1/96 scale fittings - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 26, 2004, 11:02 AM

1/96 scale fittings

I would like to find a good source for 1/96 scale fittings. I'm looking for port holes and such. Anyone have any ideas on how to make good hand rails/guard rails for the ship? Like the ones on the edges of the decks... Also, if anyone has WORKING anchors in this scale, what did you use? Plactic/metal chain? what size and where from? How did you get it to lower/raise... drive train?motor? Thank you! -James
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2004, 06:04 AM
Try this....He has some new photoetched protholes among other things in that scale. www.tomsmodelworks.com
Oct 27, 2004, 06:05 AM
Dam dyslexia!!! LOL!!!! I mean PORTHOLES!
Oct 30, 2004, 07:14 AM
So far, not much luck. Everything is either the wrong scale, or simply won't do. There are alot of items I like, just not the scale. The ship I am considering building, is a ULCC tanker similiar to that of the Jahre Viking in 1/96. At that size, alot of accessories, need to be bigger. ANy help would be great. I think the anchor would need to be bigger then what I have found aviable. Smae goes for the chain, and I hace yet to find a anchor winch that can handle larger chain/amounts/lengths of chain. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks for the help. -James
Nov 05, 2004, 03:18 AM
Try Hobby-lobby....they have a moderate amount of fittings and some are fairly large. They dont go by scale though but in standard dimensions if i remember correctly. Also, the names you listed for your project, strikes me as being european. Hobby-lobby fittings are based mostly on european design.