RSSI is always 100% - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 01, 2017, 06:49 AM
Discussion

RSSI is always 100%

Hi, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I have full size vector connected via SBUS to X8R receiver.

In my Taranis inputs I configured one using Source = RSSI, Scale = 100db and Weight = 100. Then in mixer I set this input on channel 9 Weight = 200 and Offset = -100. Obviously then I told the vector RSSI was on channel 9 of the SBUS train.

I think I got these settings off a forum post or YouTube or something but it isn't working. On my OSD I am seeing constant 100% RSSI value which flickers to 25% (not sure why). Anyone mind telling me where I have gone wrong?

Thanks!
Last edited by thebatfink; Jul 01, 2017 at 07:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2017, 07:57 AM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
Why don't you just plug the analogue RSSI output from the X8R to the analogue RSSI input on the vector?
Jul 01, 2017, 08:23 AM
Guess I could but that would mean fetching everything out to gain access to the plugs + this is why we run opened for these kinds of clever things. This should be a workable solution if I get the settings right no? Used to work on mini quad boards, Naze etc.
Jul 01, 2017, 01:20 PM
I'd be mad without a Taranis!
From the Vector manual for getting RSSI;

This is all that's officially supported. If you want to try and make something else work - you're on your own. It's probably easier just to run the analogue RSSI output from the X8R to the Vector, as this works and is supported. If you feel like spending more time trying to make an unsupported method work, and be frustrated, that's your prerogative. But the Vector isn't a Naze, etc. - it's it's own beast.

It doesn't look to me, per the manual, that you're going to get S.BUS RSSI to work the way you want it to.
Jul 02, 2017, 03:34 AM
OK thanks, I may of got a bit confused between injecting RSSI in SBUS when now reading it it only accepts it via PPM. Still don't really understand why it can see it in a channel of PPM and not SBUS but hey how, more wires it is.