Jul 01, 2017, 06:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

How many tanks do you have?

I have small collection of model tanks, and interested, how many
tank models other have. how lond did you work on them?
What size? Rc or not? ....
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2017, 08:00 PM
Woz
Woz
Eleven built and ready to go. Three I'm working on and about twelve others in bits. All 1/16 RC.
Jul 08, 2017, 08:33 PM
I'm getting back into the hobby at the moment I have had several Heng long tanks in storage for year that I just dragged out a few weeks ago. I'M in the middle of a Jagdpanther which is getting a full repaint and lower hull upgrade to start with. I have a Panzer IV that is next on the list. Both these tanks are already metal grade. The last Heng long I have is a plastic Tiger I that might get dumped to one of my grandkids and replaced with the Taigen kit down the track.
The Jewel it my crown will be a Tamiya Js2 which is on it's way. I will be upgrading that with metal tracks. I plan to get a Taigen Panther and maybe a T34 soon.
My problem is there doesn't seem to be any rc tank clubs in New Zealand. Still I like collecting and painting so there is a lot for me in the hobby. Also they take up far less room than Rc aircraft. That suits my collecting habit well.
Jul 15, 2017, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
this is the newest model in my collection

First drive with my Type 10 model Tank (0 min 33 sec)
Jul 15, 2017, 09:48 PM
crpplus/cowrc factory driver
Waltersons 1/72, right? Type 10. I have the M1A1 and IraqiT72M1 from Imex Taigen. Great pocket tanks
Jul 23, 2017, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
I also have an M1A1 in 1:72, an M60A3 in 1:35, an Leopard 2A5 in 1:35, and a I ordered an Leopard 2A4 from Aoshima by Amazon.
Jul 25, 2017, 07:15 PM
I have about 6 model tanks...a few tank dioramas (shown) and just got the 1:16 Sherman, with a 1:16 panther on the way.

I'm addicted to RC tanks now....Love the Sherman tank! It shot a BB about 70 yards downwind this aft!
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:43 AM.
Jul 27, 2017, 09:12 AM
1/16 Complete (RTR)
2x Tiger 1 (Taigen metal & HL)
3x Jagdpanther (HL)
2x KV-1 (Taigen metal)
1x King Tiger (HL)
1x Panther (HL)
1x Stug III (HL)
4x Panzer III (HL)
2x Panzer IV (HL)
2x T34 (WSN & HL)
1x Bulldog (HL)
2x Leopard 2 (HL)
1x PanTiger

Scores of bits and pieces, plus another Tiger I, KT, and Pz IV chassis with some parts...
Jul 27, 2017, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlath_Drake
1/16 Complete (RTR)
2x Tiger 1 (Taigen metal & HL)
3x Jagdpanther (HL)
2x KV-1 (Taigen metal)
1x King Tiger (HL)
1x Panther (HL)
1x Stug III (HL)
4x Panzer III (HL)
2x Panzer IV (HL)
2x T34 (WSN & HL)
1x Bulldog (HL)
2x Leopard 2 (HL)
1x PanTiger

Scores of bits and pieces, plus another Tiger I, KT, and Pz IV chassis with some parts...
Wow...you didn't miss any did you?

Just got done detailing my Sherman and painting the commander.

BTW: since you have so many tanks....I thought you should know: I opened up my Sherman to re-connect the taillight plug and noticed the smoke tubing (both sides!)was badly crimped at the bend,,,,.like 95% blockage! No wonder it wasn't smoking! I connected new more flexible tubing and at a longer length...WOW what a difference!
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:42 AM.
Jul 31, 2017, 12:27 PM
All 1/16 scale
Taigen Sherman (Metal)
Taigen Walker Bulldog
HL Sherman
HL Abrams
HL Pershing
Torro Halftrack (for fun only, quite fragile)

My favorite...
Tamiya 1980 vintage King Tiger.
Cammo paint and hand textured zimmerit.
Gutted and rebuilt the hull with 4:1 steel gearsets, metal tracks and Clark sound.
Gutting the turret next for recoil and gun movement
Crawls, climbs and is basically unstoppable

Also, have a Tamiya Sherman that should arrive with the UPS driver today. ...winter project.
Aug 07, 2017, 07:35 PM
She needs more power captain!
I have seven,All taigen.
Tiger 1 early ,plastic desert paint
Tiger 1 Mid, diamond series italian theater
Tiger 1 early,metal,early grey,4/1 bb gearboxes.
Stug 3 metal,normandy theater
Sherman m4a3, 3rd armor,75 mm
Shermanm4a3 ,76mm.{paint in progress]
M41 Bulldog,metal.
Ive painted and done some detailing on most of them. Not to much,I still like to run them around outside.
Aug 07, 2017, 09:09 PM
Now up to 3 HL tanks...love them all!

I don't see what Tamiya has that's worth 5x the price....I guess if you like building...but then they should be even less money now that it's you doing all the assembly work.

Put all the details on the Tiger today and test ran it. Can't even hear the smoker on that model! That one has the metal tracks and gears...surprisingly heavy!
Last edited by Hugo Flynow; Oct 05, 2017 at 06:42 AM.
Aug 08, 2017, 02:15 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Hi Hugo,
I just found your thread, good Idea.
Although my tank may not qualify to be mentioned here, the fun it provides is fantastic to me.

M1A1 Abrams from Hobby Engine.
1/20 scale, exclusively made batch for Canadian electronics retailer the "Source"
No BB or IR action but drives through every terrain without track issues. (maybe because it's cheap engineered with an accidentally good working idea)

It shall be the beginning of another great collection!

Tip of the day: Stop dusting off your models!
(weathering comes for free that way)

CCC
Aug 08, 2017, 06:30 PM
Highly suggest joining this message board...

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/portal.php

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the introduction forum. They are very nice, polite, but insist you introduce yourself when you join. They have their rituals.

Then you can talk tanks like crazy! Board moves a bit slow but there are tons of categories and tons of things to look at.

You won't find a more comprehensive tank forum anywhere else...

Over there, I'm Tread Flintstone.
Aug 08, 2017, 07:50 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Tanks Tread

Seem to be a good advise.
For now I just feel I have to wait until I'm ready for at least a better hobby grade tank.
I feel bad that the recent special sales from HL will be over soon.

I'd love to have a Panzer III or an early Tiger.
(First)

---

I was doing a lil research but couldn't find any prehistoric tanks?
I know they had excavators, proof attached

CCC

Quick Reply