New 2017 Spektrum Focal DVR FPV Goggles - RC Groups
Jun 30, 2017, 02:04 AM
Discussion

New 2017 Spektrum Focal DVR FPV Goggles

Just announced, the new 2017 Spektrum Focal "DVR FPV" goggles. It's the Attitude v4 in a Dominator shell @ $499.

640 x 480 resolution
32 degrees FOV
Selectable 16:9 or 4:3
DVR
Includes 2017 Fatshark OLED non-diversity module
Dominator shell
HDMI input
1800mah Fatshark battery, with USB charging

This appears to be the Attitude v3/v4 optics but in a dominator body (so the bigger dual module bays for better compatibility with diversity modules), with the new Fatshark OLED module included.

$499 appears a little on the steep side, however!

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...dset-spmvr2520
Last edited by nickthenorse; Jun 30, 2017 at 02:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2017, 10:15 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
what a rippppp-0ff
Jul 01, 2017, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
what a rippppp-0ff
Never miss an opportunity to pooh pooh a Fat Shark product eh? Does it ever get old for you? It does for the rest of us (but I do appreciate that you keep bumping threads up).

Fat Shark
Jul 01, 2017, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
Never miss an opportunity to pooh pooh a Fat Shark product eh? Does it ever get old for you? It does for the rest of us (but I do appreciate that you keep bumping threads up).

Fat Shark
I never poo poo on your products....just the pricing is off to me, my opinion.
(to each his own Greg)....$500+ shipping.
Jul 01, 2017, 10:13 PM
Regurgitation Utensil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
what a rippppp-0ff
Literally spit my beer out on the bar when I read the price. WTH?

And I love my fatsharks...
Jul 01, 2017, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=xanuser;37830448]Literally spit my beer out on the bar when I read the price. WTH?

There's nothing wrong with these new FOCALS....except the pricing..but my opinion does not count..go buy these now!
Oct 16, 2017, 05:55 PM
Piscine Promulgator
I have these goggles, and love them, but had something weird happen yesterday:

I used the DVR to record a couple flights. The image looked totally great through the goggles, vibrant colors, but later, when I reviewed the DVR footage, it was in black and white.

Even more weird was that other footage from yesterday, with a different FPV plane, was recorded perfectly by the DVR. Those flights happened both before and after the ones that were recorded in black and white.

It seems really weird! I've seen older reports of people having trouble with their Fatsharks displaying a black and white image, and that this was due to an incorrect sequence of powering on the goggles versus powering on the VTX on the plane, but I have not yet seen reports of a correct color image in the goggles while having the DVR record in black and white.

Very strange... I will try to replicate. Want to confirm that I've made other recordings from this plane that have been just fine. These goggles are great, I hope this was just a one-off.

Steve

P.S. - The headtracking works awesome. Overall I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Example DVR output:

Inductrix+ FPV
Inductrix Plus FPV (4 min 38 sec)

Radian with a Runcam Micro Swift 2, Tramp @ 25mW, headtracking enabled (through DX6e wireless trainer port)
Sunset FPV slope soaring (2 min 7 sec)

Dream-Flight Ahi with Lumenier AIO 200 @ 25mW
FPV VTPR slope aerobatics (3 min 28 sec)
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!
Oct 17, 2017, 08:52 AM
Piscine Promulgator
I wasn't able to replicate my issue with the black-and-white DVR recording on the bench. Will just have to hope it was a one-off, I guess.

Really love these googles for the ease-of-use they provide with the rest of my Spektrum equipment.

FPV slope soaring - air-to-air with headtracking (4 min 20 sec)
Latest blog entry: Of Fish, France, FPV, and Fun!