Jun 30, 2017, 09:00 AM
Discussion

Furious FPV Fortini F4 32Khz

I have been doing a little research on this FC and cant seem to find anyone out there who flies with the Furious FPV flight controllers. on paper this thing sounds great.. but why doesnt anyone fly them? ive mostly been flying with the DYS F4 poker face.. and would like to try something new. other than no built in PDB, and OSD.. what makes this FC so special?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 02, 2017, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Mackey84
I have been doing a little research on this FC and cant seem to find anyone out there who flies with the Furious FPV flight controllers. on paper this thing sounds great.. but why doesnt anyone fly them? ive mostly been flying with the DYS F4 poker face.. and would like to try something new. other than no built in PDB, and OSD.. what makes this FC so special?
probably you don't find anything about it because they used their customers as beta tester for unfinished products before... there is always a version 2 of their products. Acrowhoop v2,kombini v2, trued v3 and v3.5, pikoblx v2, innova vtx v2, so probably a fortini v2 to come. And that's why I have a big hesitation to buy the fortini for my new build.
Jul 03, 2017, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottx1
probably you don't find anything about it because they used their customers as beta tester for unfinished products before... there is always a version 2 of their products. Acrowhoop v2,kombini v2, trued v3 and v3.5, pikoblx v2, innova vtx v2, so probably a fortini v2 to come. And that's why I have a big hesitation to buy the fortini for my new build.
Wow! I did not know that... so are the version 1 usually crap??
Jul 03, 2017, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Mackey84
Wow! I did not know that... so are the version 1 usually crap??
i had the first version of kombini at release, arrived doa, received another one, blheli passthrough didn't work because of some resistor on the fc that i needed to remove. Acrowhoop v1 had problem with range of the taranis receiver, innova vtx v1 had a problem with the bec or something like that, i changed for the v2 and couldn't switch to 200mw more thant 1 minute (overheat), ended with a credit. At release trued v3 had some problem with withe lines on dvr and pins that could short circuit the module and even the goggles, they sent some 3d parts to install between the 2 parts to avoid shorting. So, probably there will be something with the fortini. I love their products but their quality control is crap.
Jul 06, 2017, 08:18 AM
I've read others who've had problems but in my case I've had three AcroWhoop V2s, two original Kombinis and three original Pico BLXs all flying flawlessly for a long time.

The FuriousFPV FCs have been the easiest to build around I've tried and they have supported me very well the few times when it was needed.

I've been watching the Fortini since it was announced but I currently have DYS F4 and BF F3 builds in progress so I'll have to wait awhile, but I know a Fortini build is in my near future. I am a long time fan of Furious products and am also perplexed by the lack of attention their new products have found.

It's good to hear from both sides.
Jul 10, 2017, 08:55 PM
I received my fortini f4 today and was going to start wiring it up and realized the rx solder pads that let you chose between 3.3v or 5v for either spektrum or frsky was pre soldered already at 5v. I'm a spektrum user, but luckily I use the telemetry rx so 5v is required anyhow. But for those that use spektrum 3.3v rx that would of been a pain in the rear having to try and fix it because the solder pads are a really tight clearance. Now I'm a little concern if the solder spilled over to the 3.3v pad because of the really tight clearance between the volts pad, not sure if it would matter. But I would have preferred to have soldered it myself instead of coming pre soldered.

Anyone with a fortini had the rx volt solder pads pre soldered from the manufacturer?
Jul 22, 2017, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyMan
I received my fortini f4 today and was going to start wiring it up and realized the rx solder pads that let you chose between 3.3v or 5v for either spektrum or frsky was pre soldered already at 5v. I'm a spektrum user, but luckily I use the telemetry rx so 5v is required anyhow. But for those that use spektrum 3.3v rx that would of been a pain in the rear having to try and fix it because the solder pads are a really tight clearance. Now I'm a little concern if the solder spilled over to the 3.3v pad because of the really tight clearance between the volts pad, not sure if it would matter. But I would have preferred to have soldered it myself instead of coming pre soldered.

Anyone with a fortini had the rx volt solder pads pre soldered from the manufacturer?
yes, mines also came this way... but i use flysky.
have you had any issues with yoru Fortini? Mines seems to be stuck in this infinite loop where it keeps rebooting.

Serious FPV Fortini F4 issues (0 min 19 sec)
Jul 22, 2017, 07:10 PM
yes, I have been having this problem when I plug the lipo and let it sit their 45 sec or more. Need to let it cool down and try again but without letting it it sit their with the lipo plug in more than 45 sec.
Jul 22, 2017, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkery8068
yes, I have been having this problem when I plug the lipo and let it sit their 45 sec or more. Need to let it cool down and try again but without letting it it sit their with the lipo plug in more than 45 sec.

Wow i never had this issue before with any other flight controller. May swap this thing out for a Matek AIO.
Jul 23, 2017, 10:46 AM
Fortini F4 failure (0 min 23 sec)

Decided to just use my spare Matek F405 AIO and when I plugged in the fortini by it self... still has the same issue.
Jul 24, 2017, 11:14 PM
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Well having the same problem with my Fortini F4.

Fortini F4 not connecting (1 min 17 sec)
Last edited by valkery8068; Jul 24, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Aug 26, 2017, 05:25 AM
Anyone know a cli command to change motor 1 signal to buzzer pad and also motor 2 signal to led pad?
Or a command to change them 2 motors to any other pads?

For some reason fortini f4, though never flown ,decided to have motor 1 and 2 just not work anymore.
Crazy thing is it has 2 sets of pads for signal and neither works.
I know beginning dshot has motor 1 rerouted to led and or rx or ppm but I sure dont know how.
Aug 26, 2017, 06:45 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdigla666
Anyone know a cli command to change motor 1 signal to buzzer pad and also motor 2 signal to led pad?
Or a command to change them 2 motors to any other pads?

For some reason fortini f4, though never flown ,decided to have motor 1 and 2 just not work anymore.
Crazy thing is it has 2 sets of pads for signal and neither works.
I know beginning dshot has motor 1 rerouted to led and or rx or ppm but I sure dont know how.
Resource command?

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...e-Command-(3.1)

Links act weird. When I clicked the link I posted it goes to bf wiki home. Supposed to go to resource command page.
Aug 26, 2017, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHTHSKY
Resource command?

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...e-Command-(3.1)

Links act weird. When I clicked the link I posted it goes to bf wiki home. Supposed to go to resource command page.
Thank you very much kind sir and the list to the right there's one that says resource mapping that I clicked on and breaks it down thank you very much
Mar 10, 2018, 11:59 AM
Gemfan team pilot: SniperX
I am using on all my quads the fortini f4 osd, 6 in total, and all fly great, never any problems.

Clean builds with allinone esc is my favorite.

And i add on every build 1000uf 35v low esr cap too filter bad noise.

Quick Reply