp/arf sets. Why I need a crappy hardware when already know what hardware I need for plane?...
Jul 05, 2017, 11:14 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID

Let the MODS begin!

Thanks for starting this Guy
On a first impression I see some things I might change (true of every plane I've ever had )

Make the wing a one piece unit
*This could get rid of a pile of breakable parts shown in the picture, make the wing a little stiffer and potentially open up the fuse even more for access.
Make the size of the NACA duct large enough to actually do something
*This needs to be at least 3x bigger to work at all and it wouldn't hurt to add a couple to the sides.
Supply a decent front skid
*Many of us don't have the luxury of landing on grass

I also have some questions for those that are first to get one or see more in the pics than I do:
-Is the motor a "Post" mount type?
-Specs say there are two servos, so no rudder, just aileron and elevator?
-Is a single 8g servo enough for both ailerons? Really? (I've never trusted servos that come with any plane )

Cheers!
Mark
Last edited by mark_q; Jul 05, 2017 at 11:16 AM. Reason: title
Jul 05, 2017, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
On a first impression I see some things I might change (true of every plane I've ever had )

*This could get rid of a pile of breakable parts shown in the picture, make the wing a little stiffer and potentially open up the fuse even more for access.
*This needs to be at least 3x bigger to work at all and it wouldn't hurt to add a couple to the sides.

I also have some questions for those that are first to get one or see more in the pics than I do:
-Is a single 8g servo enough for both ailerons? Really? (I've never trusted servos that come with any plane )

Cheers!
Mark
I like the two piece wing personally. That way I can put it in a carry-on bag and bring it wherever! In the other thread I read that it's no ailerons, but that there are cut outs for them if you want to install them.

Also speaking of other thread, thoughts on consolidating?
Jul 05, 2017, 01:26 PM
The price seems a bit high by banggood standards. 99 for the base model with gyro isn't bad but 199 for the FPV kit seems high. $100 'extra' for a camera and VTX? Ok, it's a recording camera but I don't know.. You are probably better off with a mobius or 808 camera. It looks like you charge the camera separate the way show the usb cable in the pictures.

I think on a plane like this, it comes down to flight time. 15-25 minutes would be great. There are already plenty of good sports wings and nano sky hunter types around that are fast and maneuverable but have shortish (normal) flight times. It would be nice if this was a mini long distance fpv platform. They didn't list any flight times.
Jul 05, 2017, 01:41 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmtree
I like the two piece wing personally. That way I can put it in a carry-on bag and bring it wherever! In the other thread I read that it's no ailerons, but that there are cut outs for them if you want to install them.

Also speaking of other thread, thoughts on consolidating?
I wouldn't mind a two piece wing but does it need a "Buckle" to release the wing in a crash? Sounds like pieces that will break and cause me to do more 3D stuff

They show an aileron and elevator servo in one of the pics (if you look closely )

Do you have a link for the other thread?
Jul 05, 2017, 02:13 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't mind a two piece wing but does it need a "Buckle" to release the wing in a crash? Sounds like pieces that will break and cause me to do more 3D stuff

They show an aileron and elevator servo in one of the pics (if you look closely )

Do you have a link for the other thread?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2916359

And yeah I was looking at those servos, but the image res made it hard to tell whether they were doing a mechanical vtail mix or there was an aileron hookup. And I'll reserve judgment on the buckle system until I see some actual reviews, but I'm inclined to agree with you there
Jul 05, 2017, 03:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Cheers!
Mark
Thanks Mark, I'm happy that you kicked in here Your work is more than appreciated on the Mini Talon thread were we all enjoys your expertise!
I hope to get one and answer your questions
Jul 05, 2017, 03:31 PM
following

Now that I know it has ailerons I am way more likely to buy one... wouldn't be happy with V-tail only as it was first assumed...
Jul 05, 2017, 03:42 PM
It has aileron cutouts, but it doesn't come with the servers and linkages right? As for the onboard gyro, we probably don't know if that supports ailerons either.
Jul 05, 2017, 04:09 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
It has aileron cutouts, but it doesn't come with the servers and linkages right? As for the onboard gyro, we probably don't know if that supports ailerons either.
According to their picture (in my post above) it comes with a single aileron servo driving both control surfaces through a pair of hinge links (very old school ). It also shows a single elevator servo driving both elevators. So, it will need a simple 3 channel setup instead of a 4 channel v-tail mix.
Jul 05, 2017, 04:58 PM
I missed that, thanks. Pretty slick if it works for the ailerons. I was actually excited when I mistakenly thought it was a vtail as it is so rare to have yaw control on this kinds of planes.

Quick Reply