Sep 18, 2017, 07:15 AM
I've tried GRBL hotwire controller on 3 different pc and in 2 of them it doesn't appears the connect button for serial port.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2017, 10:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop-er
I've got the same error, and traced the source:

Import root airfoil profile (.DAT)
Excel imports the DAT file and moves it to Excel sheet [DAT-ROOT]
Excel should parse the file, making sure X and Y values are in separate columns.
Instead, X and Y values are together in column A.
This crashes the calculation.
I will check into that and update a new version if needed, tks for the heads up!
Sep 18, 2017, 01:20 PM
Right on Prop-er. That was exactly what my FoamXL problem was. I finally noticed that even though the 2 columns appeared to be under columns A & B headings, there was no divider line between the columns of figures. EXCEL has a means to separate the 2 columns of figures into columns A & B.
Sep 18, 2017, 01:26 PM
Re: my GRBL hotwire controller problem. The Pronterface window I used to send gcode to the Arduino has a "CONNECT" button to actually connect the computer to the Arduino. Is there a button on GRBL hotwire controller I have to push to actually connect GHC to the Arduino? I've tried the "UNLOCK" button & the others I see with no results.
Sep 18, 2017, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhauptli
Re: my GRBL hotwire controller problem. The Pronterface window I used to send gcode to the Arduino has a "CONNECT" button to actually connect the computer to the Arduino. Is there a button on GRBL hotwire controller I have to push to actually connect GHC to the Arduino? I've tried the "UNLOCK" button & the others I see with no results.
There sure is!
Sep 18, 2017, 06:29 PM
Now we're getting to the problem! My GHWC screen has NOTHING where you show the red circled area. I have the GRBL window that shows COM3 & 115200 & the little down arrows to choose the COM & Baud. To the right of that there's just blank space all the way to the MDI window. I've tried everything I can think of to stretch the GRBL window over to show where you have disconnect & rescan, but, no luck! Why do I not have the "CONNECT" &"DISCONNECT" buttons?
Sep 19, 2017, 02:26 PM
Try changing in options: connect on starting.
Sep 19, 2017, 06:57 PM
To acicuecalo Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!! I still don't have the "CONNECT" or"DISCONNECT" buttons but I do connect on startup. The GRBL settings came in like they're supposed to & I can jog the motors & run an airfoil Gcode. Now all I have to do is complete the mechanical part of the project & calibrate everything. Thanks again to everyone for the help on this project.
Sep 19, 2017, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acicuecalo
I want to change GRBL settings to 3200 steps/mm on each axis.
This is the initial GRBL dump data:

I try to modify them using this commands:

This is the dump data after that:

But, when I reset the arduino, all settings appear again unchanged:

It seems GRBL doesn't write data on arduino EEPROM.
Am I doing anything wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasciodc
That's exactly what I was going to suggest you!

Though, I really would like to know how to make GRBL remember the last settings without needing to hard code them into the software directly...
Thanks rasciodc for the sharing,
right after arduino reset parameter will load with default value on default.h on arduino IDE.
change ALWAYS_DEFAULTS_SETTINGS to 0 on config.h and reflash will solve this

Name: Param.PNG
Views: 311
Size: 67.6 KB
Description:
Sep 19, 2017, 11:09 PM

Connect Button

I think resolution screen of PC give a different display of 'connect' button
Great of rasdiodc works, this is my modify

Release
Sep 20, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyFreedom
right after arduino reset parameter will load with default value on default.h on arduino IDE.

Attachment 10368176
It works perfect!
Thank you very much!
Sep 20, 2017, 10:57 AM
Quote:

Attachment 10368191
Your new version solves the problem with GRBL com port.
TheFlyFreedom, thanks again!
Sep 20, 2017, 04:15 PM
Thanks TheFlyFreedom. I added your "release" mod. Now I have the "CONNECT" & "DISCONNECT" buttons. Everything works like it's supposed to.
Sep 20, 2017, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Attachment 10368176
Nailed it!

Quote:

Attachment 10368191
Nailed it again!

Oh I see what you've done, nice! I hate arranging panels and windows sizes in the Studio, never fully mastered the way they anchor and change with each other...lol
Sep 21, 2017, 11:56 AM
Is anyone using the ramps temperature control from the GRBL controller? I have problems because it seems the RAMPS does not provide voltage to the hot wire at the hot bed output when sending temperature setting commands. I've connected another power supply for the nicrom and none of the power outputs deliver voltage.
Last edited by acicuecalo; Sep 21, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

Quick Reply