New Product! Blade F-27 FPV UMX - RC Groups

New Product! Blade F-27 FPV UMX

Horizon Hobby and Blade have just announced the new F-27 FPV UMX, a sporty delta-wing micro aircraft with a wide flight envelope. Let's take a look!

New Product! Blade F-27 FPV UMX

Ultra Micro Fixed-Wing FPV

Horizon Hobby has just announced the newest Blade fixed-wing FPV platform, and this one is small and fast! The all-new F-27 FPV is a UMX F-27 with a 170-degree wide angle camera in the nose and a separate 150mW (25mW EU) VTx located under the canopy hatch. This little speedster comes ready-to rip up the course or park with a 3000kv motor and a 3.75x3 prop. A 280mAh 2S 7.4V 30C LiPo battery is not included, and you'll need a 4+ channel transmitter with Spektrum DSM2/DSMX technology as well.

As usual with Horizon Hobby products, SAFE and AS3X technology is built in to calm down the bumps on windy days, and launch mode makes getting the F-27 FPV airborne a painless task. The price is set at $169.99.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Blade F-27 FPV

Blade UM F-27 FPV BNF Basic (4 min 42 sec)

Features:

• 150mW powerful VTX video
  • Wide Angle FPV Lens with 170 degree view
  • Brushless Outrunner Motor with 3000Kv
  • SAFE Technology with Optional Flight Envelope Protection
  • Smooth and stable flight handling with Advanced AS3X Technology
  • Capable of 2S LiPo power
  • ZFoam Construction for increased durability
  • Fast responding Linear Servos
  • Flight capable straight out of the box

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jul 07, 2017 at 11:13 AM..
Jun 29, 2017, 09:34 AM
This looks awesome. The X Vert and this are tempting me to get into fixed wings!
Jun 29, 2017, 09:58 AM
CRASHING IS THE EASY PART
this is very cool .i love my 27Q
Jun 29, 2017, 10:12 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
So glad to see the Stryker live on! Wish they wouldn't have 86'd the rudders, as the flat UFO spins are a blast, but understandable when you're exchanging the weight for FPV equip. I'll be in line for one!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Jun 29, 2017, 10:23 AM
3d and EDF, some scale
love this but a ham license?
Jun 29, 2017, 10:34 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
The emitted power will require a ham license in the US to fly legally. The Technician exam is painfully easy to pass, it took me 8 minutes when I sat for it after taking some practice exams the week before.

I still have my original UM Stryker floating around, now I can fly it more aggressively if there's going to be parts availability. Nice rework of the old molds, interesting that the battery size is slightly larger.
Jun 29, 2017, 10:48 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
really miss strykers. anyone produce a clone of the f27?
Jun 29, 2017, 11:15 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
The emitted power will require a ham license in the US to fly legally. The Technician exam is painfully easy to pass, it took me 8 minutes when I sat for it after taking some practice exams the week before.

I still have my original UM Stryker floating around, now I can fly it more aggressively if there's going to be parts availability. Nice rework of the old molds, interesting that the battery size is slightly larger.
Agreed. Any FPV pilot that anticipates using, or uses frequencies over 25mW should consider getting the HAM. It's easy.
Jun 29, 2017, 12:01 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Only issue I see is that whenever I crashed my UMX Stryker, it always seemed to bonk on the nose; or at least would roll onto the nose with a wing stryke.
Not sure how much extra drag it would add but it would be cool to use like a soda bottle head, heat it to fit and glue over the nose.

Looks interesting, though. The original F-27B was what got me back into RC after a 15 year break. Love the whole line and the big Q is a BLAST!!! The high-speed boomerang spins are amazing!!
Jun 29, 2017, 12:30 PM
DFS#000178
Bring back old airframe
Stuff a camera we already have in the nose
Add AS3X
Remove rudders
Sell for $170.00

Seems legit.
Jun 29, 2017, 12:32 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
Hobbyking Skyfun is similar.
Jun 29, 2017, 12:50 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer
The bare airframe for the C model is still available, make your own elevons from balsa and fins from coroplast and fly your face off.
Jun 29, 2017, 02:14 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Quote:
The bare airframe for the C model is still available,
You sure about that? PKZU2220 seems discontinued and out of stock in my usual places. Is that the same part you were talking about?
Jun 29, 2017, 02:45 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...tryker-pkz1267

That's for the parkflyer sized C model which is what I was talking about, sorry if I made some confusion with the minor hijack. the UM Q model (PKZU2220 ) is discontinued and gone, that's correct.
Jun 29, 2017, 03:25 PM
FPV IT
Quote:
I never had a Strker but wasn't the original made from EPS foam aka packing foam. This new version is now much stronger EPO foam, which now makes it worth a look for me.

Foam @ 48 sec
Blade UM F-27 FPV BNF Basic (4 min 42 sec)