Jun 29, 2017, 11:57 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Traxxas TRX-4 The Trail Truck

I got this Trail Truck a couple of weeks ago from my LHS, after prepaying and waiting several weeks. It came in a detailed , big box. As the pictures suggest I chose the Carbon/graphite color. A friend of mine has the SCX10ii, with a lot of goodies on it (4s), and after driving his, I knew I wanted a Trail Truck that has some speed to it, not just a crawler. So, I saw this was coming out and that the Axial Trucks were on back order, so I waited for this.

This truck has a laydown tranny with 2speeds. It's quiet, and smooth. The driveshaft angles are virtually flat and tucked up inside of the almost flat suspension links. The axles, being portal are up high and give very nice ground clearance.

to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2017, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Photo Bucket is a disappointment....Here are the pics.
Jun 29, 2017, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
A couple more
Jun 30, 2017, 10:48 AM
Thread OP
This truck is a BLAST!
I've beat on it.....Wheelies on command on 3s...Climbed steep hills 100% full power, just ripping up the hill! I've crawled with finesse, ultra slow and controlled...I've driven it through a creek...It steers ultra sharp...I drive it with the axles unlocked mostly and only lock the diffs when I really need to. It works way better than I thought it would...Lots of traction, smooth, and not nearly as tippy as I thought it would be. I just love the sharp steering.
Jun 30, 2017, 11:11 AM
Thread OP
Body off and steering angle
Jul 05, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thread OP
Added some accessories...I will be adding more. I made the bungee cords.
Jul 05, 2017, 10:38 AM
That looks good. Nearly a shelf queen.
Jul 05, 2017, 10:43 AM
I picked one up as well, my first crawler. I primarily fly planes and bash my Slash 4x4. I was holding out on a crawler in case Traxxas came out with one and they finally put one out. I absolutely love it. Gonna get lights, winch, metal bead-loc wheels, etc. eventually.
Jul 07, 2017, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
Brake Weight - Thanks man, appreciate it. I clean it up after I use it...Try to keep it nice
Jul 07, 2017, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan
I picked one up as well, my first crawler. I primarily fly planes and bash my Slash 4x4. I was holding out on a crawler in case Traxxas came out with one and they finally put one out. I absolutely love it. Gonna get lights, winch, metal bead-loc wheels, etc. eventually.
Nice man! I really am enjoying it too. Not my first crawler at all, but my first Trail Truck. It will be one that I will go all out on. I will put any number of combinations of upgrades and modification on this truck, because it pretty much represents the epitome of what I have always wanted.
Jul 07, 2017, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
I made more bungee cords. Now there are two per item...

It would take a lot of bouncing, but I was able to dislodge the ice chest with enough high speed bouncing.

So now with two bungees, it's not going anywhere.
Last edited by Explorer1987Nate; Jul 07, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
Jul 07, 2017, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
Got a couple more scale items to add as well.
Jul 08, 2017, 07:57 AM
By rock crawler I meant trail truck, even though it could be use for both. I love the accessories. What are the bungees made of?
Jul 10, 2017, 10:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan
By rock crawler I meant trail truck, even though it could be use for both. I love the accessories. What are the bungees made of?
I see what you're saying. Yeah, I agree, it's definitely very versatile.

Thanks, I'm digging adding accessories to it. My wife even likes it, she's sort of excited when I get new accessories for it.

She's the one that let me have her skinny hair bands to make the bungee cords.
Jul 11, 2017, 05:46 AM
Sweet deal!

Quick Reply