Jan 16, 2018, 09:21 PM
Good stuff Nate!

My Gen 7 is on it's way....will see then how much I like a Crawler as it's my first. I just got a Redcat Volcano and have a Redcat 1/8 scale 4s lipo Landslide on the way....so Redcat has gotten their support from me this month!

I got hop up aluminum high geometry steering knuckles for the Gen 7 to help steering be sharper...I love the look of the truck, and probably will get the TRX-4 at some point, as soon as my credit card stops steaming....lol

The new Bronco body for the TRX-4 looks much less top heavy, but not having the truck, I can only go by looks. I've seen the video of it in action and it does look amazing! I just wish I had cool trails like yours to run on. I live off the Chesapeake Bay and most trails are grassy and tick infested. Some great rock jettys near the bay though for climbing...
to remove ads between posts
Jan 17, 2018, 12:12 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Hugo Flynow!

The Gen 7 ought to be a lot of fun, and it looks great. It's neat how fun it is to crawl over all kinds of stuff, and not just go fast and jump/bash. I think you'll really enjoy it.

That Redcat Landslide looks like a really cool rig too. I am sure that thing is a blast.

The new Bronco TRX-4 looks pretty amazing, I must say. I think it will probably sell like crazy.

I got my buddy who has some nice acreage (property) here in my area and he has a nice seasonal creek. He's shown me some pictures of some areas we will likely play at with our rigs. Can't wait. I'll post pics from those outings soon when we get together out at his place.
Jan 17, 2018, 02:48 PM
You see the guy who put a New Bright Jeep Rubicon body on the TRX-4? He has a whole series on what he did. A buddy showed this to me....wow! Apparently he had to do a bit of modding to make it fit...

Traxxas TRX4 | New Bright Rubicon 4Dr on the TRX4 | First Run (4 min 37 sec)
Jan 17, 2018, 02:54 PM
Wow...a LOT of work...

Traxxas TRX4 | Jeep Rubicon JK body installation work (4 min 0 sec)
Jan 17, 2018, 07:41 PM
Thread OP
I will definitely check that out.
Thing looks really good!
Jan 17, 2018, 10:35 PM
Yeah...you'd never know it was a crapola New Bright body! New Bright makes the real cheap Kmart RC trucks....real kiddy toy quality...but the bodies seem to be really nice! Take one of their bodies and mod the TRX-4 and you get a fantastic example like this! If you watch the top video, he even has a scale driver and dashboard/steering wheel.
Jan 18, 2018, 11:23 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer1987Nate
First, I just want to say that I very much enjoy your appreciation.
I am very glad you enjoy the pictures and the places!
Thank you for the kind words; it helps make the effort of taking all the time to post all this stuff, worth it.

Second, yes the price is steep, but you do get a LOT.
Awesome Rig! Super fun! It is powerful, controllable, versatile, tough, reliable, upgradeable, go anywhere, smooth and solid. Very Cool.

The rig is awesome for a lot of reasons. A couple are that it steers super sharp, and it gets up and scoots (lots of torque) so it has a lot of wheel speed in 2nd gear (on 3S probably does like 12-13MPH). You can be climbing a dirt hill with all four wheels turning throwing dirt as you rip up the hill side. Or if it was mud or snow, you have wheel speed to fling and throw mud or snow powder as you rip around.

With a crawler rig like the Gen7 Red Cat you usually have quite a bit less wheel speed. It would still be fun to crawl around. It's probably much like my RS10XT (which I have on 3S). I really like that rig how I have it setup (probably has a top speed about 8-9MPH with lots of torque). It's actually pretty cool, and quite a bit of fun. I definitely enjoy it, and it will out perform my TRX-4 in some ways.

But the TRX-4 is kind of on another level.

Both are a lot of fun though.
Dude.....I think you just earned a commission from Traxxas. I'm gonna ebay the crap out of my house so I can pick one of these up. I've been lusting for weeks. And showing Hugo the New Bright Jeep Wrangler bodies on the TRX-4 videos lol.... this truck is just a beast. Your pics are awesome Nate.... keep up the good work!
Jan 18, 2018, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Dude.....I think you just earned a commission from Traxxas. I'm gonna ebay the crap out of my house so I can pick one of these up. I've been lusting for weeks. And showing Hugo the New Bright Jeep Wrangler bodies on the TRX-4 videos lol.... this truck is just a beast. Your pics are awesome Nate.... keep up the good work!
Oh boy.....now you have joined the fanboy thread...lol.

Three of us raving over this truck and only one actually has it...LMAO.

I'd say by spring we are all owning it.
Jan 18, 2018, 04:41 PM
Custom User Name Title
Well I just don't see wasting time or money on something else when I can sell a kidney or something and go for the one that's got me all lathered up lol

I mean the Gen 7 Pro is definitely in the back of my mind... but....

I just read that damn BSRC 1:9 scale crawler shootout article for the 3rd time
Jan 18, 2018, 11:39 PM
LOL...obsessing on something sure is fun.... I might read it again myself.....get all lathered up. My Gen 7 arrives tomorrow.

Part of me wishes I got the TRX-4 and got it over with...If I didn't buy the Redcat Volcano for $140 that would have just about made up the difference....But I didn't know this crap would get under my skin the way it is.

I really plan to carve a trail along the woodline...that would work best without my yard looking like hell. If I lived by all those cool canyon trails or anything like that, I'd already have 3...lol.
Jan 19, 2018, 10:24 AM
Custom User Name Title
BTW somebody figured out those New Bright junk rc truck bodies could be harvested for this... they're going for like $150 on eBay. Insane.....
Jan 19, 2018, 11:05 AM
It figures...as soon as there's a good thing....there's people to ruin it.
Jan 19, 2018, 11:09 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
It figures...as soon as there's a good thing....there's people to ruin it.
Yeah... look at this ******hole.... http://www.rc-recycler.com/new-brigh...e-crawler.html
Jan 19, 2018, 11:26 AM
Lol...just buy the whole damn truck for $37 free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Bright-4-...CT4XF6FRVX614M
Jan 19, 2018, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
That is hilarious. ("earned a commission from Traxxas")

Thank you for the nod of approval, and the mention that you guys like the pictures. That is very cool. I appreciate the encouragement.
There will be more added soon.

Quick Reply