Vector Will Not Recognize Taranis - RC Groups
Jul 04, 2017, 04:40 PM
The QuadFather
Discussion

Vector Will Not Recognize Taranis

Trying to set up a Taranis with a vector. RX (X8R) is bound to TX. however, every time I hook to software to run the wizard, it keeps showing "Number of channels in Pulse Train = 0". SBus is hooked up to the proper wire on the Vector, properly to the RX, again, RX is bound, What am I missing here? Thank you in advance for any help.

Also, yes, I have the manual, have been reading it over and over, and still cannot figure what I am doing wrong.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2017, 08:40 AM
Hello,

It looks like that RX has different options to be compatible with different TXs etc. I suggest trying all available options such as 8 channel mode and 16 channel mode. If you are unable to get it to work I suggest contacting the manufacturer to find out how you can test the SBUS output. Otherwise open a support ticket and we can provide you RMA info to send the Vector in for testing.

Regards, John
Jul 05, 2017, 08:12 PM
The QuadFather
The unit is bound as D16, Channel range 1-8. This particular RX had been working fine with a Pixhawk Unit. I replaced the Pix with the Vector, hoping for an easier experience. I will swap it out with another (I have 3 other Quads with X8R RX's, that I fly at least once a week.), and try agaimn as directed. Thank you for responding. Ill get back on this as soon as it is complied with
Jul 09, 2017, 04:15 PM
The QuadFather
OK, I swapped RX's, no change. Both bind with the taranis in D16 mode. (FYI - Have several of these, used with NAZA with both S-Bus, and Traditional, No issues with any of them.) VECTOR blinks red-green-red -pause- red-green-red continuously. Alerter blinks all three colours, variously. I have enclosed pics to show what I am seeing. Also, the artificial horizon functions normally., used input cord that I use with others that carry both power and data. Stumped!!
Jul 09, 2017, 04:49 PM
The QuadFather
OK, for some reason now it has detected channels and I am going through the wizard. Have NO idea what happened. I didn't change anything other than reinstalling the original RX. at first still didn't work, then suddenly started working.
Jul 10, 2017, 08:02 AM
The QuadFather
Got through the wizard, everything powers up, motors respond as expected. No osd at all. Swapped VTX. Nothing. Attatched camera. Nothing. All I get is a black screen.
Jul 11, 2017, 09:04 AM
Hello,

Please open a support ticket and we will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John
Jul 11, 2017, 09:09 AM
The QuadFather
I don't think a ticket is needed. The OSD now functions. A mistake on my part.

So, engines run, osd works, but just have one question: while I was running the engines, on my OSD, a warning came over that said "reducing idle speed!". As it did, the engines slowed, two dropped off. Raising throttle didn't help. I kill-switched it, and restarted, all was well. Is this normal maybe because I am not airborne, and just running w/o props? Wondering if it is some kind of safety item.
Thanx, Tim
Jul 22, 2017, 06:38 PM
I'll be watching this thread as I'm building a S500 with the vector and FrSky X8R! Just got my receiver in yesterday and waiting on motors. Are you getting 5v from the current sensor on the white plug for the receiver?

JT