This thread is privately moderated by nagas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 29, 2017, 06:29 AM
My name is Naga
Thread OP
Discussion

Phoenix User Built Models: Leonardo da Vinci Air Screw

I fly a lot in Phoenix Flight Simulator and found a fantastic thread with some really wonderful user-made models.

It wasn't long before I wanted to make my own, so here is my first attempt; Leonardo da Vinci's Air Screw.

Leonardo is credited with inventing the helicopter with his Air Screw. In fairness he was probably influenced by the Chinese Top.

The idea was a bunch of guys would stand on the platform and running round the mast, turn the capstan thus providing power to the screw so generating lift.

The original Sketchup model was created by alfebilbao and took quite a lot of modification to get it into Phoenix Builder.

The Phoenix model can be downloaded here.
Last edited by nagas; Jun 30, 2017 at 12:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply