HPI Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX - RC Groups

HPI Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX

The new Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX builds on the Jumpshot MT with brushless speed and power! Let's take a look at this 1/10th scale monster truck from HPI.

The HPI Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX

Brushless Power in a Fully Adjustable Chassis

The popular Jumpshot line of vehicles from HPI get's a new family member with the MT Fuzion FLUX. This 1/10th scale monster truck is 2S LiPo compatible and comes with a power and efficient FLUX brushless motor and ESC combo. Included is a TF-40 2.4GHz transmitter, oil filled plastic shocks, a TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) style chassis, and a Plazma 7.2v 2000 mAh NiMH battery and wall charger. The HPI Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX retails for $249.99.

CLICK HERE for more information on the HPI Jumpshot MT Fuzion FLUX

HPI Jumpshot MT in action (1 min 2 sec)

Features:

• Factory-built Ready To Run 2WD monster truck
  • Innovative single-unit design combines brushless motor and LiPo-ready ESC
  • FLUX Fuzion 2700KV brushless motor
  • LiPo-ready speed controller takes up to 2S LiPo or 7-cell NiMH battery packs
  • Tough aluminum TVP chassis design
  • Battery box fits NiMH stick packs and 2S LiPo packs
  • Battery easily accessible from bottom of chassis
  • Water-resistant servo
  • Enclosed receiver box
  • 2.4 GHz radio system
  • Oil-filled shock absorbers
  • Double-wishbone suspension design
  • Sturdy body mounts
  • Standard 12mm hex hub wheel fitting
  • Pick-up truck style body with the latest HPI graphics
  • Large all-terrain tires
  • Chrome 6-spoke wheels
  • Battery, wall charger and transmitter AA batteries included

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jun 30, 2017 at 01:02 PM..
Jul 01, 2017, 09:01 AM
Wierd motor/ESC combined ? You can clearly see only 2 main leads to the motor and the switch and Rx wires coming out but why do it that way ?
Jul 01, 2017, 09:35 AM
Born again RC'er
It looks like one of those combo ESC/Motors. The ESC is the the top hat of the motor bell end. Same as the Tazer Twin 2-in-1 - https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...2wd-p-dyns1450

From the Tower page - "The Flux Fuzion 2700kV brushless motor and LiPo-ready speed control take up the same space as a standard 540-size motor by itself" - makes me think the motor is probably a 380-sized motor. Still will provide more power than a brushed 540, but not the power of a proper 540/3650 sized motor.
Jul 01, 2017, 07:45 PM
User Registered
The can length is 58mm. I think they could make a 45A ESC fit into 8mm spacing . Either way, I'm still not on board with the idea of using 2-in-1 components. I could get there quicker with the idea of using a receiver/ESC combo. Off-road RCing...I would have to have separate components.

The truck looks like it has a great layout. I've always like the TVP design.
Jul 01, 2017, 09:13 PM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyUs
The can length is 58mm. I think they could make a 45A ESC fit into 8mm spacing . Either way, I'm still not on board with the idea of using 2-in-1 components. I could get there quicker with the idea of using a receiver/ESC combo. Off-road RCing...I would have to have separate components.

The truck looks like it has a great layout. I've always like the TVP design.
How about a Servo RX combo?
https://www.horizonhobby.com/SPMSS62...SABEgK9hfD_BwE

I kinda wish I has some extra money lying around to build a car with the servo/RX combo and the Motor/ESC combo. Plug the battery into the motor, and the motor into the servo. Talk about neat wiring...
Jul 01, 2017, 10:24 PM
250$ is a really fair price for a brushless 1/10th scale truck from a reputable company, with parts support and good customer service. Regardless of motor/ESC combo.
Jul 02, 2017, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexpredatorGT
250$ is a really fair price for a brushless 1/10th scale truck from a reputable company, with parts support and good customer service. Regardless of motor/ESC combo.
Their parts support and customer support has been almost non existent the past few years since they sold their company. They said they're coming back this summer though, I hope so.
Jul 06, 2017, 09:31 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
HPI has been back for a while but things are really starting to get rolling again now that the new Bajas and Savages have arrived. Ventures should be here any day now. The first three Jumpshot models have been available for 6 months or so and I've not really had any trouble at all finding parts for my fleet of HPI's, old or new. If Tower doesn't have spares, eBay probably does. Heck, I can still find parts for my 20+ year old Nitro RS4 on the eBay.

Anyway... the Jumpshot. I have one. It's fun! I've had it since they were released last year. I also bought a full selection of spares parts to go with it and haven't needed a single one. Not even a gear! Needless to say, I'm pleased with the quality of the plastics, although some metal gear options for the transmission would be nice. I've seen some guys on YouTube melt their gears with some high powered brushless combos.

Speaking of high powered brushless combos, mine has a Castle Sidewinder 3 4300 KV system in it and it is a wheelie machine using 2S 5600 LiHV 60C packs. It gets the Jumpshot name honestly too. It LOVES to jump and it jumps well. It's one of the best jumpers I've ever owned, requiring little to no practice at all to pull off great landings every time. The chassis is a solid chunk of goodness. With the TVP, it's like a 2WD Savage! No twist, no flex, no worries.

As mentioned before, I haven't broken a single part on it yet. Even the stock steering servo is still hanging in there. Tires are holding up well. No complaints at all really. It has become my go-to basher in the evenings after work. Runs for 30 minutes or so on a 5600 mAh pack. Hits 35 mph or so on 2S which is plenty fast for a monster truck. It handles surprisingly well at speed and stays planted too. I mean... REALLY well. It's smooth, quiet and fast. I've never felt the need to try 3S with the Castle setup.

I have the Dynamite Tazer 2-in-1 in my Tamiya Heavy Metal Dump Truck and it has performed flawlessly so far.

The Jumpshot body is very thin and I doubt they changed it for the Flux version. I lined mine with fiberglass strapping tape on the inside and it has held up well. I have a Chevy C10 body for a Stampede waiting for it should it ever be needed but again, no problems after the tape reinforcement. Obviously, the dogbone slots are showing a little wear and the bearings have a little more slop than they did when they were new but that should be expected of any vehicle that gets bashed on a regular basis. The outer gear cover can allow schmutz to get into the spur so that needs to be checked after every run.

I've added T-Bone front and rear bumpers, a Proline 4" LED bar and made a few mods for easier battery swaps.

Of my 20 or so vehicles, I've run this one the most in the past 6 months. It's that good. It does have some pretty stiff competition though. The Arrma Granite BLX can be had for the same price and if you're looking for speed, that sucker will eat this one alive out of the box.

Nice to see HPI back in action again.
Last edited by SD One.; Jul 08, 2017 at 10:56 AM.
Jul 06, 2017, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
HPI has been back for a while but things are really starting to get rolling again now that the new Bajas and Savages have arrived. Ventures should be here any day now. The first three Jumpshot models have been available for 6 months or so and I've not really had any trouble at all finding parts for my fleet of HPI's, old or new. If Tower doesn't have spares, eBay probably does. Heck, I can still find parts for my 20+ year old Nitro RS4 on the eBay.

Anyway... the Jumpshot. I have one. It's fun! I've had it since they were released last year. I also bought a full selection of spares parts to go with it and haven't needed a single one. Not even a gear! Needless to say, I'm pleased with the quality of the plastics, although some metal gear options for the transmission would be nice. I've seen some guys on YouTube melt their gears with some high powered brushless combos.

Speaking of high powered brushless combos, mine has a Castle Sidewinder 3 4300 KV system in it and it is a wheelie machine using 2S 5600 LiHV 60C packs. It gets the Jumpshot name honestly too. It LOVES to jump and it jumps well. It's one of the best jumpers I've ever owned, requiring little to no practice at all to pull off great landings every time. The chassis is a solid chunk of goodness. With the TVP, it's like a 2WD Savage! No twist, no flex, no worries.

As mentioned before, I haven't broken a single part on it yet. Even the stock steering servo is still hanging in there. Tires are holding up well. No complaints at all really. It has become my go-to basher in the evenings after work. Runs for 30 minutes or so on a 5600 mAh pack. Hits 35 mph or so on 2S which is plenty fast for a monster truck. It handles surprisingly well at speed and stays planted too. I mean... REALLY well. It's smooth, quiet and fast. I've never felt the need to try 3S with the Castle setup.

I have the Dynamite Tazer 2-in-1 in my Tamiya Heavy Metal Dump Truck and it has performed flawlessly so far.

The Jumpshot body is very thin and I doubt they changed it for the Flux version. I lined mine with fiberglass strapping tape on the inside and it has held up well. I have a Chevy C10 body for a Stampede waiting for it should it ever be needed but again, no problems after the tape reinforcement. Obviously, the dogbone slots are showing a little wear and the bearings have a little more slop than they did when they were new but that should be expected of any vehicle that gets bashed on a regular basis. The outer gear cover does not seal tightly against the transmission and can allow schmutz to get into the spur so I sealed mine up with some UHU-Por.

I've added T-Bone front and rear bumpers, a Proline 4" LED bar and made a few mods for easier battery swaps.

Of my 20 or so vehicles, I've run this one the most in the past 6 months. It's that good. It does have some pretty stiff competition though. The Arrma Granite BLX can be had for the same price and if you're looking for speed, that sucker will eat this one alive out of the box.

Nice to see HPI back in action again.

Dude that's so cool, do you have a scale garage?
Jul 08, 2017, 09:16 AM
Sort of. It's just the two walls and the floor seen in the pic there. Makes a great backdrop. I have some small scale items in there that I've 3D printed but they are hidden by the truck. It works better for cars.

Got batteries charging for some Jumpshot fun later today.
Jul 08, 2017, 01:46 PM
That background is amazing
Jul 09, 2017, 08:50 AM
Thanks! I'll add a few more pics below so you can see what it really looks like.

Had a nice run with the Jumpshot yesterday. Everything was wet so there was lots of slipping, sliding and roostertails. Now it's packed with grass and needs the air hose. It's nice out though. Maybe I'll run it again before cleaning it.
Last edited by SD One.; Jul 09, 2017 at 08:58 AM.
Jul 10, 2017, 05:13 PM
That is so cool! I'm going to have to make one now too
Jul 26, 2017, 04:07 PM
Hi guys,

I just bought HPI Jumpshot SC as my first rc car and I absolutely love it! I know that it is a older model but I got it for a really good price and my local hobby store has replacement parts. I am using Hacker 5000mah 20c 2s battery which fits nicely in the battery compartment and because the SC is a bit longer then the MT or ST the battery lid opens with no problem. It has a brushed setup for now and I probably won't change it until this motor is destroyed. As I said this is my first rc car and it is plenty fast enough but just in case....

... besides the motor and the esc, what else do you have to change when you go brushless?

p.s.: The connector on the esc has already been changed to EC5
Jul 27, 2017, 10:33 PM
Wow! That's quite a bit more roomy than the MT.

I didn't change a thing in mine. I run 4300 KV on 2S HV with the ESC set to 90% max throttle and about 50% on the torque control. Make sure your slipper clutch is properly set and have at it! Maybe go a little lower on the KV as well, say 3800 or so. I just happened to have that lying around.