new k-70g2 turbine - RC Groups
Jun 28, 2017, 08:34 PM
used to build now i fly
Discussion

new k-70g2 turbine

so i see the kingtech web site is taking 100.00 dollar deposits on the new k70 they are working on.

but there is now mention to my knowledge or that i could find on the site as to the total cost and the specs other than the size pic showing it as can size of the k45..

hope this gets going and at a fair price as the jets munt 70bl is no where near production it hit some snags after there initial first run and is going through testing again

anyone chime in on the info for this new design....................

http://www.kingtechturbines.com/prod...products_id=63
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2017, 09:08 PM
used to build now i fly
just got this reply from kingtech not a very business oriented company

this will be my first kingtech purchase i have seen many run and perform very well and the service seems good. but this is scary way to ask for money after all what good is a 100.00 dollars to a solid company with new sought after products. one might expect a much larger amount for a deposit on an item that will most likely cost over 1600.00 and some specs would be nice also..............is it able to de tune and run well, and what about weight compared to the k45 is it to be the same as the outer size indicates. and when is the projected delivery date.

KingTech Turbines <mail@kingtechturbines.com>
8:50 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me, kingtechturbin.
Hi Joe,

Information is not available at this time.

Best Regards,

Vera Yang
KingTech Turbines
626-793-4677 (Tech Support only)
626-793-4567
www.kingtechturbines.com
Jun 29, 2017, 05:18 AM
Yes I sent 2 emails and none have been replied. June 8th, June 23rd.
Jun 29, 2017, 07:12 AM
used to build now i fly
looks like dirk at pacific jets has a much better reply and im looking forward to seeing the mini t1 with the proto k70 at jets over ky

here is his email reply last night. i like his reply and looking forward to getting my mini t1 from him soon.

Hi Joe,

KingTech put out a deposit link because the phone has been ringing off the hook asking for it after it was announced. We have a prototype K70 that will be at JOK in our New Mini T-1. We do not have pricing or any details other than it will put out 70N or around 16.5 LBS of thrust and it is the same size as our K-45. I will not take a deposit for an order until I know they are in transit from the factory. There are some guys that just have to have the 1st one off the production line and I don't want my phone ringing every 2 minutes asking for an update because I took a deposit. My price will be the exact same as KingTech's price.

Regards,

Dirk
Jun 29, 2017, 07:17 AM
KingtechUSA
Hey guys. We just recently received the prototype engine for demo at Kentucky jets. We don't have much info on it but wanted to get it in time to install in the new mini T1 for KYjets in a few weeks. I wont see it in person until Kentucky jets.

I am thinking the thrust will be around 16.5 pounds thrust. The size and weight are the same as the K45. For detuning I don't see why you couldnt but I would just use the throttle stick instead of detuning encase you need that power.

Let me know if I can help you guys. Very busy building 3 new planes to show at the event. Guldukat might be better to just call Barry thats the best way.
Jun 29, 2017, 08:45 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
I've gotten fast replies over Facebook. Very good answering questions I must say.

This new engine is really cool. I've been flying the Lambert engines since they are the only ones putting out the performance I'm after. Why would I get a K60 Kingtech when I get the same power from something half the weight??? For me easy choice.

Now the K70 is closing up and if/when it arrives it will be a really good choice for many airframes where K45 is not enough and the larger K60/Swiwin 60/Ace 60 etc are heavy dogs.

I find it interesting that now Kingtech has gone from the new comer to leading the development in main stream engines. They now bring the best engines to the market, not only the cheapest.

Even in my eyes this is good sh|t, and my thought of what's good are a tad screwed you know ;-)

I welcome this engine and I might actually get one my self for my PAF Salamander.
Jun 29, 2017, 08:50 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd
For detuning I don't see why you couldnt but I would just use the throttle stick instead of detuning encase you need that power.
People that want detuning should not be close to anything flying... as you stated there are a detuner in form of throttle. Use it! If if made 100N so much better, no need for detune. Keep the planes light, powerful and be clever behind the sticks!
Jun 29, 2017, 06:15 PM
used to build now i fly
i just wasnt sure if the top end went up did the bottom rpm follow in preset ecu choices.. it is the bottom end low thrust i prefer and was not sure at full 70n it was also on a fuel curve to go to full low rpm.. but it makes sense now that it would handle the low end same even if the top end was adjusted down.. just not thinking when i mentioned it.
Jun 30, 2017, 04:44 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
i just wasnt sure if the top end went up did the bottom rpm follow in preset ecu choices.. it is the bottom end low thrust i prefer and was not sure at full 70n it was also on a fuel curve to go to full low rpm.. but it makes sense now that it would handle the low end same even if the top end was adjusted down.. just not thinking when i mentioned it.
The idle thrust in general increases when you choose a larger engine. So often it makes sense choosing a smaller engine to get the weight down and the idle thrust down.

For example K45 rather then K60 in the Super Viper. Now with K70 same size as K45.... well K70 it is..... until they make a gen 2 K45 smaller again. Thats how I did it with my Kolibri T50. 54N of thrust from an almost P20 size engine.
Nov 01, 2017, 02:09 PM
I just uploaded a unboxing and test run video on youtube.

KingTech K70G unboxing and test run (9 min 4 sec)

hope you like it