kk2.0 Tri copter wants to fly but flips over - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 02, 2017, 08:07 PM
Help!

kk2.0 Tri copter wants to fly but flips over

Will have video up soon, i have done the following

video here youtu.be/FwnTabiN71w

i have a tri that keeps flipping on the roll axis , my question is , wehre do i place the kk 2.0 board.. is it on the center of gravity or the middle of the frame im guessing the COG?

--calibrating escs to kk2.0
--have the motors spinning the correct way according to kk2.0 loadout, and all props pushing air down . even though im hearing it doesn't even matter which way they are spinning
--there is no significant wobble
--i have calibrated the ACC on as level surface as I could with iphone level app, tried to put on auto level still flips
--i have tried adjust the pi setting a bit according to guides

help
Last edited by kuyonshawn; Jul 02, 2017 at 10:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2017, 12:33 PM
First thing you should do is read the manual. I think you'll find your problem explained well.I am sorry ,I can't post a link to the site but, search for the new KK owners thread, on thi s site.I mostly try to put the board on the cg. I think if you scale down your menue to "mixer editor"and enter no.4-- the rudder. Look and see if you have that set to a regular 100. If it is , you have to change it to a -100. The rudder motor should move the OPPOSITE way you push your rudder stick. Also make sure you have the very latest update installed on the board. It's 1.19 Stevis. Double checkyou have the right stuff before you download. It's critical that you read up on this so you know where I'm coming from.
Jul 03, 2017, 01:46 PM
thanks for the reply friend i will try all your advice and get back to you
Jul 03, 2017, 02:46 PM
kuyonshawn;The KK has been around for quite a while now. It's all I fly . If you do as Isuggested you'll be off the ground in no time.Make sure you up date the board. Here is my tip , Once you get it so it wants to lift off, study it close. What is it doing ?If it shows a diffenite bad tendoncy , figure out what it is doing, then shimm that motor .to do oppisite. "SHIMM" the rig as good as you can.Now you should be able to fly it, with out hardly any electronic ajustments. What you are doind is "trueing" your build. Things can look straight and square but, you have to prove it,and thats what this step does.
Jul 03, 2017, 06:15 PM
by shimm do you mean trim the channels on the tx?, or do you literally mean adjusting the seating of the motors
Jul 03, 2017, 06:46 PM
Hey, i tried putting the FC at the CoG , which caused me to rewire my whole craft today, and also i factory reset my board and put all the tri copter settings in that i needed included reversing servo 4 , which i had already had done , and adjusting the PI settings again . i have calibrated the ACC again to try self level mode to see if it made a difference. still cant hover... just flips

im out of ideas. i have a cell in my lipo that a little lower voltage than the other two, but eveything seems to be super responsive and running fine otherwise. thanks for the help i just cant figure it out and may stop putting the time in
Jul 04, 2017, 02:48 AM
Just swap the front two motors/ at the KK side/ , and check what will happen !
Good luck !
Jul 04, 2017, 11:44 AM
Kuyon, By shimming I actually might to tip the motors around. Aand ,what firm ware are you using. A factory reset will not help if your using original firm ware. As I recall that was one of the major downfalls of the KK board.It should be1.19 Stevis, NOT 1.9 factory. Did you search out the sight I mentioned about the KK board.On my trike I run the motors like this---,left front is running clockwise and has an "R" prop on it. The right front is running counter clockwise and has an "L" on it. The rear motor is running clockwise and is running an "R" on it. The way you talk you may have one of your motors in the front running wrong OR your rudder motor is running backwards. Without seeing , this is just a guessing game. I have to know what you are using for firm ware. I don't really agree with the fact you can run all motors the same , although I have read this also.I'm an old man and I go by the book. Tooooo late to relearn everything. Hey also where you need help ,just keep coming back, I'll die trying to help you, I don't like being in your shoes either. Hang in there
Last edited by c.sitas; Jul 06, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Jul 04, 2017, 10:52 PM
Multirotor Enthusiast
There is a wonderful setup video on YouTube for a tricopter using a kk board. It was done by David W from RCExplorer. Before I switched over to using Naze32 FCs I was using Kk2.0 and kk2.1.5 FCs exclusively and found that David's video to be very helpful. I highly recommend thst you watch his video and follow his directions. You will be airborne in no time.
Jul 25, 2017, 01:03 PM
thanks fellows for this thread. i have same problem that the tricopter can't take off. will check my front motor rotation .
Jul 26, 2017, 11:25 PM
Hello Big, yes check as you say but, also go into the menue," editor' and check which way you have your rudder set. When you push right rudder, the servo should move opposite. If it doesn't you have to change the rudder setting in the editor. For instance it could be set to 100 positive, you might have to set it to a _100.In my mind this is the most important thing here.They claim a tri will run no matter what the rotation of the props.I don't subscribe to that. But when the rudder is wrong ,all you'll do i spin in a circle.