Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8 - RC Groups

Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8

A new off-road basher has just been announced from Team Associated. The Nomad DB8 is a 1/8th scale 4wd platform with power and scale looks. Let's take a peek!

Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8

A 1/8th Scale 4wd Desert Buggy

The all new Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8 is a 4wd basher modeled after the SCORE Class-1 style race vehicle. This scaled out off-roader is powered by a Reedy 1515 SL 2000kv sensorless motor and ESC with high-current T-Plug connector. Accurately modeled General Tires Grabber meats on Method faux beadlock wheels help put the power to the ground on almost any terrain. The body is available in od-green or desert tan and mounts to the separate plastic roll cage atop the chassis; finishing off the interior are detailed driver and co-pilot figures. The Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8 retails for $519.99 and is scheduled for availability this month (July 2017).

Team Associated Nomad DB8 1:8 Scale 4WD Off Road Desert Buggy (6 min 11 sec)

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Team Associated 1/8 Nomad DB8.

Features:

• Chassis with plastic side guards.
  • Four-wheel drive.
  • Oil-filled shocks.
  • Reedy 1515-SL 2000kV brushless, sensorless motor with 5 mm shaft, high-torque 4-pole rotor.
  • XP120 2-channel pistol-grip radio with water-resistant enclosed receiver box.
  • XP high-torque metal gear steering servo.
  • Reedy 4S-compatible ESC with cooling fan, reverse and high-current T-plug battery connectors.
  • Trimmed and painted body.
  • Pillow ball upright suspension for increased adjustability and durability.
  • Refined geometry rear suspension with lower hinge pin inserts for quick and easy roll center adjustments.
  • General Tire GT Grabber tires.
  • Matte black wheels with 17 mm hex.
  • Adjustable toe-in/camber.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 03, 2017 at 10:01 AM..
Jul 03, 2017, 04:16 PM
Car Bashing
Nice look and seems tough : https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/c...dDB8-80941.pdf
Jul 04, 2017, 10:24 AM
Did I make the A Main?
I wonder which version this buggy is based on? Kinda looks like a dated chassis to me

I noticed XRay did the same thing when they introduced a new GT8 that was based on a design that was 2 revisions older.
Jul 04, 2017, 10:48 AM
Car Bashing
Quote:
Kinda looks like a dated chassis to me
That's what i thought when i have seen more photos of the chassis. But it can be still strong enough for bashing arround.
Jul 04, 2017, 11:26 AM
Did I make the A Main?
I agree that this is more than likely geared for bashers, but regardless... I'd want to make sure that I was getting the latest version of geometry. Another thought comes to mind in that perhaps releasing a dated design might give the company an opportunity to continue supporting older versions for those still racing dated versions of the chassis? Maybe this is an attempt for the brand to say they are in it for the long haul like Traxxas? Then again the product page for the Nomad says "Limited Release".

I'm half tempted to buy the body/cage separately and try to custom fit it on my Tekno, assuming they offer clear bodies... ha!
Jul 04, 2017, 02:45 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
how come this looks like a 'smaller' 1/8th scale compared to others with this chassis style?
Jul 04, 2017, 03:20 PM
Did I make the A Main?
because the rear wing mount has been removed thereby shortening the overall length minus the wing
Jul 04, 2017, 03:26 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_delong
because the rear wing mount has been removed thereby shortening the overall length minus the wing

I meant width and wheelbase of the vehicle itself (looks smaller)
Jul 04, 2017, 03:46 PM
Did I make the A Main?
looks like a standard RC8BE chassis to me, though hard to tell what the offset on the wheels are, I have assume they are standard 17mm SC wheels that are already available from several aftermarket brands already, at least that would make sense to me if they wanted this vehicle to pick up popularity quickly.
Oct 27, 2017, 07:38 PM
I like this rig and may add it to my other trucks. '
are the electronics water proof for running in the snow.
looks to be based on a buggy frame and a short course set up if so dose that mean your stuck with short course rims and tires for it.
Oct 30, 2017, 08:06 AM
User Registered
The Nomad DB8 uses 17mm hexes. You could slap on some 1/8 buggy wheels/tires if you wanted to, but I personally love the taller sidewall look of SC tires on the Nomad. They just send the whole platform to the next level of scale-like appearance.

The Reedy SC1000-BL ESC and DS1015MG servo...water resistant. Are they waterproof? Nope.
Last edited by RustyUs; Oct 30, 2017 at 08:15 AM.