This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 30, 2017, 09:27 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

No more sanding!

"Project C-47 Rescue" hit a milestone earlier today.

I finished the filling and sanding.

That, friends, was a big job. I plan to hit a couple of curved areas with a sanding needle, but other than that, every part is repaired and ready for sealing. I may go the Minwax Polycrylic route since it's less expensive than Foam-Tac Foam Finish. I should have more than enough in a half pint of the Minwax to cover this rather large model...and I don't want to weigh it down. The YouTube thread I've been using as a reference showed the example model being sealed with something like eight coats. I don't think I'll need quite that much! The prototype is intentionally rough looking, but I'll still keep my model reasonably smooth. It just doesn't have to be that smooth.

Most of the Hobbico HobbyLite filler was sanded off with the recommended 180 grit sandpaper and the remainder did a stellar job of filling the numerous scratches, gouges, cuts and countless injection marks. I didn't weigh the parts before or after, but all of the components including the fuselage weigh practically nothing.

Pix and more to follow.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply