Jul 28, 2018, 11:35 PM
How does the bodywork look? Would it be a cheaper option for a practice shell on other chassis?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2018, 10:05 PM
Hi Peter

They are not as nicely finished as the old SB5 body or Jabber fairing but once painted you probably wouldn't know so much, the helmet is lexan too but the way it overlaps to join together looks abit funny compared to the old plastic helmet the SB5 had but I guess any lexan helmet would have to overlap to join, again once painted you probably wouldn't notice.

The rider is held together with self tappers, you don't get the fancy plastic bits like the old SB5 will be interesting to see how it holds up.

I had a lot of SB5 bodies where the lexan was really thin in some places this Fijon one seems to be more even in that respect.

Hey Pete, you owned a few KP bikes, you wouldn't happen to have a set of hard steering springs lying around you would like to sell me?
Last edited by rcmotogp; Jul 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Aug 04, 2018, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmotogp
Hi Pete

Hey Pete, you owned a few KP bikes, you wouldn't happen to have a set of hard steering springs lying around you would like to sell me?
I finally remembered to check out my box of old stuff in the shed. No steering springs in it,
Aug 05, 2018, 02:51 PM
All good Pete, I've found an old damper to try, once the rest of my stuff turns up.
Aug 28, 2018, 03:56 AM
Did you get this running? Would love to see some footage if you have it, or just comment on its abilities.
Sep 02, 2018, 07:27 PM
just a matter of finding some time, hoping I can get it all finished this weekend, not sure when Ill get out to the track
Sep 08, 2018, 02:34 AM
Got her out for the first run today, a nice quiet street in an industrial area.

A quick trim up to get her tracking straight and it was all very promising. Only real trouble was the street was very dirty lots of little stones the dirt wasnít an issue the soft roadies hooked up really nice but the stones were a bit tricky often helping the front wheel off the ground

I wanted to run it very close to standard for the first run and then tinker from there. But I did change the steering to a damper as I just couldnít see the standard steering working well the springs are way to soft. So I have a modified light scale damper fitted I had also moved the roller mounts up.

The bike was staying down nice in the turns and was very easy to pickup with the throttle. It been said before in other threads that the bike can lean a lot further than the designers gave it credit for and my finding were no different even after moving the roller mounts up you could still get a lot more lean angle the bike can certainly handle more lean angle and will certainly need the extra lean angle for the track. I prefer scratch bars so I will try and fab something up to suit bars and trim them up to get the extra lean angle still available, failing that I will shorten the rollers and bend them up further.

As I said earlier I got a bit carried away and I ended up launching the bike by mistake full speed over a cats eye in the road, it was a rather large spill cartwheeling the bike down the road, the bike itself was surprisingly unharmed but the lexan body didnít hold up so well, lucky I hadnít spent time painting it. I suspect the lexan is a little on the weak side but it was a big spill so Iíll hold judgement on that until the next body.

All in all Iím very happy, I can see with a bit of tinkering the bike will go very well.
Sep 08, 2018, 08:30 PM
Nice to hear, hopefully you'll be able to get some video. I'm sure a lot of people would like to see how it performs.
Oct 06, 2018, 03:00 PM
Replacement body turned up, I can officially say they are junk now donít even buy one for a practice body. I donít know for sure but I think they are PETG whatever it is they are weak and brittle.

Anyone know what available bodies fit the GT913/FJ913 ?

Iíve made up a new rear subframe from some carbon I had in the toolbox I can now fit crashbar mounts. Havenít been able to test at the track yet, waiting on a key but it seemed like a nice improvement at the local car park. The position of the bars was my best guess.
Oct 26, 2018, 07:47 AM
Hi,

need to get a new body, too. I used STO body shells. But they were no more aviable. I think it is possible to use a Jabber body. But you have to find a new way to attach it on the chassis. Another option is the NF body. Its cheaper and it should be possible to use the existing holes (red cycle in the pic) to mount bodyposts. I already used my NF rider body on another bike. Could not find it. For next year i will order a new Set of the NF body. Another option is the new Xrider body for the Scorpio. When i get the chance to get my hands on one i will try out.

The bike:
Its a great one. Easy to handle and good traction on the front. With some modifications i got the same lean angle like my Lightscale 2018. Will definitly drive it in the next year.
Oct 28, 2018, 02:51 AM
Yep the older jabber fairing fits but it is tight, a bit of extra trimming to clear the front wheel is needed the front mount hole was fine with the standard body mount position of the fj913 but you need to cut a new hole in the body to suit the rearward body mount, it is a really tight fit especially around the battery. I wouldnít say Iím 100% happy with the fit but itís better than any other alternative. As with anything jabber the fairings are quality. I vac formed some bodies years ago, the forming part was easy enough itís just the moisture in the lexan that caused problems perhaps I should give it another go and make my own fairing that fits a cross between the sb5 and jabber fairing would be perfect.

Should be getting my track key in a week so hopefully I can turn some laps on a real track soon
Oct 28, 2018, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmotogp

Should be getting my track key in a week so hopefully I can turn some laps on a real track soon
I will keep an eye on your progress. As I keep saying we are overdue a trip to Chch, I would love to come and have a play.

I head off to Adelaide on the weekend, at Littlehampton track 7-11 November.
Nov 01, 2018, 04:07 AM
Hi Pete

Next club day is the 11th so should be getting a key then, canít wait to turn some laps, keep in touch.
Nov 19, 2018, 09:23 PM

need tires

I need tires for my Fijon 1/5 scale motorcycle. I have two one old and one new kit . Dose anyone have a source for tires? To the designer Bang good selling frame kits without tires is a bad idea.
lsh1911

Quick Reply