Jul 11, 2017, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Few pics of the TRX-4 with the new items added...Can't wait to meet up with my friend and his SCX10ii for some trail running.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2017, 10:29 AM
Thread OP
Taking the TRX-4 to work with me today.

I get off work 3 hours early today (3 hours before my wife) so I am headed down to the River to wheel around a bit. Even though it's supposed to be about 105 degrees today, I'm still going, hopefully with my buddy that has the SCX10ii.
Jul 17, 2017, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Awesome outing this weekend...Up early and with coffee in hand I set out with a couple charged 3s packs and took off for a local favorite crawl area.

This is my 1:1 Trail Truck with my 1:10 Trail Truck in the back!
Jul 17, 2017, 09:58 AM
Thread OP
While waiting for my buddy and his sweet Axial Jeep, I putted around, checking out some of the area.
Jul 17, 2017, 10:03 AM
Thread OP
Cruised around a bit with the TRX-4 too just before he showed.
Jul 17, 2017, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
When both the Trail Trucks were together we crawled the whole length of the creek navigating way cool obstacles and sections.
Jul 17, 2017, 10:26 AM
Thread OP
This shot inspires me to imagine an aerial drone shot of real Trail Trucks in a Moab Canyon.
Jul 20, 2017, 09:10 PM
Very nice!
Jul 24, 2017, 11:30 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Leftyatm!
I have some more pics from last weekend too I forgot to post.
Jul 24, 2017, 12:22 PM
Thread OP
A few more pics from the outing
His winch helped me to get up to the top...My rear tire kept falling in a hole...Also, the SCX10ii climbs a tad bit better up vertical slopes than the TRX-4, but I believe descents are better handled by the TRX-4.
Jul 28, 2017, 10:37 AM
Big FPV Balls
I was waiting for Tower hobbies to get these in stock but after checking today their site says the trx-4 is discontinued. I guess they won't be stocking these anymore??
Jul 28, 2017, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
No, unfortunately Tower and Traxxas are unhappy with each other...Apparently, Traxxas has a lawsuit against Arrma and Hobbyco for some sort of alleged copyright infringement, or something, so Tower dislikes Traxxas for that move. Hence, not selling Traxxas anymore.

That is a super basic breakdown of what happened and may not be totally correct, but it's the gist of what I read.

All in all, no Tower will not be selling the TRX-4 at all, nor be fulfilling any preorders of the TRX-4.

It's a bummer for those who patiently waited for theirs!
Jul 28, 2017, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
"So pretty much tower is dropping Traxxas due to Traxxas sueing Arrma and Hobbyco. That makes no since. If they are infringing on Traxxas's pattents they deserve to be sued. Im honetly glad i have never given tower any of my money. For parts i usually go to amazon, ebay, or dollar hobbies."

-SummitBasher90-
Jul 28, 2017, 05:54 PM
Big FPV Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer1987Nate
"So pretty much tower is dropping Traxxas due to Traxxas sueing Arrma and Hobbyco. That makes no since. If they are infringing on Traxxas's pattents they deserve to be sued. Im honetly glad i have never given tower any of my money. For parts i usually go to amazon, ebay, or dollar hobbies."

-SummitBasher90-
Gotcha -
Add to the fact that they no longer honor their own coupons for traxxas products. Meh forget tower, I get most of my parts from ebay these days too.
Jul 29, 2017, 03:51 AM
I was searching tower hobbies to buy slash but most of traxxas car are discontinued. Are spare parts discontinued too?

Quick Reply