Aug 09, 2017, 10:37 PM
LUFTGUCKER
anybody has a source of a decent light kit for the TRX4?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2017, 07:41 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Just got of the phone with traxxas tech dept,asked what the Jr plug on the esc is for:not specified in the moment,in development also no info on what light kit to use because there are not sure about the output of the currently available units!
Aug 21, 2017, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
UPDATE:

I installed a light kit last week on the TRX-4. It is made by Powershift RC Technologies.
Aug 21, 2017, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Overall impressions so far, is the kit is great quality. It is simple, and basic, completely bolt on and plug and play.
Aug 21, 2017, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Here I was just testing it before I took the time to install it.
Aug 22, 2017, 06:26 PM
Thread OP
Here's some pics of the light kit installed in the body....Had to do a little work to get the light buckets in...Had to remove the front fenders, etc.
Aug 22, 2017, 06:48 PM
Thread OP
Here's it all lit up.
I am very happy to finally have some light on the TRX-4
Aug 22, 2017, 10:27 PM
LUFTGUCKER
Who makes a FJ cruiser Hardbody which will fit the TRX 4 perfectly?
Aug 23, 2017, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
Who makes a FJ cruiser Hardbody which will fit the TRX 4 perfectly?
That could be tough, the TRX-4 is a LWB chassis, the proportions would be all off. Here is my TRX-4 Next to my RC4WD FJ:
Aug 23, 2017, 01:40 PM
The lights look great on it!

Has anyone thought of cutting out the windows and putting some kind of plexi or similar material to get better windows? I know the windows are an eyesore to some. I do not have a TRX-4, but I am looking at getting one.
Aug 29, 2017, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Cool shot...Lights on
Daytime
Aug 29, 2017, 11:48 PM
Thread OP
Another shot...Added an axe and shovel set.
Aug 30, 2017, 12:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrydascorpion
The lights look great on it!

Has anyone thought of cutting out the windows and putting some kind of plexi or similar material to get better windows? I know the windows are an eyesore to some. I do not have a TRX-4, but I am looking at getting one.
Thanks Jerry!

I really enjoy the lights too.

As for the windows, I am not bothered by them being blacked out. I can see how some might be. I have not considered doing anything to the windows myself..
Sep 01, 2017, 06:31 PM
Just got mine a few days ago. Love it. It's awesome. And looks real enough for mo.
Sep 05, 2017, 11:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
Just got mine a few days ago. Love it. It's awesome. And looks real enough for mo.
Very cool!!! Enjoy your Trail Truck! I am definitely enjoying the TRX-4. I can't wait to get some metal bead lock wheels, and some knuckle weight.
Enjoy and feel free to contribute to the thread with info, pics/videos, if you want.

What battery are you running? 2s or 3s?

Quick Reply