Furious FPV Fortini F4 32Khz - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 17, 2018, 04:36 AM
Registered User
Sorry to dig up a month old thread but I've just installed one of the Fortini with OSD in a new quad and it's doing something super weird. Mid flight it'll suddenly disarm and freeze up. The only way to get it to do anything is to power cycle it. The OSD freezes (doesn't update, though video is still fine), it wont connect to betaflight and it wont re arm or do anything until you power cycle it. Once you do that it'll fly fine, then a minute or 2 later do the same thing. I'm picking this is probably a faulty FC but is there any other possible suggestions? I'm running a holybro 4in1 blheli32 fc.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2018, 05:44 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoutnz
Sorry to dig up a month old thread but I've just installed one of the Fortini with OSD in a new quad and it's doing something super weird. Mid flight it'll suddenly disarm and freeze up. The only way to get it to do anything is to power cycle it. The OSD freezes (doesn't update, though video is still fine), it wont connect to betaflight and it wont re arm or do anything until you power cycle it. Once you do that it'll fly fine, then a minute or 2 later do the same thing. I'm picking this is probably a faulty FC but is there any other possible suggestions? I'm running a holybro 4in1 blheli32 fc.
Hmm, it might be the moron_threshold setting. Don’t be offended, that’s what it’s called. With 32khz gyros it’s pretty common to have to increase the setting higher than defaults.

https://oscarliang.com/moron-threshold-betaflight/
Apr 17, 2018, 06:12 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILERON8
Hmm, it might be the moron_threshold setting. Donít be offended, thatís what itís called. With 32khz gyros itís pretty common to have to increase the setting higher than defaults.

https://oscarliang.com/moron-threshold-betaflight/
Haha, yeah I'm familiar with the moron threshold, not something I've had to use before but worth a shot. This is a similar build to what I've run before, the only thing that has changed is the FC, the fact it wont connect to betaflight GUI and basically anything data related freezing made me think it might be a processor issue.
Apr 17, 2018, 06:42 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkoutnz
Haha, yeah I'm familiar with the moron threshold, not something I've had to use before but worth a shot. This is a similar build to what I've run before, the only thing that has changed is the FC, the fact it wont connect to betaflight GUI and basically anything data related freezing made me think it might be a processor issue.
I did see an issue for gyro detection using ButterFlight in the most recent release, but not BF. Still though, increasing moron_threshold is a good idea when running 32Khz gyro's. I suspect things should clear-up for you, but if they don't then report back in here with a log if you can and I can take a closer inspection?
Apr 17, 2018, 11:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AILERON8
I did see an issue for gyro detection using ButterFlight in the most recent release, but not BF. Still though, increasing moron_threshold is a good idea when running 32Khz gyro's. I suspect things should clear-up for you, but if they don't then report back in here with a log if you can and I can take a closer inspection?
Hard to get a log on this one unfortunately as it's the OSD version which doesn't have native black box support. I have just chucked a video together however of a couple of crashes so you can sorta see what circumstances may contribute. Thinking about it, I'm not sure it'd be the moron threshold because the initial gyro calibration when you first plug in is fine. It's only after it "locks up" like this that you can't do a single thing with it until you disconnect and reconnect the lipo.

Fortini F4-OSD "freezing" problem (0 min 13 sec)
Apr 21, 2018, 05:29 PM
Registered User
Dirkdigla666's Avatar
Anyone give me their current scale with a 4in1 that they use and what 4in1 it is?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Toretto 130 from Furious FPV HeliDirect Mini Multirotor Drones 177 Dec 16, 2017 06:55 AM
Discussion RaceFlight Revolt F4 32KHz Flight Controller rakeshdsouza Multirotor Drone Electronics 1 Jan 18, 2017 09:26 AM
New Product Toretto 130 from Furious FPV HeliDirect Multirotor Drone Talk 19 Dec 23, 2016 03:32 PM
Furious,Furious,Furious!!! simo10 3D Flying 110 Sep 19, 2007 03:32 AM
8UFH setup forTiny V-Tail rpsmtihii Parkflyers 0 Oct 27, 2001 11:20 AM