Can I fly here? - RC Groups

Benton County R/C Aerodrome (Adair Village, Oregon, United States)

Jul 03, 2017, 12:32 PM
MultiRotor Masta
Discussion

Can I fly here?

Hey everyone! I usually fly on my own but haven't been able to find anywhere in the Corvallis area. I was hoping to fly with you guys, what do I need to do to make that happen? Do I need an AMA membership? Pay club dues?

Let me know!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2017, 10:29 PM
Any hand launch dlg fields?
Sep 09, 2017, 06:13 PM

Yes, You can fly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManateeMoe
Hey everyone! I usually fly on my own but haven't been able to find anywhere in the Corvallis area. I was hoping to fly with you guys, what do I need to do to make that happen? Do I need an AMA membership? Pay club dues?

Let me know!
Manatee,

Yes, you can fly here. You will need an AMA membership. The field is public (owned by Benton County) so you don't need to pay club dues. I flew my drone there this afternoon and the club members were just fine with me being there with my DJI Phantom 3S. I do recommend that you read the field rules as it is tempting to fly over the pits, shelter, or parking area but that is always forbidden.

I got wonderful video from this location last weekend at sunrise and I really like the big, open space. When I reviewed my video I had filmed a derr that I could not see from the ground.

Today there was a raptor in the area that was definitely interested in a club member's styrofoam airplane
Sep 09, 2017, 06:31 PM

No handlaunch DLG fields here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchirrick
Any hand launch dlg fields?
Bchirrick,

There is a smooth'ish runway and generous mowed shoulder areas but the "grass" is tinder dry and spiky. It's not much fun to walk on the shoulder areas as the areas are not groomed or watered. There is no water or electricity at the field. The rest of the field is chest-high grass that would not be much fun to retrieve a model from at this time of year.
Sep 09, 2017, 09:06 PM
Thank you. Looking for places as i come up to that area often. Thx for the reply
Brian