This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 03, 2017, 01:37 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Pandora gear for Apprentice protects the prop

Main gear still protecting prop
The Pandora main landing gear can be pushed into the Apprentice front float gear slot just like the stock Apprentice gear. However the Pandora leg wire diameter is larger and stronger and offers better protection against prop strikes during taxiing, takeoff, and roll out. Of course if you don't flare and drive her in with a nose down 10-20 pitch then the stock 11/8 prop will probably hit and then inspection for damage is recommended before further flying.

The Pandora wire and wheels can be "plugged in" either swept forward or aft if the wheel pants are not installed. Most of my clubmembers prefer the pants and wire leg fairings so I use vice and vice grips to twist the axle area so the wheel pants are parallel to the fuse centerline. The plastic parts add very little weight but reduce drag and look attractive with trim covering. Here are two versions . The chrome legs are swept forward and the red legs are swept aft. I think the aft swept gear minimizes ground looping and looks more realistic.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply